Movies - Both Good and Bad

CARS this the movie of cars, which the cars have shown thier own emotions with thier respective characters. simply one cant see or think how the cars or thier own cars would act emotionally. it was really a really a jem of the movies out there and really discovers the respesct of the cars(may be its just a automobile for someone) but for some its thier loving car. after seen the cars movie, anyone can let the emotions getting out......the car loves, cares, speaks, laughs, sleeps, shys, hurts and even do comedies and many more.

At the end of the day i love the "cars" movie watching many more times.....and even i give it to my youngest friend aged 5 and half years old and after that he didnt give it back to me, watched the "cars" movie manymore times than me, it hurts me, that he paased my record of watching "cars" movie like a formula1 car speed. i enjoy it a lot and his dad got very much angry on me and he get the dvd locked in 6 feet cupboard, when ever my friends father see me when passing his house, he say that his son every time see some red coloured cars particularly, will ask me to play the cars dvd. this was the problem happened by you he says.........

:eek:hyeah:

Two films I would like to recommend for the members

Rope (1948 ) - Fantastic movie filmed entirely in a single room (!). The whole movie thus depended only on the acting skills of the main characters .

Last Train from Gun Hill (1959)- Usual revenge drama . Highlights being a very "hard as nails" performance from the lead Kirk Douglas.

The reason I avoid the recent releases is that Hollywood and Bollywood seem to be going the extra mile for the sfx part music etc while compromising on basics like storyline and acting (sometimes none exist !!) . I have come many times from the cinema totally bewildered as to what exactly was going on :mad:

Certain movies that will remain as classics will be Cast away, The Terminal. Tom Hanks is some1 to beat in acting. He is one of my favourite actors. But, I was watching this comedy How to Lose Friends and alienate people. Though it has a weird and long title it was a nice comedy. Simon Pegg and Kirsten Dunst. You will enjoy it for sure. And saw Open Season 2 also. It was better than Part 1. Quite hilarious if u just like that sort of a movie.
And as far as Wall E was concerned it was really nice for the first hour and I just felt it was a bit dragging. Thats what. Otherwise I do believe it was well thought out. Cheers...

CARS this the movie of cars, which the cars have shown thier own emotions with thier respective characters. simply one cant see or think how the cars or thier own cars would act emotionally. it was really a really a jem of the movies out there and really discovers the respesct of the cars(may be its just a automobile for someone) but for some its thier loving car. after seen the cars movie, anyone can let the emotions getting out......the car loves, cares, speaks, laughs, sleeps, shys, hurts and even do comedies and many more.

At the end of the day i love the "cars" movie watching many more times.....and even i give it to my youngest friend aged 5 and half years old and after that he didnt give it back to me, watched the "cars" movie manymore times than me, it hurts me, that he paased my record of watching "cars" movie like a formula1 car speed. i enjoy it a lot and his dad got very much angry on me and he get the dvd locked in 6 feet cupboard, when ever my friends father see me when passing his house, he say that his son every time see some red coloured cars particularly, will ask me to play the cars dvd. this was the problem happened by you he says.........

:eek:hyeah:

I would rate CARS as the best ever animation movie! My 3 year old watches it 2 times a day on weekends regularly and even I join him! This is almost perfect with great animation and with a great story line!

watched "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" staring jaison segal .One of the Funniest movie of 2008.But not recommended for watching with family.:)

I would rate CARS as the best ever animation movie! My 3 year old watches it 2 times a day on weekends regularly and even I join him! This is almost perfect with great animation and with a great story line!

totally agree on CARS. I can't even count the number of times my son has seen the movies ever since it has been released. We now have 2 DVD's, one in our house and another at my in-laws. He has even learned the dialogues from various scenes.

Best part is, even I do not get tired of watching this movie.

2 sequences always give me the goose bumps:
- the race between doc and mcquee in the valley
- the souped up cars (dj, wings and .....was it snot) come up on the highway besides red.

among serious animations work "grave of the fireflies" is a must watch..considered one of the best of wartime movies...its japanese though

Grave of the Fireflies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Some critics (most notably Roger Ebert) consider it to be one of the most powerful anti-war movies ever made. Animation historian Ernest Rister compares the film to Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List and says, "it is the most profoundly human animated film I've ever seen."

National Treasure 1 & 2. Good movies. Nicholas Cage has done a good job. Diane Kruger was stunning and Justin Bartha has also done a really good job. Overall I felt its a complete family entertainer. Actually saw the movie Stranger than Fiction yesterday. Wasn't my cuppa tea, though I watched the full movie.
I think tonight it will be time for a nice animation!!!

Hey Guys, this thread is going in the wrong direction all together and rather confusing.

For movies that one thinks is good and recommendable, we already have a long thread called 'Movies I liked' (http://www.hifivision.com/movies/1235-movies-i-liked.html). Please post all your comments about movies you liked there.

I thought this thread was supposed to warn people against some really stupid or sick movies (disastrous movies) that we were unfortunate enough to see. From that we veered off towards discussions in animated movies. From that we are now discussing regular movies we liked. National Treasure is neither a disastrous movies nor is it an animated one.

Just to bring this thread back on track I recently saw two movies of Cuba Gooding Jr both of which deserve to get the DVDs broken.

One was a movie called 'Way of War'. This was completely listless movie. Fighting a meaningless war in the Middle East, David Wolfe, the character played by Cuba come backs to US to wage a personal was on some VIPS. At the end, the director, Cuba, and I were totally confused as to the plot and I could not make out who were good and who were bad.

Cuba has gone and excelled himself in playing as a military operative in another movie titled 'The Devil's Tomb'. Somewhere in Iraq, the US digs some 1000 feet under the ground to reveal a tomb of some bad and sick characters. Cuba The Great goes charging down to get whacked by shape changing sickos. All the operatives dark past are used by the sickos to confuse them and whack them. A extremely bad version of 'The Mummy', I would say with none of the plot, special effects and superb acting that were there in The Mummy. This was one movie I would like to forget very very quickly.

In both movies I could see Cuba being sleepy and cursing his luck in having to act with some really dumb directors and plots. I do hope he gets some good roles. He is a capable actor, poor chap.
Cheers

Hey Guys, this thread is going in the wrong direction all together and rather confusing.

For movies that one thinks is good and recommendable, we already have a long thread called 'Movies I liked' (http://www.hifivision.com/movies/1235-movies-i-liked.html). Please post all your comments about movies you liked there

Venkatcr

Thank you very much for the writing, many of us are aware about this wrong movement, but we have been sitting quite.

Vinay.

Venkatcr

Thank you very much for the writing, many of us are aware about this wrong movement, but we have been sitting quite.

Vinay.

Hey Vinay and Venkat,
I myself had mentioned that it was shaping up in the wrong way. When I started I have mentioned that it is only movies I didn't like. I hope I clarified. Thats y I changed the name...cheers mate...

watched "The Consipracy" last night. There wasn't no conspiracy in it. A useless movie to watch. The start was promising but then it ended abruptly with some gun shots.

2012 its crap no head no tail. no story line either.I had independenceday, terminator 2 etc in my mind before the movie started. It took 10 minutes to realise its a low budget movie made in a hurry. A nice guy with a nice family runs around for 2 hrs and the movie finishes. :sad:

bollywood has gone beyond the dissastor stage
when all others flicks have have gone bigger and better our bollywood seems to head in the opposite direction, dont think even god cud help

cant think of any watchable bollywood flick post ghajani

harry potter --half blood prince
wanted to see this, after all the hype it had created, turned out to be a total crap

Hello, a very useful and interesting thread. Thanks for the posts.

I would say the only movie channels worth watching nowadays are UTV World movies and zee studio.
And the worst are StarMovies and HBO...

Anyway its a lot of quality degrading happened to movies around the world. This is more visible in Hollywood (there are no great movies for the last few years, and Indian languages as well).

Look at the Oscars. Once upon a time Godfather series got Oscars....now u see "Slum dog millionaires are getting it. Such is the standard nowadays.
I usually browse thru Cann website and select the movies they listed as golden palm or nominated movies. And download the same.

@ Bangalore, national market, there is a small shop where the guy is selling worlds greatest movies high quality print DVD for Rs. 50...
He got very decent collection.

Yeah,
Yesterday I was watching Wall E but due to it being not that appealing, had to turn it off in less than hour.

This is when I stopped reading this thread!
People are so much different that this thread is not going to help anyone.

If I were to read this beore watching the movie, I would have missed a wonderful movie.

To each his opinion. Wall E personally sucked for me. Could not watch it after 30 mins. Too dull and the messaging could have been done in 15 mins - modern amenities makes you dull and obese - and there is someone to make a profit out of it all

Back