Movies - Both Good and Bad

Hello, a very useful and interesting thread. Thanks for the posts.

I would say the only movie channels worth watching nowadays are UTV World movies and zee studio.
And the worst are StarMovies and HBO...

Anyway its a lot of quality degrading happened to movies around the world. This is more visible in Hollywood (there are no great movies for the last few years, and Indian languages as well).

Look at the Oscars. Once upon a time Godfather series got Oscars....now u see "Slum dog millionaires are getting it. Such is the standard nowadays.
I usually browse thru Cann website and select the movies they listed as golden palm or nominated movies. And download the same.

@ Bangalore, national market, there is a small shop where the guy is selling worlds greatest movies high quality print DVD for Rs. 50...
He got very decent collection.

sad but, most of national markets pirated dvd's is another major disaster

2012 its crap no head no tail. no story line either.I had independenceday, terminator 2 etc in my mind before the movie started. It took 10 minutes to realise its a low budget movie made in a hurry. A nice guy with a nice family runs around for 2 hrs and the movie finishes. :sad:

man at least give credits for it visuals and sfx

this movie depends entirely on the graphics ,visual / sound effects

Last edited:
KAMINEY -----total bukwas

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No way ...If you like Tarentino then kaminey was a fantastic movie!
Story is linier unlike tarentino but understand the movie - from the name - it is kaminey --- noone is mr. nice anymore and everyone is fallable - there is no mushy romance
and on the top of it being a maharashtrian i feel it portrays a urban maharashtrian woman who is rude,rough ,rugged and violant!( Sorry to my Mama,wifey ,MIl and daughter-they are all like this!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:) .And then see the detailing of characters even who appers for shortwhile.

In fact saw once in theaters and then got DIVx copy and saw again!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No way ...If you like Tarentino then kaminey was a fantastic movie!
Story is linier unlike tarentino but understand the movie - from the name - it is kaminey --- noone is mr. nice anymore and everyone is fallable - there is no mushy romance
and on the top of it being a maharashtrian i feel it portrays a urban maharashtrian woman who is rude,rough ,rugged and violant!( Sorry to my Mama,wifey ,MIl and daughter-they are all like this!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:) .And then see the detailing of characters even who appers for shortwhile.

In fact saw once in theaters and then got DIVx copy and saw again!

thanks man , will try to rechk on kaminey , the first time i watched this on dvd (the quality on moserbaer was pathetic) fell asleep in the first 15 mins woke up hearing my own snoore:lol:
and sent the dvd into the trash can in 2 pieces

but after your recomendations will buy again and re watch

thanks man , will try to rechk on kaminey , the first time i watched this on dvd (the quality on moserbaer was pathetic) fell asleep in the first 15 mins woke up hearing my own snoore:lol:
and sent the dvd into the trash can in 2 pieces

but after your recomendations will buy again and re watch

Buddy again it is matter of personnal test! I can write volumes about trashes like Gunda and Escape from LA but again it is not everyone's cup of tea!!

Buddy again it is matter of personnal test! I can write volumes about trashes like Gunda and Escape from LA but again it is not everyone's cup of tea!!

hemanth , this ones out of topic .

your signature shows 2 avrs a rotel and yamaha , do you have 2 set ups .

just curious

Hi,

To celebrate my successful completion of my exams, just watched the movie:

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans 2009 (DVD).

I should say the sound efx, visual efx, storyline are a total mess. We could easily make out the unnaturalness of visual eFX, especially in scenes with werewolfs.

To simply put, I am totally disappointed.

Cheers!

hemanth , this ones out of topic .

your signature shows 2 avrs a rotel and yamaha , do you have 2 set ups .

just curious

Sorry for delayed answer
Rotel was 2 Channel mini receiver which is sold.....So is My Cyrus amp.

That time I had many componants still have 1 complete 2 channel system,1 portable marantz 2 cnannel and 1 Yamaha avr + jbl based system and 5 extra big HT speakers! Also a lithos set is on the way..

Watched "Nanayam" Tamil movie( sorry to tell -Original VCD Rip).. Not a very bad movie against something released recently...and asusual copycat and slightly stolen story from The Bank Job.

Songs were let down completely and worst and unable to bear in the film sequences.. ( Music by James Vasanthan of fame " Subramaniyapuram).

Prasanna is good asusual and Sibiraj proves he is only suitable for Villain( for the sake of Satyaraj we will allow him to act as villain atleast).. Not for hero any more..

Not a very bad one, but it is a let down against expectation..

Last edited:
This is when I stopped reading this thread!
People are so much different that this thread is not going to help anyone.

If I were to read this beore watching the movie, I would have missed a wonderful movie.

Couldnt agree more of what you said. I was like :eek: when I read his post. WALL-E is in my top 5 Pixar has developed, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, A Bugs Life and UP are others.

People who like animation I would recomend (not discuessed here yet)
Madagascar 2 (some scenes are hilarious)
Shark Tale
Surf's Up
ANTZ
Bee Movie
ROBOTS
Chicken Run

etc etc

And per thread there are loads n loads, but I would start by Scary Movie 2, 4 and I presume all rest parts as well, for me the humor was so flat and cheap to the core that I was screaming to give back my wasted time........pure piece of Junk.

Last edited:
Again turning to Animation? May be the title should be changed and "irrelevant" posts discussing bad movies should be discarded :)

On Animation:

Catch up on some of Miyazaki films. IMHO (and IMHO only), they are far better than Disney cartoons (not Pixar films, just the cliche'd Disney ones). And for the record, I am not a big fan of the "Lion King".

"Grave of the Fireflies" mentioned a few pages ago is from the same staple - Studio Ghibli.

I have seen some of them - all films directed by Miyazaki + Grave of Fireflies + Whisper of the heart. These films are very well scripted, hand-drawn in 2-D, imaginative and are very different from the hollywood animations. They are not very similar in story telling either - "Porco Rosso" for instance is more like a 1950's Hollywood movie, while some of the others involve magic and mystery.

Of course, some are better than others. "Spirited Away" is one of the better ones. While "My Neighbour Totoro" is more a "kid's" movie, I like it too :indifferent14:

On "bad" movies:

To go along with "Disaster movie", "Meet the Spartans", "Date Movie", "Epic Movie" i.e., all the movies directed by the same duo are equally disastrous. They are almost all in the IMDB bottom 100 list. One of the comments say that the duo of Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are more of a threat to America than Al Queda ;)

I have managed to sit through 2.5 minutes of one of those - the one which gets repeat play on Star Movies - which I consider the height of my patience :rolleyes:

Saw INVICTUS Invictus (2009)

One of the most LAMEST movies I have seen.. the whole thing was extremely amateurishly shot.. and the acting very laboured!!

The story is quite inspiring though!

"Irreversible" = "Unwatchable"

Hi,

Yesterday, after a hectic week, thought of seeing a movie from a different genre, I decided to watch "irreversible." Typically, I watch movies from the genres like drama/family drama/foreign language movies when I dont get sleep or absolutely in a different mindset to ensure that I dont turn off in the midst of the movie.

Also, if the reviews are good, I dont use my PJ. To make an exception, I started watching "Irreversible." I wonder if the first 20 mins of the movie was shot on a camera which was tied to a swinging rope. My God, your eyes hurt; the camera almost goes 360 constantly. Gay clubs, nudity, followed by a violent scene where a man breaks the other's hand like a wooden scale and then the other person who came to his rescue in turn smashes the face using a fire extinguisher till the facial bones are crushed and the jaw stops moving.

Then, you have a 6-min horrible scene of monica belluci getting raped and her face smashed to the point where she becomes comatosed and the story rewinds to the end where you will find that Monica is pregnant before this incident.

This movie does not put any impact on me, neither the voilent scenes nor the characters! I dont see anything in this movie other than the compilation of these obscence scenes. I guess the movie is about a husband's revenge. The husband's actions to try to find the perpetuator annoys you to the core!

I basically ended up wasting my time! Please dont waste your time in watching this movie. These type of movies are not for humans and do not convey anything except the brutality that exists in the society.

Cheers!

Watched "Nanayam" Tamil movie( sorry to tell -Original VCD Rip).. Not a very bad movie against something released recently...and asusual copycat and slightly stolen story from The Bank Job.

Songs were let down completely and worst and unable to bear in the film sequences.. ( Music by James Vasanthan of fame " Subramaniyapuram).

Prasanna is good asusual and Sibiraj proves he is only suitable for Villain( for the sake of Satyaraj we will allow him to act as villain atleast).. Not for hero any more..

Not a very bad one, but it is a let down against expectation..

Am just reading this. But the music in this movie is OK. And one song 'Naan Pogiraen' is very melodious and possesses repeat value too. :)

Hi,

Done with another movie, Horsemen. I feel the movie lies, IMO, between the like and dislike criteria.

What I enjoyed in the movie is the way it has all ingredients, suspense, thriller, mystery, twists and turns, and so forth. However, at some point, the movie focuses more on the murders and the way they have been carried out than the moral behind the murders (I dont see anything at all). Though I could glean what the movie was trying to deliver, I could not feel it right away from the movie per se.

The story is (this movie doesnt impress me much so I dont see the worth narrating the story myself) Horsemen (2009) - Synopsis

Not a bad movie after all!

Cheers!

Thanks for keeping company :)

Hi,

This movie was with me for a long time, but decided to watch after seeing your post. I was always under the impression that people out there are not capable of making worst movies, after all, up until I watched this movie.

I have seen Malena and became a fan of Belluci. Though the movie would make you feel like more emphasis is given to somethin' else, but at the end you will feel that every scene that was shot really needed for that movie.

I have not experienced anything like that in this movie other than some compilations of "you-name-whatever-you-want-filthy-stuff."

I will be watching the other titles as well and hope to join you in full spirits.

Cheers!

CORE ............this movie sucked to the core ... lame acting lame concept lame execution and if there is any thing left that too was lame ....... yea lame Special Effects....:D

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back