MS Alumni, Genie or Q-acoustics?

Girish K

Hi all,

I've heard the Alumni and Genie - liked them both. All equal, I'd go with Alumni because of its more elegant looks.

Yet to get a first hand experience of Q-acoustics. From what I've read on the net, it seems like the Q-acoustics seems to better pick. Planning to listen in sometime this weekend or next week.

I'll be carrying the regular set of CDs that include Eagles, Dire Straits, DT, LS/Shakti and some Jazz additions.

Would appreciate inputs on anything that I should specifically look out for.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi

Just a small piece of general advice. Some dealers try to palm off damaged / demo speakers to unsuspecting buyers. Just doubly check every aspect, the physical condition, the sound etc.

All the best for your speaker purchase.

Rajesh

I bought Q-Acoustics 2000 series left right and centre alone. I am very impressed with the sound stage and very happy. I did listen to CA Sirocco package and MS - Aviano, Mezzo. MS was also very good but was exceeding my budget. Hence, settled with QA.

Girish,
Instead of carrying the Artists you've mentioned, which am sure even the dealere will be having, carry some hard rock / metal music by artists such as Skid Row/Alterbridge/Guns 'n Roses/Iron Maiden/Megadeth/Slayer..... This will give you a better idea of the speakers ;)

Denom, you little devil... :) Do I see vested interests at work? He he...

P.s Come to Bangalore this month end with all those hard rock cds of yours!

Girish, Why dont you check out a Paradigm bookshelf based package?

Hey,

Megadeth/Slayer may not go so well, at the time of decision making - if you know what I mean :)

Need those CD's I mentioned as SAF is a also 1 of the params when making the final call :). So known music/artists help :)

Girish,
Instead of carrying the Artists you've mentioned, which am sure even the dealere will be having, carry some hard rock / metal music by artists such as Skid Row/Alterbridge/Guns 'n Roses/Iron Maiden/Megadeth/Slayer..... This will give you a better idea of the speakers ;)

Who's the dealer from Paradigm in Bangalore? Please provide link. Thanks.

Denom, you little devil... :) Do I see vested interests at work? He he...

P.s Come to Bangalore this month end with all those hard rock cds of yours!

Girish, Why dont you check out a Paradigm bookshelf based package?

Thanks for that note and much appreciated! :).

I usually take someone along with me when I go to purchase any electronic stuff - believe in the theory that 4 eyes better than 2 ! :) It has helped more often than not !

Hi

Just a small piece of general advice. Some dealers try to palm off damaged / demo speakers to unsuspecting buyers. Just doubly check every aspect, the physical condition, the sound etc.

All the best for your speaker purchase.

Rajesh

Hey Girish,

Which one did you buy eventually and how has been your experience with your new speaker system ?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back