Moving on to Sony Native 4K Projector from True 4K BenQ

Some dark scenes from Peaky Blenders, kind of a torture test for Projectors to show up detailing and still retain the beauty of scenes.
Looks great. I think the current screen size between 70-90 inch ?. How does it look with 120" and more.
Thanks

Big day!
I received my Sony VW 290ES Projector after waiting a couple of days and testing my patience :)
Couldn't wait any longer and installed it in an hour of receiving it.

I upgraded to Sony 290ES (Native 4K) from the Benq W1700 (True 4K using Pixel shifting technology).
To keep this post brief, all I can say is you have to see it to believe the huge leap in picture quality, contrast, brightness (though both are same lumen rated), crispiness in fast scene. Its actually mind blowing. My kids could make out the upgrade in viewing experience immediately.

So far I have kept out of box setting and its unbelievable how even HD content from Netflix on this Sony looks FAR better than watching 4K on BenQ.

Had been reading about marginal difference between True 4K and Native 4K past few weeks but for me its a difference by great margins.

Little about the upgrade journey,
I decided to upgrade the Projector a couple of weeks back and JVC, Sony came highly recommended. Upon more research I realised that I might be happier with entry level Models for now. Doing recent visit to Delhi, I had 2 hours for demo/audition and I called up AVshack (Pratham) and he promptly invited to see the Demo of Sony 290ES. He quickly set it up and during candid 10 minutes chat I could figure out that I actually need entry level Model only.

Played some go to scenes to test brightness, contrast, black levels .. I was clean bold in 30 minutes. All demo dome using streaming content from Netflix.
He extended a very good deal and also offered help in selling my BenQ W1700 (which I am still considering wether to retain or sell). We shook hands on deal and I made advance payment next day. He shipped promptly and in 3 days I got it in my hands. Meantime he patiently answered all my WhatsApp messages to clear the doubts.

Installation was very convenient, thanks to motorised lens control.

I shall post more detailed review and pictures in next posts, thank to this forum and the kind members who have been always helpful with their expertise.
same pinch bro. even i had similar experience when changed from epson9400 to sony 290.

Big day!
I received my Sony VW 290ES Projector after waiting a couple of days and testing my patience :)

I upgraded to Sony 290ES (Native 4K) from the Benq W1700 (True 4K using Pixel shifting technology).
To keep this post brief, all I can say is you have to see it to believe the huge leap in picture quality, contrast, brightness (though both are same lumen rated), crispiness in fast scene. Its actually mind blowing. My kids could make out the upgrade in viewing experience immediately.

So far I have kept out of box setting and its unbelievable how even HD content from Netflix on this Sony looks FAR better than watching 4K on BenQ.

Had been reading about marginal difference between True 4K and Native 4K past few weeks but for me its a difference by great margins.

I decided to upgrade the Projector a couple of weeks back and JVC, Sony came highly recommended. Upon more research I realised that I might be happier with entry level Models for now. Doing recent visit to Delhi, I had 2 hours for demo/audition and I called up AVshack (Pratham) and he promptly invited to see the Demo of Sony 290ES. He quickly set it up and during candid 10 minutes chat I could figure out that I actually need entry level Model only.

Played some go to scenes to test brightness, contrast, black levels .. I was clean bold in 30 minutes. All demo dome using streaming content from Netflix.
He extended a very good deal and also offered help in selling my BenQ W1700 (which I am still considering wether to retain or sell). We shook hands on deal and I made advance payment next day. He shipped promptly and in 3 days I got it in my hands. Meantime he patiently answered all my WhatsApp messages to clear the doubts.

I shall post more detailed review and pictures in next posts, thank to this forum and the kind members who have been always helpful with their expertise.
Please share pricing and dealer info. Looking for a native 4K projector.

Big day!

Could you please comment on fan noise between Sony and BenQ?

@ankitbhargava Bro, from where did you get the Emotiva Amps ?
Hi Ankit,

Hope you are enjoying with projector.

Kindly PM me price and contact details for the projector you purchased and your view and advise on the below projectors

If any one using below projector please let me know you review,this is going to be my 1st projector and may be last considering the prices.

If you have price and contacts please share

JVC LXUH1 ,Optoma UHZ65LH and Epson EHTW_9400 projector and Elite 4D 80 120” screen

Regards
SK

Wow, that's great news! Congrats on the upgrade and thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds like you made a great decision and are already enjoying the amazing picture quality. Here's to many more happy viewing experiences!

Hi, I purchased from a dealer in Vijaywada. He is reliable. Please DM if you need his contact.
Hey, can you please send me the contact details of the projector dealer in Vijayawada? I want a similar setup like yours, but only the projector and fixed screen setup. And please share the price of your projector. Thanks a lot!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back