MS 906 Vs Wharfedale 9.5 Vs Mission M34i

trapdoor

Dear all,

Nice to see this very informative forum on home theater and good sound.

Am considering a setup ( budget approx 1 lac ) of the following :-

a. AVR - Denon 1909 / 1910 or Harman Kardon AVR 255 or Marantz 5003 / 6003. My music sessions would be about 5 hours a week + 1 movie ( action type ). Tastes in music vary from Coldplay to CCR to Direstraits to Indipop to ghazals.. ( tuff ?? :lol: )

b. Fronts - considering Jamo C405 Vs JBL ES80 Vs MS 906 Vs Wharfedale 905. I have heard the M34i from Mission is good too and is being offered at very low prices as the company is not doing too well.

:licklips:

Should i consider standmount speakers also ?

c. Sub woofers - Please suggest. JBL ok ? Taken a demo at JBL in Mumbai

d. Surrounds would be to match the fronts and Center

My hall size is 18 ft by 20ft approx. Therefore i was wondering if rear ported speakers can be kept close to the wall or 1 ft distance to be kept from the wall. It would eat up lot of place though..:mad:

Request members to kindly suggest and shorten the options. sometimes its too confusing..

love to hear your views.. or options..

best..
Trapdoor.

WHFBR5reviewApril07.jpg

Hey Unleash_me,

The BR5 is quoted at 45K in Mumbai and the KEF IQ5 also in the same range. My budget is about 100K only :sad:

What would be a decent floor stander in a approx 30K budget ?

best..
trapdoor

Well in that case you can try the Wharfedale 9.5 package or Jamo S606 package. Both should come well within your budget.

The diamond 9.X series is a tried and tested series with a huge and loyal fanclub. I'm not familiar with the latest diamond 10.X range. But if you are someone who is looking at the absolute latest, check them out. Going by the reviews, its worth a try.

Other options would be the MS Avant and Q Acoustics.

Happy auditioning.

Hey Unleash_me,

The BR5 is quoted at 45K in Mumbai and the KEF IQ5 also in the same range. My budget is about 100K only :sad:

What would be a decent floor stander in a approx 30K budget ?

best..
trapdoor

Trapdoor,

IQ5 was sold for around 24k last Feb(2009 Feb) in Blr at that time the selling price was around 33k. So surely you can get IQ5 at a much better rate than what was quoted unless its the new IQ5 se or IQ5 s

I think the Qacoustics 1030 i also comes under your budget and another forum favourite Mission M35i and M34i all comes under your budget many forum members use the missions.

Tannoy F4 custom is a really good FS for under 30k I liked it better than the Kefs.

Rem,

I am leaning towards the Harman kardon AVR 255 being offered at cheaper to me.. would the wharfies or Missions be a good match ?

trapdoor

My pick would be the Denon or Marantz.

Denon being a better alrounder and Marantz having an edge for music.

Cheers.

The Marantz with the Jamo C405 would be my pick based on your post above. They are an excellent combination for music and movies alike. And with the Jamo floorstander you may not initially need a subwoofer for music.

Hi Trapdoor,
My suggestion to you would be to go for a better floorstander and AVR/amp now. Later, say in 6months or a year whenever your budget allows, you can complete the ht setup with the rest of the speakers.
This is how my opinion has also evolved over the last 5 months.
In your budget, I would suggest:
Speakers: MA RS6(or wait for RX6), Mezzo6, Quad 22L2, Dali Ikon6
AVRs: Denon 1910, Yamaha 663, Marantz 5003

The Marantz with the Jamo C405 would be my pick based on your post above. They are an excellent combination for music and movies alike. And with the Jamo floorstander you may not initially need a subwoofer for music.

+1 to that,the S606 aren't realy suited for music a of bit boomy bass from the side firing 8inch,the C405 gives a tighter bass,it also has more detail which is absent in S606.

I am more of a Cable guy and love to listen to Indian Classical or Illayaraja Hits ..

Now i have decided on my Amp to be Denon 1910 and i am not clear if i should take the JBL ES80 or KEF IQ50 as my floor standers. My Budget is actually 50 K for the Floorstanders.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers

- G

Now i have decided on my Amp to be Denon 1910 and i am not clear if i should take the JBL ES80 or KEF IQ50 as my floor standers. My Budget is actually 50 K for the Floorstanders.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

How is this relevant to the thread comparing three speakers that you are apparently not interested in? Open a new thread and I am sure you will get appropraite response.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back