My Audition for new system.

@captrajesh
Sorry to say. But i said what ever i feel.
I think this is place where we can discuss the thing. and senior member will guide accordingly.
I did not said that Norge is bad. I dont know where it hurts your feeling. my apologies for that.
Hey buddy u got me wrong. Im not upset at all; neither with ur post nor with ur choice. AMOF I haven't even heard Norge so dont even think I was suggesting that to u. Since I dont even know the person u are dealing with,was just cautioning u thats all. Wish u all the best.
Edit:
Since u have posted the above msg while I was typing my previous post on my mob, though it got posted after ur post, I didn't even see ur msg earlier.

Vinsks, I can assure you that you will be more happy with the combination of Marantz PM6003 instead of PM5003 + Wharfedale Di9.2 speakers instead of PM5003.

Otherwise, take the PM5003 with Wharfedale Diamond 9.1/10.1 instead.

9.2 is kind of laid back music while 9.1 is more lively....

@rajuwaste
I use winamp to play FLAC files. there are other players as well that support FLAC. and you can use media player like WD TV, Asus O Play etc for the same. dont know about the price for that DVD player

I think you didn't get my point actually I mentioned cd player (like Marantz cd6003) not a software player in computer ,media players like WDTV.Eventhough I don't have personal experience about the combination you mentioned (marantz amp+speakers+ computer or WDTV) almost all of the forum members are mentioned best combination is stereo amp+speakers+cd players (marantz). I couldn't find single review about the combination you mentioned (using computer with stereo amp) in this forum.The panasonic dvd players may be specialized player to play music that is why I asked about the price.If the price of that player is around Rs.25000 and above then you mayn't expect the same output with computer.

rajuwaste, there are many members here who use stereo amp+ speakers with pc and external dac, or pc with xonar stx soundcard, with satisfactory results.

@rajuwaste
brother you are right, no doubt CD player + stereo amp + speakers are best combination. and if you want to play FLAC then we have to either user computer or media player that supports FLAC,

but if computer equiped with good sound card (like Xonar STX) or DAC it can also provide the good output.

as suggested by iaudio above. people are using computers not only as a source to stereo setup but also for their HT setup. And it is working well.

Most of the posts are just the same old stuff posted on other threads as well . I think marantz and warfs should pay pay the site for the amount of publicity .

Question for the OP . You mentioned audiolabs .. did you mean audiolab amplifiers ? If that is the case then I can tell you that the amplifiers use sankens in the output stages and that is a big reason for it to sound much better at higher volumes .

Marantz is good , but certainly not the best out there . similarly for the warf speakers .

I did audition the Norge amplifiers at Vipul and the amps are excellent for the price . I just found the amp looking like a cheap ritchie street assembled one from outside ,but it has a nice beefy circuitry and it does produce good music .

Regarding the distortion at 50% volume just go back to the same demo store .Make sure you have both the norge and the audiolab amplifiers volume at 11 o clock position . Now see which one is louder .

@yugaaa

i know that wharf and marantz are not the best. but for the best i dont have budget. my budget is limited and i have to findout something better within that. audiolab is also out of my butget.

my budget was for norge and i am streaching a bit for marantz. i will definate go for norge if i havent listen marantz. I choose marantz because i found its more pleasent and suit to my liking. i think this is just a personal feeling, that's why we audition many option before deciding one. what i write in my first post that was my observation during audition.

@yugaaa

i know that wharf and marantz are not the best. but for the best i dont have budget. my budget is limited and i have to findout something better within that. audiolab is also out of my butget.

Well, what i meant was to try more brands than jump .

my budget was for norge and i am streaching a bit for marantz. i will definate go for norge if i havent listen marantz. I choose marantz because i found its more pleasent and suit to my liking. i think this is just a personal feeling, that's why we audition many option before deciding one. what i write in my first post that was my observation during audition.

I respect your feelings and as I always keep saying .. whatever satisfies your pocket is more important . I just wanted to know if you auditioned the amplifiers on the same set of paramenters .

@yugaaa

thanks buddy....

during audition i use same set of song & speaker (wharf 9.2) with differant amp to know the differance. than later i use differant speakers with those amp.

Bass n Treble has got a good reputation in the forum. Would be visiting denny sometimes mid next year.

Your review seems to coming right from the heart.

BTW have you taken the delivery? How much could you bargain with him?

Bass n Treble has got a good reputation in the forum. Would be visiting denny sometimes mid next year.

Your review seems to coming right from the heart.

BTW have you taken the delivery? How much could you bargain with him?

I havent purchased yet. he have qouted the price with 10% discount approx. will definetely bargain before purchase.
currantly i am in search of good steblizer for voltage control before purchase my hifi system.

Here is my next audition::yahoo::clapping::yahoo:
EQUIPMENTS: Amp: NAD 315, PSB Alpha B1 and NAD CD player (not sure for the model #)
PLACE: Lakozy, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi
As on suggestion of my audiophile friends, today I visited Lakozy those are official dealer for NAD and PSB. Lakozys owner Mr. Ashish Kesarwani is really a gentle man. He not only gives good audition for the system as well as clears all my doubts during the audition.
Its good to see dealer like Denny and Ashish in NCR, who know what they are offering to their customers. As well as both have good knowledge of music and music system, and this is hard to find other places.
Now here is my impression for the system. Again let me say that this is not an expert review. I am writing what I felt during audition.
The very first song that we played is Abhijeet Pohankars - Pia Bawri. Volume was on 9 o clock position. It sounded very good and warm (as the signature sound of the combo) very detailed and very much clear in high, mid and low. The next song was Indian Oceans bandeh (Black Friday sound track). However as I increase volume to 12 o clock position then I found combo sounded too much bright. Ashish told me as both speakers and amp both are new and did not complete their burn-in period, once it will run 100 hr then it will sound much more musical then it sounded now. Next we have played Dire Straits- Brother in Arms, it was sounded awesome dont know the magic of song or the combo ;).
Finally the dessert, Ashish play Eagles - Hotel California on his Turntable, this was really good experience.
Finally now I am in confusion as usual. Dont know which combo I should pick either Marantz PM6003/PM5003 with Wharf 9.2 or NAD315 with PSB Alpha B1.
Friends please help me to come over from this confusion.

regards,
vinay

Here is my next audition::yahoo::clapping::yahoo:
EQUIPMENTS: Amp: NAD 315, PSB Alpha B1 and NAD CD player (not sure for the model #)
PLACE: Lakozy, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi
As on suggestion of my audiophile friends, today I visited Lakozy those are official dealer for NAD and PSB. Lakozys owner Mr. Ashish Kesarwani is really a gentle man. He not only gives good audition for the system as well as clears all my doubts during the audition.
Its good to see dealer like Denny and Ashish in NCR, who know what they are offering to their customers. As well as both have good knowledge of music and music system, and this is hard to find other places.
Now here is my impression for the system. Again let me say that this is not an expert review. I am writing what I felt during audition.
The very first song that we played is Abhijeet Pohankars - Pia Bawri. Volume was on 9 o clock position. It sounded very good and warm (as the signature sound of the combo) very detailed and very much clear in high, mid and low. The next song was Indian Oceans bandeh (Black Friday sound track). However as I increase volume to 12 o clock position then I found combo sounded too much bright. Ashish told me as both speakers and amp both are new and did not complete their burn-in period, once it will run 100 hr then it will sound much more musical then it sounded now. Next we have played Dire Straits- Brother in Arms, it was sounded awesome dont know the magic of song or the combo ;).
Finally the dessert, Ashish play Eagles - Hotel California on his Turntable, this was really good experience.
Finally now I am in confusion as usual. Dont know which combo I should pick either Marantz PM6003/PM5003 with Wharf 9.2 or NAD315 with PSB Alpha B1.
Friends please help me to come over from this confusion.

regards,
vinay

Well I haven't heard Marantz with Wharf, but I have the combo which u can see in my SIG and they always bring a smile on my face whenever I turn it ON:eek:hyeah: and yeah Mr. Ashish Kesarwani is really a very gud guy to deal with, very friendly and amiable nature guy. If u love vocals which is like lively so choose PSB with NAD, now how is the sound signature of PSB Alpha B1, u know it better but PSB's best match is NAD.

@ abhi

thanks for you responce...
i liked the sound. but being a novoice i was not able to tell you much difference in both system NAD+PSB Alpha & Marantz + wharf p.2.
that's why there is more confusion. but i am thinking of this as well.... rest god knows that which one i will go :D

@ abhi

thanks for you responce...
i liked the sound. but being a novoice i was not able to tell you much difference in both system NAD+PSB Alpha & Marantz + wharf p.2.
that's why there is more confusion. but i am thinking of this as well.... rest god knows that which one i will go :D

Well If u love vocals like reality so PSB combo is the gud. PSB Image B6 bookshelves has very impressive sound with ZERO CONS

Last edited:
Whats the price difference between the setup? May be thats the deal maker. You can share it here too if you dont mind.

You may find a difference if you can audition the two setupside by side for same music.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back