Murfie - Great library for Retro music lovers

Yes...I read that too...its one of the successful startups from US..I am very impressed because i get lossless quality for some of the very rare old albums of artists that i listen too from there...

Great service. Looks like you all guys are clued into such services. Does anyone know of a place where I can get high rez audio files (320kbps will suffice) of IndIan songs and Ghazals for streaming or buying.

Murphie I thought only allows you to upload your own music amd then listen to it. Do they have a good collection for me to listen to that I dont own.

has anyone purchased from this site. When you try to purchase any album it gives an option which says "Store your CD at Murfie", what exactly does that mean ?

has anyone purchased from this site. When you try to purchase any album it gives an option which says "Store your CD at Murfie", what exactly does that mean ?

That means the soft copy rip of your CD will be stored in their site.
Whenever you want to listen you connect to their site and stream from there.

ok so you can not actually download it? since you have purchased it .....

I guess you cannot download, you can only have the CD shipped.
that too I am not sure if they ship to India.

Plus when you select the Ship CD option, it automatically charges you for the "Store your CD @ Murfie" rate + Shipping charge.

Minus the Lossless part , I find buying from iTunes much more flexible and cheaper.

Guys
Just to clarify the doubts of people here

Murfie does two things:

For sellers:
You can ship your CD to them they will rip it and keep it in their cloud. If you are planning to sell these collections which are stored in your cloud, you can share them with the public and quote a rate ( generally between 3-6$) .

For Buyers:
Buyers can view this entire catalogue of music (shared by the sellers) that is available for download/buying .Once somebody buys it , they can automatically download it in any format . Presently FLAC/ALAC/high bit rate
MP3's are supported.

I hope this clarifies

Regds
Bharath

I don't know Murfie will be worthwhile for Indian music, since being in India we have lot of opportunities to get them at lesser rates... IMO Murfie is good if people who love retro western music and want to listen to them in lossless quality...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back