Music CDs of Indian (Rock) Bands

shanindia

I am looking for the CDs of Indian bands like Agni, Indus Creed, Indian Ocean etc. Any particular site where I can get these albums at one place?

Many bands have the songs for download at their site, but not all do. Some of these bands are quite good with some great albums.

Shantanu

Thanks for the responses, its helpful. Agree that directly approaching the bands should be the best approach.

The RSJ site is nice to know about Indian bands' latest works. Another good source of reviews is Rolling Stone India; it has quite good coverage of Indian rock scene.

I got few cassettes of Indian rock bands from RSJ during the mid-90's....those GIR I, II etc... But somehow I lost/ damaged all of them. But lucky got few sites from where I was able to download them... but frankly speaking I am unable to find any source in order to buy them in CD version.

Can I make a suggestion?

I think the challenge is *knowing* which Indian bands exist, and some subjective opinions from people who have heard them. Once we know which bands to focus on, it is much easier to use Facebook and Google etc. to get more info such as their discography, where/how to buy their albums etc.

Can we start an effort to compile such a list, please?

Apologies for taking this thread a bit off-topic, but I think it sticks to the original intent of the thread.

Thanks,
Arun

I am very interested in this thread. I have some Indian albums that I can share.

My favourite Indian artists are Zero, Menwhopause, (ex)Motherjane, Parvaaz etc.

@shanindia - I have the albums you are looking for.

Anyone else have Indian albums they are willing to share? Stuff that are not available on online stores?

There are quite a few Indie Bands featured on kappa.tv. Most of them are Kerala/Malayalee based bands (the website is, too). Check out Kaav and Thaikoodam Bridge. They're pretty good.

I am very interested in this thread. I have some Indian albums that I can share.

My favourite Indian artists are Zero, Menwhopause, (ex)Motherjane, Parvaaz etc.

@shanindia - I have the albums you are looking for.

Anyone else have Indian albums they are willing to share? Stuff that are not available on online stores?

You have ACD or mp3?

Just bought today and still enjoying the album Evolve by Indus Creed. Bought the cd from flipkart.

I ordered three albums from Flipkart yesterday:
Evolve - Indus Creed
The Silent Sea - Advaita
The Very Best of Indian Ocean - Indian Ocean

Evolved is well produced, from what I could judge listening on Youtube :)

Saw the Advaita album on Flipkart alongside the Indus Creed one. Checked it out on Youtube and promptly ordered it as well. :cool: They got very nice sound.

I got couple of albums of Agnee (mp3, downloaded from their website). Might go for the CD soon. :thumbsup:

The Indian version of MTV Unplugged sessions also sound good, might get them soon. :licklips:

Can I make a suggestion?

I think the challenge is *knowing* which Indian bands exist, and some subjective opinions from people who have heard them. Once we know which bands to focus on, it is much easier to use Facebook and Google etc. to get more info such as their discography, where/how to buy their albums etc.

Can we start an effort to compile such a list, please?

Apologies for taking this thread a bit off-topic, but I think it sticks to the original intent of the thread.

Thanks,
Arun

Great idea. I have compiled a list of bands in the spreadsheet below. This is not exhaustive list; rather these are the bands I heard and liked. Feel free to add to the list.

This would help discover new bands which others have already listened to and liked. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjH53918pyNIdEVhVDJ0Tk9XWTBBWVJlazQyUkpLQUE&usp=sharing

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back