Moserbaer DVD Quality

Yogesh Sarkar

I am planning to buy a few movie DVDs from moserbaer and was wondering how is their quality (I already have a few of them downloaded)?

I am planning to buy a few movie DVDs from moserbaer and was wondering how is their quality (I already have a few of them downloaded)?

MB DVDs contains good sound Q surr,but PQ is just like VCD with most of them.I got RHTDM & Swadesh ,RHTDM PQ was dull than original VCDs, Swadesh is OK.

Hi! Yogesh

Welcome to the world of Hi-Fi........we get Leh'd here just by listening to our sound systems....:eek:hyeah:

Very nice to have you here...:clapping:

Older Movies print will be crap as they are directly using the encoding done by the company they the rights from.

New movies depends some are acceptable while some suck.

But for 50 bucks what more can you ask for?

Hello,
I think it is not proper to go by the brand when it comes to quality of a dvd. IF film is not shot with a good camera not matter what brand the DVD cannot be good. I have recently seen wednesday, fashion and welcome to sajjanpur they are all moserbaer release with very good picture and sound quality. Actually it is a general iisue with hindi movies that general volume is on the higher side. Sound is more on the boomy side. The quality of pictures entirely depends on the producer and the quality og camera and post production they are using. It is not true that cheap means bad.
Thanks.

Thanks every one for responding, like I said, I already have these movies in ripped format, so looking for slightly better quality than that, as I regularly watch these movies. All most all of them are new (Jab we met, Dev D, Lakshay, Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, Yahaan etc.)

Hi! Yogesh

Welcome to the world of Hi-Fi........we get Leh'd here just by listening to our sound systems....:eek:hyeah:

Very nice to have you here...:clapping:
Thanks, Abhishek?

Last edited:
One thing I despise about Indian DVD's (moser baer, shemaroo, ultra) is the logo on the top corner of the screen. After buying the DVD, I don't want to be reminded every second that I am watching a Moser Baer or Shemaroo DVD.

I have one 3 in 1 moser baer DVD, there is no scene selection menu, just a movie selection menu. I also got 2 single DVD's, and the quality is nothing to write about. But as mentioned in the thread, you can't expect much from Rs. 50 bucks.

Thanks every one for responding, like I said, I already have these movies in ripped format, so looking for slightly better quality than that, as I regularly watch these movies. All most all of them are new (Jab we met, Dev D, Lakshay, Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, Yahaan etc.)

Thanks, Abhishek?

Didn't like the quality of "Jab we met" at all.

Hmm I understand REdbook CD audio is not packets of data but a steady stream where timing and read errors matter. Hence the audiophile nitpicking about bad recordings.

But what is it about Video data that makes it similar? After all bits are packetized and buffered when reading is it not? Or is my understanding of DVD video recording tech mistaken?

Cheers

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back