Multiple bad experiences with The Revolver Club, Mumbai

They not only know of a forum called HFV. They know who its run by and know many of the members here. Watching this thread keenly :)

Not sure about others, but I appreciate these kinds of posts. It provides us with information to deal carefully, if nothing else. I almost pulled the trigger on some items (around 1.5lac) from them before I read this feedback so I e-mailed them on their negative feedbacks on-line (though I didn't mention this forum), however their reply did not inspire much confidence - so I took my business else-where. I am quite sure they are aware of their feedback on-line - on this forum and elsewhere.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
I have generally had good experience wth The Revolver Club.
Have bought a few records over the years.
And one small amplifier recently.
Everything has gone well. A small hiccup once or twice but nothing to really worry about.

I believe they are a small establishment. Possibly trying too many things too quickly.
I could, of course, be quite wrong.

Reliability and Good Customer support is the backbone of any Business to flourish/sustain

As a Customer/Purchaser it is one's right to get the product in good condition in the expected time and after sale service

True, every word, except in our land where retailers get away with anything.

Hi all,

With a very heart, I am penning down this.

I ordered a Tannoy XT6F on 28 April 2021 through www.therevolverclub.com. I was told that the product is in a sealed box. The ordering experience was good but I had so much of pain dealing with the revolver club and courier partner, Bluedart. This was during Covid days.

It was supposed to ship to me in Kanyakumari from Kripa electronics, Chennai. Instead, they shipped it to the Mumbai office via air. The speaker contains magnets and Bluedart wanted some sort of acknowledgement so that they can ship it to Mumbai via air or by road. Revolver club and Kripa made little effort to acknowledge it and the package was in the courier facility for some days and was returned to the sender.

The Next attempt was made and the courier almost reached my place but the seller requested Bluedart to return it back to the sender. After a couple of days, the shipment was shipped again. And on May 15th, 2021, my shipment was delivered. It took 17 days to get the product from Chennai to Kanyakumari while normally other couriers deliver stuff in 24 hours. The owner of therevolverclub.com rarely attends or returns my call. He doesn't reply much to my WhatsApp message too.

I spent about a lac and this is what I got in return.

Then comes another bad experience.

I inspected the package. It was in bad shape with water markings and torn cardboards.
I anyway opened the package and found the speakers were in good shape. But, the manual was drenched in water.
In addition to that, I found the grills and spikes were missing. I called Jude from revolver club (he attended) and told him everything. He said that I can return the package and he will refund me ( he cannot replace it because this was the last piece available).

OR,

Or, he can arrange the spikes (either Tannoy's or Fyne audio's as both are almost similar in construction) but not the grills as it is a legacy product. I agreed with him about the spikes as the speakers were sounding fantastic and it was also beautiful that I don't want to send it back.

Mine is a carpeted floor and I need the spikes.

I kept enquiring about the spikes and he had no proper answer. Even after a year today.
Now, Jude never picks up or returns my calls. My WhatsApp messages are being ignored.
I have contacted Revolver club's logistics department. They replied to me initially but they too stopped replying to me altogether. I have no clue what to do next.
I will not purchase anything from them again.

I should have returned the product. But, Jude's words were very assuring that I will get the spikes and decided to keep the product. And now, I get no reply from them.

I couldn't fetch many chats as It was on my old phone. However, I have attached a few screenshots of chatting with Jude and his logistics dept.

If you're dealing with the revolver club, please be careful as you can be cheated.
They are not authorized to sell even NAD PSB and BLUSOUND but they still advertise on their web site so be careful

Recently ordered good floor standers from very reputed audio dealer in Bangalore. Paid money(Around 3 Lakhs) via CC and requested for good ,sealed ,clean box piece with color choice. Bill was sent after repeated reminders ,after lot of follow up, Box arrived, Awaited 1 day for installation.
The moment outer pack was opened, for So much money box was torn at various place ,taped at multiple place, it was looking like used piece. Taken photos and sent to dealer ,he told Bombay office mistake, man who sold during show room discussion said he alone is not responsible for sale, contact his junior and refused to answer immediately on the pretext of seniority.
Contacted Bombay office, they said deal with Bangalore office.
Very reputed French brand is behaving like this ,After paying huge money still as a customer we cant expect neat clean box, proper Sl no and colour match ,signature on invoice. Looks like monopoly still exists for reputed brands in India.
Finally dealer refunded my money after deducting CC charges around Rs 6500.
So be careful in dealing with this showroom.

Last edited:
Recently ordered good floor standers from very reputed audio dealer in Bangalore. Paid money(Around 3 Lakhs) via CC and requested for good ,sealed ,clean box piece with color choice. Bill was sent after repeated reminders ,after lot of follow up, Box arrived, Awaited 1 day for installation.
The moment outer pack was opened, for So much money box was torn at various place ,taped at multiple place, it was looking like used piece. Taken photos and sent to dealer ,he told Bombay office mistake, man who sold during show room discussion said he alone is not responsible for sale, contact his junior and refused to answer immediately on the pretext of seniority.
Very reputed French brand is behaving like this ,After paying huge money still as a customer we cant expect neat clean box, proper Sl no and colour match ,signature on invoice. Looks like monopoly still exists for reputed brands in India.
Thank you for the heads-up, but unless you mention the name of the dealer/showroom it'll be hard to guess who be wary of.

That’s sad. Which bangalore showroom and mumbai dealer are you referring to?

You should ideally disclose the dealer so others can avoid them for their shabby service.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back