Moving to Bangalore for next 6 months. Pointer to good residence near East Bangalore

Hari Iyer

I will move to Bangalore for next six months shortly on an office assignment. Looking for good residence location near East Bangalore. Will have to go to Haskote industrial area for office work. Any pointers will be considered and will be helpful. Bangalore FMs please pitch in with your suggestions.

Re: Moving to Bangalore for next 6 months. Pointer to good residence near East Banga

Hoskote is outside the urban zone. Your best bet, in terms of commute, is probably the Varthur Road area in Whitefield. That will avoid most of the traffic bottlenecks to Hoskote, while still staying in an urban, residential zone with a reasonable number of restaurants and bars. But Whitefield can be congested and dusty. Kasturinagar is a little longer commute but it can be a quieter, residential area if that's what you prefer, but less restaurants/bars. If nightlife or live music is important, Indiranagar is buzzing with activity and has some lovely places to stay but it will increase your commute further. It really depends on what's important for you, I suppose. Hope this helps.

Re: Moving to Bangalore for next 6 months. Pointer to good residence near East Banga

Hari
You haven't indicated if you have conveyance to and from work. Hoskote Indl area is beyond Hoskote town. Also there more than indl area. The one located on there highway is easier to access. From Indiranagar it's about roughly an hour each way. You could look at KR Puram also. If pick up is not an issue then Ramamurthynagar Whitefield Marathahalli and other places are also possibilities

Thanks for your suggestions. Will also check on google maps and other sources before finalizing. Will keep the above inputs in mind. I will require some decent restaurants for dining as i am not shifting my family as its a very short term deputation. Also will prefer an appartment rather than a hotel as 6 months is not less either. My office is in the whitefield region but i do not have to visit that often other than admin activity.

I think you are better off looking at Hoskote or at Budhikere cross on Old Madras road where a lot of apartments are coming up. Varthur and Whitefield wont do as you will have to cut across a lot of traffic.

Being on Old Madras road, you will get good access to the city and the access to Hoskote is quite good (if you have your own transport).

While on the subject, can anyone offer any suggestions on where a bachelor should stay if his office is in Kadubeesanahalli. Nearby facilities for dining and amenities would be appreciated.

Kadubeesanahalli is on Outer Ring Road. One of the worst stretches of traffic in Bangalore.
Rentals very near this area are high due to demand. There are many PG accommodations around this stretch though.
Whitefield area, Sarjapur Rd, Haralur road, HSR layout are typically the areas that are relatively close to this region.
Even then one is looking at a 30 min commute during peak traffic.

Cheers,
Raghu

While on the subject, can anyone offer any suggestions on where a bachelor should stay if his office is in Kadubeesanahalli. Nearby facilities for dining and amenities would be appreciated.

I stay fairly close by at Marthahalli Junction. If you stay close by, then it will be paradise as you can walk to office and you will find everything from multiplexes to dining places close by. But as another FM said, if you stay far it can be a nightmare to reach.

There are PG accomodations which are available with very low amenities to really good apartment complexes which can go upto 25-35k for a 2 bhk on rent. So all would depend on your budget and expectations.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back