Musical fidelity vs Smsl su-9

krisna

I have an option to buy a used smsl su-9 or a brand new musical fidelity v90/M1/V Dac II. I have never used a dac. This is my first step and I don't intend to buy another for a long time. What would you suggest.

Cambridge audio dac magic, arcam used/new in the same price range of MF is also under consideration

Thanks.

I have an option to buy a used smsl su-9 or a brand new musical fidelity v90/M1/V Dac II. I have never used a dac. This is my first step and I don't intend to buy another for a long time. What would you suggest.

Cambridge audio dac magic, arcam used/new in the same price range of MF is also under consideration

Thanks.
A good point to start would be to identify the connections you'll be using most i.e. the various equipments/sources that you intend to connect to the DAC.

Also, check whether XLR output is a requirement because not all DACs have it.

A good point to start would be to identify the connections you'll be using most i.e. the various equipments/sources that you intend to connect to the DAC.

Also, check whether XLR output is a requirement because not all DACs have it.
I would connect ideally with USB. But i am equally comfortable with other inputs as well as i have the wires. All I'm concerned is what's the best sounding dac ignoring the flexibility of connectivity. I have a vintage Luxman L114 a amp, elac b6.2. I'm more leaned towards neutral to warm sounding taste.

Thanks

I would connect ideally with USB. But i am equally comfortable with other inputs as well as i have the wires. All I'm concerned is what's the best sounding dac ignoring the flexibility of connectivity. I have a vintage Luxman L114 a amp, elac b6.2. I'm more leaned towards neutral to warm sounding taste.

Thanks
Checkout the new Chord Mojo and the Ifi Zen Signature (slightly warmer than Mojo)

Amongst the DACs I've used, I've found these two companies to give the best bang for buck SQ wise.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back