MTM/ 2.5 way budget build

vijaycool

Hi,
I am planning to build a budget MTM/2.5 way speaker. Later I will add front and surround. Not sure of availability quality driver's in Ritchie street with specifications. Also I cannot import drivers due to high cost of shipping and possible customs being a budget build. Back to square looking for quality India made drivers, I came across Iwai speakers in this forum. Based on the datasheet provided, I have chosen few drivers for 2.5/MTM build. Please provide your valuable suggestions. I am good at DIY but less knowledge on electronics.

(ported design)
Iwai Electronics Pvt. Ltd.

(high sensitivity, smooth roll off, low crossover point)

(high sensitivity, smooth rolloff)

(may be lipsy/soft treble)

Regards,
Vijay

Can somebody help me in choosing Drivers?
Yesterday I opened Mitsun 5.1 MM speaker which has dolby and dts decoder built inside. It has a cheap TDA7265 as power amp module. I think it has specs of 10W rms @ 10% THD way unusable. So I am planning to use the display, Remote, Decoder board, Preamp from the system and use it with Tripath 8 channel 2050 chip. Please chip in your comments.

Regards,
Vijay

You can get Peerless India drivers from Varsha Electronics, Mumbai. Mayank Doshi - 9821026522. He will send you a mail with all the available drivers' photos and specifications.

Thankyou so much. I will call him and get the info. Is there any way to contact Iwai guys for the pricesheet.

Regards,
Vijay

Back