Mordaunt short aviano 6 vs Polk audio TSI 500

Maxprocrj

Guys please share your views on these two very popular entry level speakers

Mordaunt short aviano 6 (42K)

VS

Polk audio TSI 500 (34K)

Haven't tried tsi 500 but did try tsi 400 with a denon avr and aviano 6 with marantz 6006. To my admittably inexperienced ear, aviano 6 was much much better.

Unfortunately though, it seems either MS is discontinuing the aviano series or there are some other issues with importing these in India but there is no new stock for these in india anymore. The guys at Fx entertainment even said there is no new stock in uk either.

AViano 6... is far far better than Polk TSi series..
MS is not discontinuing the aviano series but I heard from a reliable source that there are some delays in importing the shipments of MS Aviano and other MS products to India.

I can vouch for AV6 with Denon, using it gracefully for the last 2 years. CA Stereo Amps gel very very well with AV range.

hi yahoo, can you pls elaborate on how the MS are better than polk. I have almost made up my mind to buy the polk tsi500s as part my upgrade. I was just waiting to sell my magnats before I could buy. My priority is music all the way and even if they perform poorly for movies its ok to me. Also pls let me the price at which you bought yours and where. Thanks,
AViano 6... is far far better than Polk TSi series..
MS is not discontinuing the aviano series but I heard from a reliable source that there are some delays in importing the shipments of MS Aviano and other MS products to India.

hi yahoo, can you pls elaborate on how the MS are better than polk. I have almost made up my mind to buy the polk tsi500s as part my upgrade. I was just waiting to sell my magnats before I could buy. My priority is music all the way and even if they perform poorly for movies its ok to me. Also pls let me the price at which you bought yours and where. Thanks,

If music is your preference go for Aviano s.. Polks are good for Movies but not that musical compared to Avianos.. I found Polk TSi a bit dull and not dynamic while Avianos are opposite and even bass is better and more in AV6

34k for tsi500 would mean about 17% discount on mrp. I've been offered upto 15% discount from a profx dealer (for both polks and kef) in delhi. Might need to push a bit more if I do decide to get either of those.

Not necessary as this online retailers purchase these stock in bulk so they use economic of scale................:eek:

Last edited:
I GOT THIS:):)

19920.jpg

AV 6 for sure...........more musicial. Polks are more bright which is ok for movies. AVs are more warmer, depends what sound you prefer. I would go with the AVs.

Aviano 6 are balanced for bopth movies and music.. Marantz and aviano is a good combo for music... With Onkyo AVR s they sound great for movies too... exvellent punch and clarity.

Aviano 6 are balanced for bopth movies and music.. Marantz and aviano is a good combo for music... With Onkyo AVR s they sound great for movies too... exvellent punch and clarity.

I am not feeling good for movies,it may be bcz of Marantz . Music is good.

AV6 has better matching with CA amps and Avrs. Btw, when played with my Denon AVR, AV6 sound very good indeed.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back