Mordaunt Short Aviano 2 vs Polk RTi A1

terasain

Hi,

This is my first post here. I have decided to set up a stereo system and mostly rounded on Cambridge Audio 540A v2 amplifier. Now comes my big problem of speaker selection. I have selected two speakers -> Mordaunt Short Aviano 2 and Polk RTi A1. I have heard both these speakers and they sound good. But since the no dealer here in chennai deals with both cambridge and polk, i couldnt hear the combination. I would really appreciate if some one who have heard this combination share their experience.

I am also going to drive the system with 30% CD and 70% FLAC files from my PC. I am also sceptical about driving the stereo set up from a PC source. Any thoughts on that also would be very helpful.

Thanks

This is my first post here.

Welcome.

mostly rounded on Cambridge Audio 540A v2 amplifier. I have selected two speakers -> Mordaunt Short Aviano 2 and Polk RTi A1.

If 540 is THE amp you want to buy, then you need to forget the Polk, don't even try to match them, would lean mostly on the brighter side and you may not like it in the longer run. Said that, MS Aviano is the way to go for CA amp, excellent synergy, very musical; so no contest.

:)

Thanks Vinod, I am also considering wharfedale diamond 10.1. I have heard awesome things about this speaker speaker. Also do you have any experience connecting a pc to a stereo amp through an external sound card.

Thanks
Srivats

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back