Murthy's Cables ( tools & trades ) bangalore

Call him
or
Remember he has no idea of this discussion and there is no need (IMO) to disturb him. He is 70+ I think
10-5 pm would be probably be good. He will be probably be at home as we are under lockdown.
disclaimer: I don’t get a cut from his business nor do I have any financial or other relationship with him other than as a occasional customer. I do like the man and his understated style of working.
Already spoke with him a while ago and sent my requirement.

Will see how this goes and how good the cables are (relative to their price)

I am only telling many hidden truth about wires and cables. Even if I purchase his cables and make a comparison with mine - 100% you will not believe me due to your affinity to him.

I can make an reasonable offer and if Mr. Murthy is really passionate and serious about what he does - he can ask any of his Mumbai / Thane FM customer to visit me with his stuff and 3 other neutral FMs to review the cables independently. I have nothing to loose but shall add to my further learning about wires and interconnects. Dare to take the challenge?. I have my doubts but asking to keep the equation straight without complications.
I do not doubt for a moment that you have a great product at hand - a real diamond crafted with all your hard work and RnD and worth every penny you ask for it and a lot more, but you haven't even heard his offering (atleast that is what the post above suggests) and you are ready to make such a claim, that may come across as "overconfident", "a fool's bet" or even "misguided faith".

The world of audio is full of subjectivity - but this is taking subjectivity to another level, specially from a man who claims to have a very scientific approach. Not measuring/comparing the results is not scientific. You are making assumptions - not 'very' scientific (works only in theory).

Humility does play a huge role in your business and life. I would agree if there was only 1 doctor on earth and he was rude as hell and always bragged about himself and always told everyone how much he knows - and if I had piles - I will go to him - because I have no other option. But we are in a different kind of world today and too many doctors. It is perfect competition everywhere - with legitimately good products too, so what you offer beyond your good product does matter.

I am not here to offend you I have actually read a lot of your stuff on this forum and being a novice in this field I have learned from your writings, however you approach here is not very convincing towards the legitimacy of your claim. I understand you do not want to give your secret formula away by creating a new thread - legit, I wouldn't either if I was so close to a breakthru - a magician never gives away his trick. However if I really wanted to build a business and really learn from feedback and make my offering better (which seems to be your aim here) I would perhaps write to a few legit members who have Mr. Murthy's cables, send them mine and ask them to give me feedback on build and sound quality and perhaps take it from there - buy if you like kinda situation. Your sample size right now is very small - read only you and "perhaps" a trusted few and sound being subjective your only benchmark is your ears.

But I am not you and I am not running your show and I am a nobody - so what do I know.

So there is a Kimber connect cable (1.5m) for sale (in the sale section) for 49,000/- plus shipping
I am wondering if it is better than Mr. Murthy’s cable. … Just a thought
That kimber is a fantastic cable. I would have picked it up if it were an XLR.

I don’t think Mr. Murthys cables will better it. But would love to be proved wrong!

Will see how this goes and how good the cables are (relative to their price)
This is the big challenge, with any cable, IMO.
How do we (non techies with no instruments to measure objectively) decide if a cable is good or better or worse (compared to what)? So many variables- electronics, source material quality, speakers, room, hearing ability, mood, use of mood enhancers, dogma etc.
Often these discussions soon become similar to discussions comparing different religions.

How do we (non techies with no instruments to measure objectively) decide if a cable is good or better or worse (compared to what)?
If you like it you keep it kinda situation no? ;) Isn't it all about enjoying or it has to measure well? What if I do not like a system that measures perfectly but love something that measures like c**p? Should I stick to the measurement or the feeling of my feet tapping? Should I enjoy or should I take pride in the measurements?
There is a possibility it offers no change, in that case I do not see the point of keeping it, but if it does and the change sounds 'better' to you - what is the harm if it doesn't measure well?

Just a thought.

On a different note - if you want a pair of speaker stands - he can do those very well too - Mr.Murthy. A little expensive - but heavy solid wood and great craftsmanship.

I needed a pair of stands for my QA C20s and it had to be wood and it had to kind of go with the aesthetics of the rest of the house, the QA stands were to be avoided like plague. I ended up contacting him and gave him a few pictures of the samples, we decided the color through photos (not very smart). He returned with a quote and a promise that I will not be dissatisfied - I took a leap of faith and added a couple of other things in - jumpers etc. We closed the deal I transferred the money and I waited.

I got my stuff in almost - slightly less than a month. I received 2 massive cartons, both packed in separate wooden crates and cardboard and thermocol and bubble wrap and cling wrap. Now I was excited, took them out, realised they were heavier than my Teak Wood dining chairs - each of them yes and looked absolutely fantastic. He executed the guidelines and expectations perfectly. The finishing and craftsmanship was phenomenal. The stands are really high end and I am still using the jumpers.

I know he is not a carpenter and gets it done, but an engineer isn't building everything either.

Last edited:
On a different note - if you want a pair of speaker stands - he can do those very well too - Mr.Murthy. A little expensive - but heavy solid wood and great craftsmanship.

I needed a pair of stands for my QA C20s and it had to be wood and it had to kind of go with the aesthetics of the rest of the house, the QA stands were to be avoided like plague. I ended up contacting him and gave him a few pictures of the samples, we decided the color through photos (not very smart). He returned with a quote and a promise that I will not be dissatisfied - I took a leap of faith and added a couple of other things in - jumpers etc. We closed the deal I transferred the money and I waited.

I got my stuff in almost - slightly less than a month. I received 2 massive cartons, both packed in separate wooden crates and cardboard and thermocol and bubble wrap and cling wrap. Now I was excited, took them out, realised they were heavier than my Teak Wood dining chairs - each of them yes and looked absolutely fantastic. He executed the guidelines and expectations perfectly. The finishing and craftsmanship was phenomenal. The stands are really high end and I am still using the jumpers.

I know he is not a carpenter and gets it done, but an engineer isn't building everything either.
Can you share some pics of it.

This is the big challenge, with any cable, IMO.
How do we (non techies with no instruments to measure objectively) decide if a cable is good or better or worse (compared to what)? So many variables- electronics, source material quality, speakers, room, hearing ability, mood, use of mood enhancers, dogma etc.
Often these discussions soon become similar to discussions comparing different religions.

The reality is everything may be objective. Subjective is one's own perception.

That being said…how would you measure presentation, coherence, tamber, soundstage, body & weight etc etc?

So “my opinion” of how a cable (or a component) sounds to me, in my system…within the constraints…is the only thing that “matters to me”. You are entitled to disagree with an opinion (but be civilized :p).

I would rather try (if possible), and experiment and tweak…and over the course of time realized that I should trust my ears more than anything else. I can’t measure everything and I wouldn’t. What I like may not measure well and vice versa.

So given our unique tastes and the constraints you mentioned, subjectivity matters more IMO.

Moderator Comment:

Folks, this thread is about Mr Murthy;s Cables, since he is not around to defend ,let us leave any technical issues on his products out unless it is with first hand experience in terms of impact on sound or quality issues.

Have deleted most unnecessary posts.

For me, his power cable was solidly built, but didn't bring much impact on the sound. How about his interconnects.? How does it fare? Any user experience?
I used his interconnect for a short span of time. To my ears, in my system QED Performance Audio 2 sounded better than his cable and my current DIY Canare 4E6S is sounding better than the QED.

Power Cable...hmmm... borrowed and used many high end cables from friends including Mr. Murthy's one...and always returning to stock cable for one or more reasons. Yes.. the power cables making differences but none of the cable satisfied me in long term including many of my DIY.

Last edited:
As promised the pictures.WhatsApp Image 2021-06-19 at 1.32.24 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-19 at 1.32.24 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-19 at 1.32.30 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-19 at 1.32.37 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-19 at 1.32.41 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-19 at 1.32.45 PM.jpeg

These were "inspired" by a HiFi Racks design and the inspiration was executed perfectly. For some reason everything in my pictures is a bit reddish, these aren't that red - you can even see the QA logo which is a shining silver. These are more a deep Mahogany - not as red! But you get the idea of the build. A few other things were suggested - like the isolation base so the base split in two tiers first with contact to the ground with these spikes and the little pucks and second one sitting on something that absorbs vibrations (I am not sure anymore but I believe it was ball bearings or something similar). However that was becoming almost 75% more than the cost of these, so I decided to skip it. These cost me 16K with shipping if I am not wrong, could be a few 100s up or down.

These were "inspired" by a HiFi Racks design and the inspiration was executed perfectly. For some reason everything in my pictures is a bit reddish, these aren't that red - you can even see the QA logo which is a shining silver. These are more a deep Mahogany - not as red! But you get the idea of the build. A few other things were suggested - like the isolation base so the base split in two tiers first with contact to the ground with these spikes and the little pucks and second one sitting on something that absorbs vibrations (I am not sure anymore but I believe it was ball bearings or something similar). However that was becoming almost 75% more than the cost of these, so I decided to skip it. These cost me 16K with shipping if I am not wrong, could be a few 100s up or down.
These stand looks wonderful. Which wood was used by the way? And how much is the weight, it looks quite stable.

Looks very Beautiful and very srong.

These stand looks wonderful. Which wood was used by the way? And how much is the weight, it looks quite stable.
Alright - I am not sure which wood or what the weight is :) I do not have a weighing machine - but they are quite heavy. My only reference is some old furniture we have. Teak wood, very heavy stuff and these are in the same league as the smaller chairs.

From a strength point of view yes - these are strong. From a stability point of view - yes they are very stable, the spikes at the bottom are adjustable too, so that helps as well.

Alright - I am not sure which wood or what the weight is :) I do not have a weighing machine - but they are quite heavy. My only reference is some old furniture we have. Teak wood, very heavy stuff and these are in the same league as the smaller chairs.

From a strength point of view yes - these are strong. From a stability point of view - yes they are very stable, the spikes at the bottom are adjustable too, so that helps as well.
These looks realy solid and beautiful. I love the finish of the stands. Also, the spikes at bottom enhances the aesthetics as well. Congratulations for ur purchase. These are totally worth it.

These looks realy solid and beautiful. I love the finish of the stands. Also, the spikes at bottom enhances the aesthetics as well. Congratulations for ur purchase. These are totally worth it.
Thank you! For the price - specially what is marketed as Hi-Fi specific, these are a steal, the same stands in the "original" was close to 65K if I am not wrong. I do not doubt that the originals must have some next level engineering involved but I can't fault these which are slightly less than 1/4th the cost. The original stands that come with C20s are double the cost. Not sure how much of an impact will they make, but what I needed I got.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back