Murthy's Cables ( tools & trades ) bangalore

Sorry, if I'm not understanding something! How can a cable make a world of difference? It's just a long piece of low resistance, metal which transports electrons! How much perceptible difference one can bring?
Quoting from my Son's favourite movie.. The Polar Express.. " Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see." ;)

Appreciate the teardown! Does the cable have 4 separate conductors out of which 2 are tinned [the ones with the white insulation?]? How were these 4 terminated at the plug end?

Keith
The reason it seems two cores are used is because the tinned copper cable is only 0.75 sq mm - it would need to be doubled up to carry a higher amount of current

The two runs are simply running parrallel and taped by electrical tape

The braid fundamental does not apply in power cables if that is what you are thinking

Two runs are simply used because thicker gauge tinned cabke is unavavibe
(I too could find the same gauge in market not thicker )

P.s since you like tear downs
Here are some tear down pics
Of another power cable

This one is from a Mr Ali in mumbai

This is a professional higher end dedicated power cable with shield
Dual shield
Aluminium foil plus copper tinned braid
Each core is 2.5mm sq
Of occ copper

The cable is from a manufacturer - jinwei based in Taiwan ( who claims to be OEM to the real biggies in the cable game)
I think the model number is there in the pic

The raw cable is inthink 14$ per metre

Considering you can get this cable from ALI for 2000 rs odd
And 2300 rs if you opt for a 6$ hubbel copper IEC
This cable seems to offer far more "Value " than any cable

Attachments

• 1610711998058_copy_800x462.jpg
    1610711998058_copy_800x462.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 1610701265139_copy_800x765_1.jpg
    1610701265139_copy_800x765_1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 1610701265094_copy_800x897_1.jpg
    1610701265094_copy_800x897_1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 1610701265116_copy_800x694_1.jpg
    1610701265116_copy_800x694_1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 122
Nice info !

But what sounds better in a particular system does not depend on the thickness or origin of the cable I suppose.

Some high end cables are without shielding too..

That's where perceptions of musicality to each person comes into play.

A teardown is just that...a teardown ..a Bill of Material..

Great info though

Same happened with me but I insisted for price and G - pay ID to pay the charges of power cable..
Please put some light on IC cable from Mr Murthy...l wish to have few..

Recently got Murthy Power cables for my AVR and Sub with 16A plugs. Difference is amazing. Cleaner vocals, instruments and sub boominess reduced.
Totally worth every penny.

Recently got Murthy Power cables for my AVR and Sub with 16A plugs. Difference is amazing. Cleaner vocals, instruments and sub boominess reduced.
Totally worth every penny.
I too have bought power cords from Mr Murthy for my IA and Sub woofer, I could get a load of perceptible change in terms of clean vocals, deep and tighter lows, and added sparkle in the treble......am clueless, but it worked

Last edited:
Guys... Please fill me here.. we audiophiles say "Measurement always matters" and bash bose or others who doesn't disclose measurement. At the same time, we swap a power cord and say it's a great change and cannot be measured. HOW?

Guys... Please fill me here.. we audiophiles say "Measurement always matters" and bash bose or others who doesn't disclose measurement. At the same time, we swap a power cord and say it's a great change and cannot be measured. HOW?

We’ve had endless debates and arguments on cables on this forum on and off since the past decade without reaching a general consensus (just search the forum using cables keyword) among audiophiles having very high end (30 lac plus ) setups to entry level setups.

So I’m afraid you are not going to get answers you are looking for.

Get the same power cords and speaker cables from Murthy and test yourself. If you feel there is no perceptible difference whatsoever you can return them - Murthy gives that flexibility to everyone. You are based in Bangalore only , you can go pick it up from his shop.

we audiophiles say "Measurement always matters" and bash bose or others who doesn't disclose measurement. At the same time, we swap a power cord and say it's a great change and cannot be measured.

How did you come to that conclusion? The manufacturers of the cable publish the specs.
Mr Murthy may or may not disclose the power cord design. How can his customers know?

Either way that does not mean it hasn't been measured.

Who has said that whatever it is you are referring to, cannot be measured? That we don't have the means to measure is a different story altogether.

How did you come to that conclusion? The manufacturers of the cable publish the specs.
Mr Murthy may or may not disclose the power cord design. How can his customers know?

Either way that does not mean it hasn't been measured.
Thanks for coming back. What parameters do we need to see when we are getting our cables? Do we need to ask our electricity board to lay the cables with the same specs from power station to home?
I’m not sarcastic, I’m trying to understand some specs...

We’ve had endless debates and arguments on cables on this forum on and off since the past decade without reaching a general consensus (just search the forum using cables keyword) among audiophiles having very high end (30 lac plus ) setups to entry level setups.

So I’m afraid you are not going to get answers you are looking for.

Get the same power cords and speaker cables from Murthy and test yourself. If you feel there is no perceptible difference whatsoever you can return them - Murthy gives that flexibility to everyone. You are based in Bangalore only , you can go pick it up from his shop.
Have we come to a conclusion? Does it make a difference or not? It’s not the point of me getting one and checking myself. You can say, I don’t want to roam around just to understand which can be explained by fellow members..

Have we come to a conclusion? Does it make a difference or not? It’s not the point of me getting one and checking myself. You can say, I don’t want to roam around just to understand which can be explained by fellow members..

Read my post carefully. I already mentioned * without reaching a general consensus *.

Cables are probably the most hotly debated topic in audiophile world. There are staunch supporters in both sides - those who deny cables make any difference and those who absolutely swear by cables making substantial difference (not necessarily the more expensive cables). There are innumerable factors here which cannot be generalised related to system matching and gear specifications that makes cables work for some people and doesn’t for others.
It’s a rabbit hole.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back