Mono Blocks vs 2 Channel Power Amp

Vivek, i have owned Klipsch RF3s for several years although 15 years back. Before thinking about mono or stereo, what you need is an amp which does the 1-10W very well. the rest may jsut be for the headroom

As suggested above, you can look at tubes or SS . it does depend on your budget and if you do go for SS a pure Class A is ideal since they are the most linear. I have used a Sugden A21a with them very well. A rega Brio also played them well.

An SET would be great but depends in the kind of music and how you like it to be presented.

I am more into Ghazals of Jagjit old country/jazz/ rock and pop some real English classics. What tube amps would suit my taste?

I am more into Ghazals of Jagjit old country/jazz/ rock and pop some real English classics. What tube amps would suit my taste?

Sorry to be a bummer, but most old recordings are mixed quiet bright. And the klipsch have a deliberate harsh treble that suits rock for the American masses. So this combination will make it very bright if your room is not treated. To balance it out , I would suggest EL34 tube amps which have a steeply rolled off treble to tame that brightness. And they have a magical midrange that should suit your preference for older vocal centric music.

Which ever amp you buy, please make sure that same is also compatible with KT88 tubes. So that in future, if you change your speakers, then a change from el34 to kt88 tubes should give you an increase in power, but will reduce that mid range magic slightly.

Primaluna come to mind if you are looking to buy new in India. And they start in the 3.5L range. For similar money, you could try different speakers too. All the best...And wishing you happy listening:)

the klipsch have a deliberate harsh treble
The klipsch RP600M i heard did have sparkle on the treble but not the klipsch house sound that you are referring to. I assume OPs floorstander also falls in same series so should sound similar. A warm sounding component can tame the sparkle for a mellow sound which will be ideal for ghazals.

The klipsch RP600M i heard did have sparkle on the treble but not the klipsch house sound that you are referring to. I assume OPs floorstander also falls in same series so should sound similar. A warm sounding component can tame the sparkle for a mellow sound which will be ideal for ghazals.

Thanks for correcting me there sandeep :)

Point well noted. In that case a pure class A amp of anywhere near 30W should do the trick. Unless vivek wants to try tubes, which is a entire different rabbit hole on its own :D

Yea you are right here

Thanks for correcting me there sandeep :)

Point well noted. In that case a pure class A amp of anywhere near 30W should do the trick. Unless vivek wants to try tubes, which is a entire different rabbit hole on its own :D
I may be interested in tube once I have a demo somewhere.

I may be interested in tube once I have a demo somewhere.

I can see that you are from chandigarh. Please see if you can reach out to some local forum members and have a listen to their setups with amps. That is the only real way of actually spending a good amount of time listening to stuff.

We have a very active hyderabad group, with lots of varied kit amongst us. And we meet very often or visit each other in the evenings for group listens. Nothing is more enjoyable than listening and talking music with friends. And it's pretty enlightening how much we get to learn just discussing bull shit :D

I can see that you are from chandigarh. Please see if you can reach out to some local forum members and have a listen to their setups with amps. That is the only real way of actually spending a good amount of time listening to stuff.

We have a very active hyderabad group, with lots of varied kit amongst us. And we meet very often or visit each other in the evenings for group listens. Nothing is more enjoyable than listening and talking music with friends. And it's pretty enlightening how much we get to learn just discussing bull shit :D
That's a very good suggestion. It did not strike me. I will.tey find such similar group here. I second to you that's would.be the best place to evaluate any gear.

Thanks.

Sorry to be a bummer, but most old recordings are mixed quiet bright. And the klipsch have a deliberate harsh treble that suits rock for the American masses. So this combination will make it very bright if your room is not treated. To balance it out , I would suggest EL34 tube amps which have a steeply rolled off treble to tame that brightness. And they have a magical midrange that should suit your preference for older vocal centric music.

Which ever amp you buy, please make sure that same is also compatible with KT88 tubes. So that in future, if you change your speakers, then a change from el34 to kt88 tubes should give you an increase in power, but will reduce that mid range magic slightly.

Primaluna come to mind if you are looking to buy new in India. And they start in the 3.5L range. For similar money, you could try different speakers too. All the best...And wishing you happy listening:)
Me too thinking of primaluna pre and power. But I need to be very sure now before spending any money that what I am.doing exactly. Tubes are completely out of my domain as of now. Who knows I may fall in love with tubes.

I am not sure what kind of access you have to brands not available on in india as well as what your budget is. I guess you are using a digital source.

If limited to indian and you have a budget constraint and tubes , you should speak to viren bakshi in the forum and see what can fit you. they would be the most VFM for you on tubes.

I love Sugden products , for Solid state Integrated amps thats a great option as their Class A design is very good. Rega Amps would also I suspect be a very good match. So would Quad

I am sure there would be a lot of other brands FMs can suggest

For that budget there are so many options but the klipsch, in the end, is a budget speaker and more suited for HT than Stereo. As some folks have mentioned , for that budget you could also consider a different speaker and amp combo than the Klipsch.

If you can make it to Delhi, I would recommend connecting with Sid Aryan who runs Sound By Design ..he is a nice guy and has a very nice collection of brands and may have good advice

for that budget there are so many options but the klipsch in the end is a budget speaker and more suited for HT than Stereo. as some folks have mentioned for that budget you cold also consider a different speaker and amp combo than the Klipsch.

If you can make it to Delhi, I would recommend connecting with Sid Aryan who runs Sound By Design ..he is a nice guy and has a very nice collection of brands
Yea I heard the name before as well. I am trying to sell off everything then will do the extensive search.

Hi vivek.. saw your sale post. You indeed seem committed to getting a good sounding system. Unfortunately Iam presently out of India. I should be back by mid July I guess. If you haven't decided by then and also if you couldn't find too many systems to listen to in chandigarh, then i would gladly invite you to book your flights to hyderabad for a weekend. We have a friendly gang with loads of great kit...and hyderabad has great food too..So what's not to like :D

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back