Music den of a Pancham da and Kishore Kumar fanatic

Souravin,

Great to see you finally put up your long promised post! Fantastic listening space ...
Looking forward to more contributions from you on here!

Regards

Such a wonderful mix of audio equipments, rooms aesthetics, lightings and to top it all RD/Kishore melodies playing ... what else could one ask for in order to attain audio nirvana !!! Excellent setup :)

Souravin,

As usual...all your passion & hard work shows in the results..Wish you many many happy hours in this personal set up...This will be a sure shot stoppage for me next time I am in Kolkata... :)

Stories for a reason are called as stories. The aradhna story is one such. Music is not just about music director only. Listen to this from someome who had first hand experience with both.

I am not taking anything away from stalwarts like S.D. Burman. The story was linked for Father's compliment to his son. The Author has also published book on S.D.Burman.
Interesting tip for Audiophiles at around 8:00 in the video. :)
Regards

In this case, it’s like comparing the other Sachin-Rahul duo, 25 years later in a different field. Although I’d say they mapped with the former pair opposite to their namesakes. Classic Sachin and brilliant Rahul gave way to Classic Rahul and brilliant Sachin. ;)
I like Dravid. Sachin too. But only some of his innings and beginning part of his career. I remember a South Africa One day Match we were chasing some hugh total and SA crowd was so confident and making so much noise and sachin came to bat and in first few overs showed his brilliance. The crowd was spooked and went totally silent. Though we lost the match. But Sachin was fantastic. One of those matches where winning doesn't matter.
Regards

Last edited:
Dear All,

Am starting a thread on bollywood oldies at Music section with trivia, anecdotes, vinyl, Audio CD cover and many other stuff. Please join over there. I have collected most of the released audio media of R.D. Burman. Shall add the specialty of those also. The thread is open to post any music related to bollywood oldies till late 80s

Sorry for offtopic sourvain. Also is that your kid in the picture and is he fan of Kishoreda ? I would be glad if he is. Nice to see future generation like old music :)
Regards

He is my son Soham and likes Kishore da and Pancham da. This liking is not forced and I'm sure the legacy will be carried forward by him.

Sourav

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi souravin :)

That is one absolutely lovely room and setup you have there. Stonkingly beautiful. And your wife and son contributing to the same is the icing on the cake. My folks are just waiting to kill me :D

Anyways lovely room and setup. Pleas enjoy your music. Kishore Kumar and mohd rafi are my all time favourites :)

Dear friends,

Added another beauty to my audio chain. B&W DM 602S2. A complete different sound signature compared to my earlier EPOS BS. Unable to comment whether this is an improvement, but it's definitely a change. With bigger aesthetics and powered by DD Power amp 120W build by Sachin and Aniket, it's easily being driven. Am just awaiting to give more critical listen and get back. Lata Mangeshkar's high pitch is sounding very smooth. Am loving it

IMG_20200831_212147-01.jpg

IMG_20200831_212319-01.jpg

IMG_20200831_212234-01.jpg

IMG_20200831_212115-01.jpg

Dear friends,

Added another beauty to my audio chain. B&W DM 602S2. A complete different sound signature compared to my earlier EPOS BS. Unable to comment whether this is an improvement, but it's definitely a change. With bigger aesthetics and powered by DD Power amp 120W build by Sachin and Aniket, it's easily being driven. Am just awaiting to give more critical listen and get back. Lata Mangeshkar's high pitch is sounding very smooth. Am loving it

View attachment 49508

View attachment 49509

View attachment 49510

View attachment 49511
Treat for eyes

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back