MTNL updated the unlimited plans

akshaye

Hi Guys,

while surfing I just came to know that mtnl has updated the unlimited plan. Mine was 512kbps. And now updated with 1mbps, I checked that on register.mtnl.net.in under view service page that it got updated to DSL_UNLTD_999. But I it still shows 0.426Mbps (436.28Kbps) when I tested on speedtest. Does anybody notice the their plans got updated?

Hi Guys,

while surfing I just came to know that mtnl has updated the unlimited plan. Mine was 512kbps. And now updated with 1mbps, I checked that on register.mtnl.net.in under view service page that it got updated to DSL_UNLTD_999. But I it still shows 0.426Mbps (436.28Kbps) when I tested on speedtest. Does anybody notice the their plans got updated?

Me too
Now 100 KBPS+ downloads is reality!!!

MTNL Rules!!!!

I want my MTNL ........MTNL kicks A***.......................

Hi Guys,

how much are you paying for 1mbps?

^^^^

Hi Guys,

The plan name hints Rs.999

well my plan is still the same..:sad:
it is TriB_Unlimited_512Kbps as visible on register.bol.net.in and i am not able to login to register.mtnl.net.in to confirm..

damn! I am stuck with airtel. No MTNL in noida. Any feedback on how good/ bad/ ugly is bsnl in noida - so that I can switch from airtel to bsnl?
I am hopeful that same plans would be adopted by bsnl as well.

Hi,

Well MTNL and BSNL are two different entities although govt but still their working is way way different,for one the MTNL has some sane scheme's and decent service but the big brother BSNL is still a typical govt mentality company !!

BSNL believes that what they are doing by providing a broadband connection is a favor to the nation and they are to be worshiped for the same :mad: !!

Anyways coming to the point,the plans from MTNL and BSNL are not the same and will not be same (untill the proposed merger of the two happens) !! So all BSNL's guys are still at the mercy of the big brother to get their act straightened !!

I've been using BSNL BB from the time it was launched and switched to unlimited from the day it was announced, Am in 256k plan and I've not noticed any changes in the speed !

Its interesting though,Although to counter Airtel's scheme (By far THE BEST BB Operator ) they goofed up severely !! 1Mbps from BSNL costs 1500/- and says UNLIMITED,but the catch is 25Gb limit !! Now common with that kinda speed how hard is to exhaust 25Gb ??

Whats even more weird and annoying is,Their 24Mbps plan !! at 9K they offer 24Mbps plan but again with 100Gb limit ! 100Gb with 24Mbps ? Give me a Break :lol:,Joke of the century !!

Its really shameful to even talk bout these lousy speeds when in the west people are talking bout speeds in excess of 30Mbps :eek:!!

Regards.

I have mtnl dsl-unlimited-999 - rs 999-00 p.m. - i have selected single time payment is rs 10989-00 for 12 months. At present i am getting a speed of 500 kbps as per the speedchecker of mtnl site.
Mtnl site pop up says - existing customers will be progressively shifted to new speed.

Hi,

Its interesting though,Although to counter Airtel's scheme (By far THE BEST BB Operator ) they goofed up severely !! 1Mbps from BSNL costs 1500/- and says UNLIMITED,but the catch is 25Gb limit !! Now common with that kinda speed how hard is to exhaust 25Gb ??

Whats even more weird and annoying is,Their 24Mbps plan !! at 9K they offer 24Mbps plan but again with 100Gb limit ! 100Gb with 24Mbps ? Give me a Break :lol:,Joke of the century !!

Its really shameful to even talk bout these lousy speeds when in the west people are talking bout speeds in excess of 30Mbps :eek:!!

Regards.

+1 too that. However I think High speed broadband is still considered premium and peeps seem to be happy with what they get currently (Not the people who download). I've never crossed 20GB usage myself - that's with regular browsing of 3 PC's connected and regular online gaming and some HD videos streaming on Youtube and Vimeo.

Slightly OT and this is only Chennai ites though - Came to know recently about a company called Wi5 which offers 1Mbps unlimited browsing for Rs. 500/-. Currently they are presently only in select areas like Anna Nagar. However they are going to increase their presence in next 3 months.

Link to company website anyone interested - Wi5 - Welcome to true internet freedom

MTNL is too good. Been using for almost 5 years now.

These new tariffs are excellent. They have been very dynamic last 1-2 years. Continously updating/ revising plans and staying ahead of competition. No private player can match MTNL. And mind you there is NO download limit in UNLIMTED plans.

Pros: They work 99% of the time. The deliver speeds what they promise. Very steady connection. Competitive rates.

Cons: Poor customer support. In case anything goes wrong with the service you have have to call one too many numbers and do follow ups to get it back in order. The ADSL modems they supply are sub-standard. Earlier they used provide Dlink which was better. One needs get own ADSL modem. I use Linksys AM300 for superb connectivity.

Cheers!

BSNL has cheap plans with poor service,
MTNL prices are little more,but good service.

I am not too sure about that. I have been using BSNL for the last 12 odd months. It has never got disconnected even once. If they say 256KBPS, you can set your speedometer to that. It has never gone below 256, come rain or shine.

Yes, their call centre is the pits. What I have done is befriend the local linesman and the SE in the exchange. All I have to do is call them, and they have promised they will correct it immediately. Fortunately, I have not needed to call him till today.

I am hoping they would follow suit with MTNL and provide a unlimited 1MBPS plan at around 1K. That will be perfect.

Cheers

Yes...i totally agree to the fact that MTNL rules when it comes to speed and costing. I have been using MTNL for around 8 years now. Perviously it was normal internet connection then for last 6 years i have got it converted to BB. I have normal 256kbps connection and my pc is running 24x7x356 never stops. I never faced any problems with MTNL. Only once i had an issue when i upgraded my connection to 512kbps for trial purpose as it constantly showed the speed of 256kbps for one month even after upgrading the speed to 512. Then i cancled the 512 plan and got it back to my previous plan 256 unlimited plan.

Now that they are providing 1mpbs for 999 i am thinking to upgrade it again for sure. But the bad thing with MTNL is that for wifi modem they charge 100 bucks per month fees which is too much. I am thinking to buy a new wifi modem and get the connection upgraded. Any suggestions which wifi modem shud i go for ?

Hi,

However I think High speed broadband is still considered premium and peeps seem to be happy with what they get currently (Not the people who download). I've never crossed 20GB usage myself - that's with regular browsing of 3 PC's connected and regular online gaming and some HD videos streaming on Youtube and Vimeo.

Well buddy I should say you are one lucky guy to get decent speeds with 3 PC's running !! Also the 20gig seems far too low for 3 systems:p !!

As I said I've been using BSNL BB ever since they launched it,have had my share of bad to worse experience with them,apart from their lousy brainless folks that they call customer support they don't seem to have even some knowledgeable folks in the exchange as well !!

Anyways this is not the thread to flame BSNL or anyone so will not continue else can go on for ever !!

Btw I on an average download 30+gig every month,so for me the 25gig will not even last a week :p !!

Regards.

Folks
All broadband operators in the country operate in the following way -
the service guaruntee is offered only till their RAS (remote access server) or at best (depending on the city and configuration) to their gateway. Beyond that, there is no guaruntee...what does this mean ?- very simply that there is no guaruntee of the speed you will get when you access a site that is outside their gateway network (which in all probability is at least 90+ % of the times). so while you can take a 1 Mbps or 2 or higher, its a matter of luck (from the time of the day to the phase of the moon) as to what download speeds you will get. Only business connections are exempt in that they get higher priority (or a dedicated pipeline) to their international gateway.

cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back