Most forgiving speaker

cooltoad

Hi folks,

what in your opinion is the most forgiving speaker in the 15k range(esp among wharfdale), as i have loads of music digitized from tapes and other not so good quality cd recordings(indian) and the speaker should not render them unusable(and should be chameleon like with good quality recordings).The speaker is for room size 120 sqft.

you said it.... wharfies top the list.

Anyway , i belive any spk in 15k range has to be forgiving.

btw, is revealing opposite of forgiving?

you said it.... wharfies top the list.

Anyway , i belive any spk in 15k range has to be forgiving.

btw, is revealing opposite of forgiving?

Good question. Above all the listener must be able to forgive the quality of recordings .. more than the speakers :D

Cheers

Hi folks,

what in your opinion is the most forgiving speaker in the 15k range(esp among wharfdale), as i have loads of music digitized from tapes and other not so good quality cd recordings(indian) and the speaker should not render them unusable(and should be chameleon like with good quality recordings).The speaker is for room size 120 sqft.

At this budget I would say pretty much everything would be forgiving.

Any speaker that is not bright voiced.

What happens at lower bitrates is that usually the higher frequencies get the axe.

And if your speaker highlights those higher frequencies - its gonna push out only garbled mess.

Speakers like Polk RTi etc are bright ones.

bhanja_trinanjan;67581 Not good... Get good recordings! :D[/QUOTE said:
Bhanja, easier said than done, u cant do much to restore old recordings and u dont wanna let go of the musical quality of your collection for the sake of embracing technology.How can i not listen to my old records just because i've acquired a new system , bitten by the audiophile bug.

Unfortunately, we dont get many good quality remastered recordings of indian performers. May be , it's a fact we have to bear with or may be, there lies a trade-off somewhere, in choosing the right system for the purpose and that is what i am after.

Last edited:
hey dude, can't say if this is the "most forgiving", but the Epos ELS8 that I listened to recently was quite a forgiving speaker, in addition to the fact that it had good dynamics, a nice mid-range and good bass for the size. As with "forgiving" speakers, it was not as detailed as some others, but 'forgiving' is a good description of the Epos ELS8's sound. It costs about 20k, but it's worth a listen, I would say. It is available for demo (and purchase) at Decibel. Raghu is the guy to contact. His demo room is off Cenotaph Road - www.decibel.co.in

Bhanja, easier said than done, u cant do much to restore old recordings and u dont wanna let go of the musical quality of your collection for the sake of embracing technology.How can i not listen to my old records just 'coz i've acquired a new system.Unfortunately, we dont get many good quality remastered recordings of indian performers. May be , it's a fact we have to bear with or may be, there lies a trade-off somewhere, in choosing the right system for the purpose and that is what i am after.

Hey now we are curious ... whats your rare and secret collection about? Artist? Genre? :D

Regards

Good question. Above all the listener must be able to forgive the quality of recordings .. more than the speakers :D

Cheers

very well said. my wife is so forgiving is that she likes all speakers/amplifiers/CDs /cassettes except blank ones.:)

Hey now we are curious ... whats your rare and secret collection about? Artist? Genre? :D

Regards

Hi gobble, although i listen to rock predominantly which is why i want to get a new system, i have some good 50s 60s carnatic music recordings from tapes.

Hi gobble, although i listen to rock predominantly which is why i want to get a new system, i have some good 50s 60s carnatic music recordings from tapes.

Are these on metal/cobalt tapes? Are the original sound tracks engineered of high quality?

Else you may be better off buying re-mastered CD releases of old music. Slowly and steadily you can build a collection of your old favorites but with better SQ over the years.

Regards

hey dude, can't say if this is the "most forgiving", but the Epos ELS8 that I listened to recently was quite a forgiving speaker, in addition to the fact that it had good dynamics, a nice mid-range and good bass for the size. As with "forgiving" speakers, it was not as detailed as some others, but 'forgiving' is a good description of the Epos ELS8's sound. It costs about 20k, but it's worth a listen, I would say. It is available for demo (and purchase) at Decibel. Raghu is the guy to contact. His demo room is off Cenotaph Road - Home | decibel - the art of sound | Home Theatre, Hi-Fi, High End Specialty Audio Chennai, India

Psycho, Epos sound great, esp the vocals are amazing, but at 20k, i'd put my money on wharfs for better PPR/VFM

Forgiving = Lack of resolution, poor detail retrieval, euphonic tonality with excess warmth. :D

Truly said - good loudspeakers are meant to reproduce recorded material faithfully and not gloss over deficient recordings and make everything inoffensive:)

that said, the most forgiving speaker system has to be Bose:)

Truly said - good loudspeakers are meant to reproduce recorded material faithfully and not gloss over deficient recordings and make everything inoffensive:)

well it makes pathetic signals clouded with its own signature of enhanced highs and lows - who cares about midrange :lol:

I guess we should all be forgiving to Mr. Bose in turn for showing such forgiveness in his products :D

Just a passing thought .... :)

Cheers

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back