Moving to Goregaon East

ankurjbl

Hi Mumbai FMs, This Forum has given many things. I need help in non AV now.
I am moving to Goregaon East by mid Oct.Is there a way to get a decent 2BHK on rent without brokers. I heard that brokers charge every 11 months in Mumbai even if there is no change.
My budget is 35 k per month. My office will be near Inorbit mall. It will be help if some one can give names of near by decent societies for less travel .

Your office would be in mindspace

If budget at Malad West and goregaon east where you intend to stay is almost same, would suggest you stay at Malad West
So many residential complexes in that area
Should get one

Yes the broker's will do all in their power to make you coax out money every time the contract is up for renewal

You have to be head strong and refuse you won't pay a penny

Now the contract reenewal process gas also become very easy

Don't think brokerage on renewal is charged in Mumbai. At least i am not paying it.
Though there are portals for searching for tenants / lessor like Magicbricks, 99acres etc, but here also brokers have smartly put in their details so that if you are searching for a lessor or a lessee the search always throws up brokers. After putting an ad to let out my flat in Mumbai i got 100 calls from various brokers but only 1 call from a genuine tenant.

Every relative or friend who have rented a flat in Mumbai are always harassed by borker who made the deal to pay brokerage once contract is up for renewal
My only advice is that you have to be very firm that say you will not pay before making the deal and same when he approaches you later

Malad West or Goregaon West can save you lots of commute. The road linking east to west Goregaon can be brutal. However, avoid a residence close to the creek that lines Bangur Nagar, InOrbit, Mindspace, Infiniti, Evershine Nagar. Hydrogen sulphide gas present in the creek is known to eat up the copper in circuit boards, leading to premature failures of all kinds of electronics. I'm told companies housed in Mindspace have a tough time finding AMC partners for IT equipments for this reason. Two former colleagues' TVs also conked off early (one lived near Bangur Nagar and another close to Goregaon Sports Club). Mine still works (all 3 got roughly at same time, exactly same model). Also, whichever area you choose make sure it's a non flood affected area.

Absolutely true about what jls001 said
I have my office near to that area
Big issue particularly in mind space as it's actually made on a dumping ground and surrounding areas also do get affected

Goregaon East to west is brutal especially for office commute. Also make sure you have decent municipal water supply in Malad area ( right next to Goregaon.). I have a friend in a posh locality high rise who said they get tanker water. I checked and it was reddish brown. These things are important as it affects our health /daily routine life on everyday basis.

Thanks for all the inputs. I realized that i have to move to west not east. How much time it takes to reach goregaon west from malad west? if it is 20-30 minuts, it should be okay.

Some choices in terms of specific locality:

1. Sunder Nagar/Mahesh Nagar (Malad West) - Right on S.V. Road, you can walk to mind space in about 20 mins.

2. Chincoli Road (Little further up north of Sunder Nagar) - Again on S.V. Road and 30 mins walking for Mindspace

3. Gokuldham/Yashodham/Dindoshi/Suchidham (Goregaon East) - They are in same cluster in Goregaon close to Oberoi Mall/WEH. Travel time to Mindspace by auto can be around 30-50 mins (~70-90 Rs. one way) depending on the traffic. There is a bridge construction going on and could take a while to be commissioned so traffic is relatively high. There is a direct bus service too every 40 mins.

All three of them are decent residential areas with reasonable health, entertainment and education choices.

I use to travel to mindspace between 2007 and 2012 and the travel from Thane to Goregaon west was a nightmare even 11 years ago. Now it would be from bad to worse. i would rather sit at home and sell speakers rather than working in that location :). Without an air filter its dangerous to even breath air in that location. Companies in mindspace have air filters installed. But you will not have that comfort at home. Hence decide twice if you would like to live near mindspace.

Some choices in terms of specific locality:

1. Sunder Nagar/Mahesh Nagar (Malad West) - Right on S.V. Road, you can walk to mind space in about 20 mins.

2. Chincoli Road (Little further up north of Sunder Nagar) - Again on S.V. Road and 30 mins walking for Mindspace

3. Gokuldham/Yashodham/Dindoshi/Suchidham (Goregaon East) - They are in same cluster in Goregaon close to Oberoi Mall/WEH. Travel time to Mindspace by auto can be around 30-50 mins (~70-90 Rs. one way) depending on the traffic. There is a bridge construction going on and could take a while to be commissioned so traffic is relatively high. There is a direct bus service too every 40 mins.

All three of them are decent residential areas with reasonable health, entertainment and education choices.

Goregaon / Malad West would be better; MG Road in Goregaon is also a nice option to explore.

I was a resident of Gokuldham, Goregaon East till March 2018. Very good residential locality with all possible amenities that you can think of, but a bit on the costlier side. 1000 sq ft 2 BHK will not be less than 40k. Quick access to WEH and the soon to be completed Metro corridor.

East West travel was quite brutal as everyone says but is expected to significantly ease out with the commissioning of the SV Road flyover and widening of the east-west road. Both projects will be completed any day now, if not already completed.

Malad west flats near Inorbit / Mindspace dont smell of roses. You need to experience it to understand. Could be a deal breaker for some.

Malad west flats near Inorbit / Mindspace dont smell of roses. You need to experience it to understand. Could be a deal breaker for some.

Totally agree about the unholy stink in that whole stretch:p

Mumbai creeks are so polluted. Plus one must not forget that the whole area behind InOrbit was once the municipal dumping ground for the western suburbs.

Incidentally I used to be a resident of Gokuldham for 4 years about 13 years ago.

All 3 options are good. However, if you choose option 3 then the cost advantage should be worth the time spent in traffic. There is a bridge construction on the east to west path and the Metro construction outside inorbit (Link Road)

Every relative or friend who have rented a flat in Mumbai are always harassed by borker who made the deal to pay brokerage once contract is up for renewal
My only advice is that you have to be very firm that say you will not pay before making the deal and same when he approaches you later
Brokers charging for renewal?:eek:. In Bangalore brokerage charge is one time payment of one months rent(also negotiable)

Brokers charging for renewal?:eek:. In Bangalore brokerage charge is one time payment of one months rent(also negotiable)

Here also it's same
Plus asking for one month to half month rent because contract is renewed
And they actually behave like goons and try to act as if it's madatory by law :)
It's a ploy.
The soft hearted will pay or best is beg for negotiation and they will feel they got a super deal by paying half rent
It's just a way to take advantage because all have that insecuritiy of staying in a rented house and they feel the broker will get another person who will pay more
Sad but that's how the world works everywhere
Might is right and take advantage of people with might , force or someone being soft

Have to put your foot down, and say you will not pay a penny and you are welcome bto show the owner new clients

My cousin had same issue when contract was for renewal. All the three broker's involved internally in deal came to pressurise my cousin
Lcukily the owner also told later to the broker's that's it's his decision whom it keep and whom not to and they should be Happy with their one time brokerage
They did not come later ever

Dont worry chaps Ankur must be well trained in Pune ...hee hee... no offence to Punekars. Just kidding. :)
I suppose commuting is problem everywhere. Same goes to deals with Estate agents. They try to squeeze as much money as possible. Best to be straight forward and clear before the deal. As for traffic you can always sing away your blues while commuting. Welcome to the neighbourhood (Mumbai) Ankur.:)
Regards

Dont worry chaps Ankur must be well trained in Pune ...hee hee... no offence to Punekars. Just kidding. :)
I suppose commuting is problem everywhere. Same goes to deals with Estate agents. They try to squeeze as much money as possible. Best to be straight forward and clear before the deal. As for traffic you can always sing away your blues while commuting. Welcome to the neighbourhood (Mumbai) Ankur.:)
Regards
Commuting in Bangalore has become a nightmare. In peak hours it takes an hour to travel 9-10 kms and thats by bike. For 4 wheelers feel free to add another 30-45 minutes

Here also it's same
Plus asking for one month to half month rent because contract is renewed
And they actually behave like goons and try to act as if it's madatory by law :)
It's a ploy.
The soft hearted will pay or best is beg for negotiation and they will feel they got a super deal by paying half rent
It's just a way to take advantage because all have that insecuritiy of staying in a rented house and they feel the broker will get another person who will pay more
Sad but that's how the world works everywhere
Might is right and take advantage of people with might , force or someone being soft

Have to put your foot down, and say you will not pay a penny and you are welcome bto show the owner new clients

My cousin had same issue when contract was for renewal. All the three broker's involved internally in deal came to pressurise my cousin
Lcukily the owner also told later to the broker's that's it's his decision whom it keep and whom not to and they should be Happy with their one time brokerage
They did not come later ever
Bunch of hoodlums

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back