Music to make us better drivers

Analogous

60-80 BPM music is believed to make you people better drivers,
So New Zealand Police created a bunch of playlists to help you slow down behind the wheel.
Less road rage, safer driver behaviours is good for all?

60-80 BPM music is believed to make you people better drivers,
So New Zealand Police created a bunch of playlists to help you slow down behind the wheel.
Less road rage, safer driver behaviours is good for all?
Melodies make me sleep. I use high beats treble based songs to stay awake which driving. Like rock, party songs.

Melodies make me sleep. I use high beats treble based songs to stay awake which driving. Like rock, party songs.
Check out the playlists in the link; you will find rock, and all other popular genre. Some are very NZ specific.
Their claim is 60-80 beats per minute (similar to our resting heart rate range) makes drivers drive/behave safer.
It’s not a guarantee (eg: will not work if intoxicated), but there seems to be some research showing it improves safety.
I am trying to find the science-evidence behind this initiative and will share here if I find it.

Your observation about (slow?) melodies may be right ….lullaby effect?:)
In my experience driving (long distance) when I felt sleepy had resulted in two near accidents. I found it’s best to stop, sleep for a while or if possible get someone else who is not sleepy to drive.

Road traffic accidents are among the top ten causes of deaths in India.

Last edited:
Found a few:

A short abstract: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6636224/

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back