Musical Fidelity to launch second series of V DAC

Thanks a lot for advice and info venkatcr

Trying out DACs is certainly what i am gonna do before buying one, though I am afraid I wont get to have demo of many of them as Delhi dealers wont be keeping many brands. May be my next post is on the subject of DAC dealers in Delhi.

thanks again to all for all info..

In short, async USB allows bi-directional communication which allows the flow of data to go both ways. This allows the DAC to control the clock on the PC so that there are fewer (or no) timing errors.

Thus, async is better than adaptive.

Unless you are using a very very sensitive system and can decipher minute changes in the buffering process, the async feature cannot be felt really. Also, it is unnatural to think that the computer clock is the reason for the misalignment in the buffer stages. Your player has as much an effect on this as the computer itself.

Like Venkat says each DAC has a very distinctive signature and dont get too caught up in the technical capabilities of the DACs.

The sound signature and price along with connectivity play a bigger role in the final purchase decisions.

I agree with you and venkat. However, theoretically, what I have written is correct. However, I wrote it purely because praveen wanted to know the difference.

No better way to know if a DAC is good than to hear it with your setup.

What you are saying about listening to DACs is fine in theory but in Mumbai there are leading audio dealers who have not heard of DACs !! :-(
I too am contemplating the purchase of a good DAC- VDAC and DACmagic being the shortlisted candidates but really dont know if they can make any perceptible difference

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back