MX Cables in Bangalore

Ketan

Hello Guys,

I've bought this Onkyo 5105 for more than a week now and yet not managed to set the system up completely.

I'm going to need some extra cable for the sourround speakers. The one that has come with the system are 22 AWG and I guess it should be good, but the length they have provided is around 9Mtr. I may need around 12-14Mtr for one of the two sourround speakers and that may require to buy a seperate cable running around 12-14Mtr, this left me thinking whether I should go for some high end cable like 16 or 14 AWG cables for both the sourround speakers (that 22 AWG should be good for my front and center speaker - my personal view).

Can anyone please let me know whether going for a better AWG for sourround speakers (which is going to run around 9Mtr right one and 14Mtr left one) is a good idea!! if so, I understand that the MX has got the decent quality OFC cable that I can buy.

I had been to SP road and saw MX catalogue at one shop where the 16 AWG was around Rs. 42xx and 12 AWG was around Rs 45xx for 100 Mtr roll. The shop guy told me that they sell only 100Mtr rolls and do not sell loose. Can anyone tell me where can I get the Mx cable in Bangalore in loose quantity per my requirement and I dont need 100Mtr for sure.

I'm also looking for a decent HDMI cable, Does the one by Mx do a decent job here? I will be using it either from my AVR to TV or from my Xbox to AVR.
Thanks in advance
Ketan

You don't need expensive cables at all. Its all snake oil when you look at pricing for cables esp. in India. The guage is a bit too low. I would go atleast 16 or 14AWG if you can all around.

Lots of cheap options even if buying directly from Amazon.com and adding customs duties to the purchase

Amazon.com: Philips Spooled Speaker Wire - 100ft - 16 gauge: Electronics

Hello Guys,

I've bought this Onkyo 5105 for more than a week now and yet not managed to set the system up completely.

I'm going to need some extra cable for the sourround speakers. The one that has come with the system are 22 AWG and I guess it should be good, but the length they have provided is around 9Mtr. I may need around 12-14Mtr for one of the two sourround speakers and that may require to buy a seperate cable running around 12-14Mtr, this left me thinking whether I should go for some high end cable like 16 or 14 AWG cables for both the sourround speakers (that 22 AWG should be good for my front and center speaker - my personal view).

Can anyone please let me know whether going for a better AWG for sourround speakers (which is going to run around 9Mtr right one and 14Mtr left one) is a good idea!! if so, I understand that the MX has got the decent quality OFC cable that I can buy.

I had been to SP road and saw MX catalogue at one shop where the 16 AWG was around Rs. 42xx and 12 AWG was around Rs 45xx for 100 Mtr roll. The shop guy told me that they sell only 100Mtr rolls and do not sell loose. Can anyone tell me where can I get the Mx cable in Bangalore in loose quantity per my requirement and I dont need 100Mtr for sure.

I'm also looking for a decent HDMI cable, Does the one by Mx do a decent job here? I will be using it either from my AVR to TV or from my Xbox to AVR.
Thanks in advance
Ketan

Hello Guys,

Thanks in advance
Ketan

There is a shop in sp road that is just for cables. I think its called cabletron or something. Its about half way thru sp road and is on right hand side. That guy sells all sorts of cables, any length, any gauge, branded and unbranded.

hi ketan!
22 awg is too low for speaker cables. u should go for 14 or 16 awg max. you may talk to Abhishek of audio dynamics (9845881387). one of our forum members once bought some good taiwanese cables from him and seems to be satisfied.

@doors666

I had been to SP road and I guess I did find a shop that sells all types of cable (Cabletron or something), he was not aware of the MX cable at all and was offering some 18AWG imported cable which was very costly too.

@krauss

Do you know exactly which cable (14 AWG?) you have bought from Abhishek? if you can tell me the spec and price, that will be good.

@Ram
Do you still have those HDMI left with you?

@doors666

I had been to SP road and I guess I did find a shop that sells all types of cable (Cabletron or something), he was not aware of the MX cable at all and was offering some 18AWG imported cable which was very costly too.

@krauss

Do you know exactly which cable (14 AWG?) you have bought from Abhishek? if you can tell me the spec and price, that will be good.

@Ram
Do you still have those HDMI left with you?

You can get the MX cables at the MX shop. Luckily I got his card yesterday and here are his details. I saw that he has speaker cables too.

Sanson Electroniks
Ph - 22240912, 22898079
No 1/1 Gopal Complex,
Sadar Patrappa Road (I guess thats what SP stands for, never knew:))
Bangalore - 560002

These guys are authd distributors for MX.

Hi,

Doors Sanson guys are just the dealers for the MX and have an exclusive outlet thats it ! they are not the Distributors :p!! The MX Distributor is sitting some place else and they supply materials to this Sanson !!

Ketan Have you finally got some cable or not ?? if not try with Radiotronics on the Right hand side of the lane in SP Road,They are basically into PA stuff but have some decent imported speaker cables which are cheap ;)!

Another place to check out would be,A shop inside the lane on the first right turn diagonally opposite to OM Electronics ! its on the left hand side (just a couple steps inside this lane) they have some decent speaker cables too ! check them out !

If you are unable to get it please do PM me so that I can try to help !!

Regards.

Hi,

Doors Sanson guys are just the dealers for the MX and have an exclusive outlet thats it ! they are not the Distributors :p!! The MX Distributor is sitting some place else and they supply materials to this Sanson !!

Regards.

I have his visiting card and it says "Authd. Distributor" right next to the MX logo.

Hi,

Buddy Am sorry if I have given any wrong impressions to you ;)! But the is the truth ! they may have given a wrong idea or misrepresented themselves !

Sanson Electronics is not the official Distributors for Karnataka ! They are just Exclusive Mx retail outlet !

I have dealt with them and also the official distributors,so I know very well ! Infact I know SP Road in & out !

Please don't take it in the wrong way,Am not trying prove anything here !

Off the topic,Ketan please excuse me if I have intruded on to your thread :p!

I have a 12Awg Speaker Cable Full Roll (100Mtrs) which I wish to sell !! Its made in USA and is of Blue colour !I bought this sometime back for some DIY project but never used it ! Am expecting 26K for the Roll (100Mtrs)!

P1050866.JPG

P1050871.JPG

If anyone is interested please PM me for further............

Regards.

Hi,

Ketan the figure is correct :p its not a typo !!

Its 12Gauge Pure OFC,So each meter is roughly Rs. 350/- (even then its way cheaper compared to others) but since I bought the whole roll I got it at cheaper price and the same price Am quoting here !!

Regards.

I was there a couple of times searching for distributor.
I would really appreciate if someone can give me exact address of the shop on SP road. I will need the cable in about next 15 days or so. I want to compare the quality / price with one I saw from another source (Taiwanese cables).

Cable requirements for new HT system

Hi.
I have recently bought Denon 1909 and wharfedale speakers for my 5.1 HT. The vendor is quoting 160Rs per mtr for 16 guage speaker cable.

Can any one suggest the type of cable to be used to connect denon 1909 to sub, front speakers and back speakers..? the type of pins to be used to connect speaks to amplifier and how the pins are connected to cable (twisting or soldering) and approximate cost of cable and pins.

I have a DVD player having optical out and it needs to be connected to denon. what is the recommended cable for it..? and its approximate cost.

rgds
sai

you need separate cables to connect the speakers and the sub. you may connect your speakers using just the cables, that is without any end termination (pins/banana plugs). for the sub you need a sub cable, which will have a coaxial cable with rca connectors at both ends.
connect your dvd player to the receiver using hdmi cable, this will take care of both the audio and the video.
i have pm-ed you about some pricing.
and if you plan to use banana/spade plugs for your speaker cables, dont worry about twisting or soldering. your dealer will do that properly for you. you are supposed to get a ready cable for use.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back