Musical and warm sounding CD player

As Mahi mentioned earlier, go with Tube CD player. It’s your best bet. If you want to stay SS, look at older Esoteric, Merdian, Ayre, and of course Luxman itself.

BTW, with the Luxman And Harbeth, you already have a warm sounding system. Are you Sure you want to add a warm CD player cos I am thinking if you are feeling brightness, maybe you are trying to fix a problem which is elsewhere. Have you tried room treatments, positioning, having right speaker stands as Harbeths are quite eclectic than other speakers from my personal experience with compact C7s etc

Thanks for your suggestions guys... bought the Marantz SA10. I must say it’s an excellent player. Very happy with the purchase. And the golden colour matches beautifully with my amplifier.

Congrats, the built in Dac is supposed to be excellent. Its built like a tank at approx 20 kgs.

Thanks for your suggestions guys... bought the Marantz SA10. I must say it’s an excellent player. Very happy with the purchase. And the golden colour matches beautifully with my amplifier.

hi adityaji,
can you kindly share the source you bought this and the price?
regards

Your audio rack looks great. Can you advise who the manufacturer is, or is it DIY?
Cheers,
Sid

When I purchased my Marantz Blueray player ud-7007, I thought them to be bit brighter sound signature.
Six months down the line I discovered the culprit to be the RCA interconnect. After this change they sound pristine, very open, perfect balance, coherent and detailed with out sounding bright.

What did you change to ?

What did you change to ?
2 core tin plated copper with cotton dilectrics microphone wires with standard tin plated Mx connectors. The shield at one end goes to ground. I have also used a 180 ohm resistance at both end of the cable to simulate a LPF to use the cable capacitance.

If you don’t mind preowned vintage, look for the Sony CDP ESD series on eBay. You’d be well within a lac including shipping and customs for the best models. And their musicality is way beyond what current day CDPs around a lac offer. Or else go with a CDP-DAC combination esp non-oversampling DAC.

P.S. Oops, realised you’ve already bought. Congrats on the Marantz. Keeping the post on for other readers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back