Music system lover

santoshk747

I have a old Bose home theatre system ( sub woofer + 5 stereo speakers) with a Pioneer AV Receiver.
The problem is this combination works well when plaing CD and Tapes, but fails when playing music from a MP3 player.

I want to continue using my Bose system. Any alternative to Pioneer AV receiver

This is not the fault of the system.

It is the fault of MP3 as a format. MP3 is a compressed format made to fit more songs in less space. Hence, data is lopped off at the top and bottom of the spectrum, hence many of the MP3 songs sound dull. This is the simplest explanation that I can think off, even though a more detailed explanation can be done by more knowledgeable FMs. :)

Hi

If you are more inclined towards music then you need an AVR which works well for music....Marantz is known to be music first.......all Marantz models have EQ etc and hence you can tweak to your liking

Pioneer LX series (more expensive) does a decent job for music and movies....

Denon is good for movies....Yamaha's do a 50 50 job....not sure of the latest models as in how they perform....

If you have used the Pioneer AVR for sometime, if you want to consider an upgrade and are open to pre owned stuff, see For Sale by Owner section or Hifiads.com.....you will get some decent pre used AVRs for reasonable rates....

As advised, check the quality of MP3 files being used....as a standard, I use 320kbps and even some files are 128/160kbps. It also depends on which player is being used...

By the way, there is a Cambridge Audio system with a pair of Aviano speakers for sale at a reasonable price in our forum, see if it tickles your pickle.

I have a old Bose home theatre system ( sub woofer + 5 stereo speakers) with a Pioneer AV Receiver.
The problem is this combination works well when plaing CD and Tapes, but fails when playing music from a MP3 player.

I want to continue using my Bose system. Any alternative to Pioneer AV receiver

What type of connection or cables you are using while connecting the CD/Tape/Mp3 Player with AVR?

Frankly speaking after listening to Audio CDs, no mp3 irrespective of bitrate is going to sound as good. Try listening to flac format which may sound almost as good as CDs.

What is your source for mp3 and how is it connected to your receiver?

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back