My Auro 3d 10.2 /Dolby Atmos/dts X 5.2.4 Setup..

Yes myself with help of electrician.
Great. I have SR 7010 , In my google research i am bit stuck at options.
5.1.4 or 7.1.2 ? I know 7.1.4 would be the best , but for the time being ?

Shall try to put it later.
Looking Forward to...
Auro3d music listening is very good comparitively.
Quite a praise in favor of Auro, I need to Pay 200 USD for my receiver to be eligible for it, so doesn't make sense for me now.

7010 ;).. If i recollect, you have a lengthy room and couldn't accommodate front wides.. So i guess, 7.1.2 would be good..

Thank u ,I have checked for only few songs ...need to check it more.I shall check n inform.
Iam more interested in this topic.Looking forward your comparison.may be I will land up on PM700x/800x based on your comparison.
I need to pull the trigger on stereo amp which should not be a downgrade from my SR 8012.
Btw good setup congrats.

congratulations.
i have also recently upgraded my system to 7.1.4. waiting to tune it and then will post. i am also using marantz 8012 as reciever

Looking Forward to...

Quite a praise in favor of Auro, I need to Pay 200 USD for my receiver to be eligible for it, so doesn't make sense for me now.
Auro 3D music listening is different from stereo feel. Heard few clips of symphonies ,it’s good for symphonies and western classical types ,also few modern songs are good. It’s giving different kind of feel.

Looking Forward to...

If u wanna go Make compatible for both Auro & Atmos (however based on room dimensions some compromise may be required in the layout guide lines) both are not compatible layouts if u strictly follow each of their guidelines. In this case u may need to use front heights & rear heights using height speakers,not ceiling speakers ones. So 5.1.4 can be planned now later to 7.1.4. If u prefer 7.1.2 then later top middle speakers may need to be shifted.So think and decide.

Checked few Auro3d demo clips .The following are very impressive.
Tractor pass demo ,Airplane Take off , Helicopter flying .This was very very natural almost 99% recordings. U feel that Tractor has passed on ur side and Airplane & Helicopter flew just above ur head.
Movie clip demos
Vishwaroopam ,Croods,Turbo &Dolphin Tales were very impressive ones.

Wow, that's an awesome looking setup. Very clean and neat, wires well concealed.
Congratulations.
1. Did you do that all by yourself? I mean with help of electrician of course..
2. Did you hire a professional service?
3. How does Auro 3d compare with Atmos, which you liked?
4. Can you just put rough sketch of your speakers positioning with distances?
Thanks
Wow, that's an awesome looking setup. Very clean and neat, wires well concealed.
Congratulations.
1. Did you do that all by yourself? I mean with help of electrician of course..
2. Did you hire a professional service?
3. How does Auro 3d compare with Atmos, which you liked?
4. Can you just put rough sketch of your speakers positioning with distances?
Thanks

I'm attaching a small sketch of the speaker layout ,which is made to scale in a PDF.format .All dimensions are in Feet. I Hope it may help some members. The subwoofer-2 Nos is not shown ,since the sub placement are in trial. Note: I have selected this speaker layout considering the compatibility for Atmos & Auro3d . It's not 100% as per the Guidelines of Auro3d.Also note that I'm using Dali Alteco as heights ,it has provision for changing the angle of dispersion by using a switch provided on the speaker.Its doing a great job for heights. If any queries you are free to ask.

Attachments

• Auro 3d setup plan.pdf
    33.9 KB · Views: 122
  • Auro 3d setup plan-Heights.pdf
    32.5 KB · Views: 83
Congrats - It's a pretty impressive setup.

I’m attaching Auro3d guidelines link which may be helpful for some members who were planning to do so.
https://www.stormaudio.com/media/co...s_setup_20160219__085700400_1344_13062017.pdf

I'm attaching a small sketch of the speaker layout ,which is made to scale in a PDF.format .All dimensions are in Feet. I Hope it may help some members. The subwoofer-2 Nos is not shown ,since the sub placement are in trial. Note: I have selected this speaker layout considering the compatibility for Atmos & Auro3d . It's not 100% as per the Guidelines of Auro3d.Also note that I'm using Dali Alteco as heights ,it has provision for changing the angle of dispersion by using a switch provided on the speaker.Its doing a great job for heights. If any queries you are free to ask.

Thanks for this. I am also planning a similar setup which can do Auro 3D, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.

Checked few Auro3d demo clips .The following are very impressive.
Tractor pass demo ,Airplane Take off , Helicopter flying .This was very very natural almost 99% recordings. U feel that Tractor has passed on ur side and Airplane & Helicopter flew just above ur head.
Movie clip demos
Vishwaroopam ,Croods,Turbo &Dolphin Tales were very impressive ones.

How did you procure the Auro3D demo disc.? I have been trying for quite some time.

Did you do any acoustic treatments to the room?

Congrats - It's a pretty impressive setup.

Thanks for this. I am also planning a similar setup which can do Auro 3D, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.

How did you procure the Auro3D demo disc.? I have been trying for quite some time.

Did you do any acoustic treatments to the room?

Thank u .:)
Its Auro 3d demo disc Vol 1 got through one of my friend.Blade runner 2049 Movie -Auro3d Bluray got from Amazon.in
Acoustic Treatment is very basic .Full carpet with a foam sheet underneath . BassTrap Foam got from Aliexpress.com. Egg Tray foam panels ,got locally.

Looking Forward to...

Heard from my HT consultant that people are cracking and using Auro 3D. Got to take his words with a pinch of salt.
And coming to Auro for indian movies, I faintly remember tollywood movie “shadow” (starring venkatesh & tapse pannu) was screened for press during pre release promotions at prasad’s imax in 2013 in this sound.

I think Auro3d was brought to Indian Cinema by the great Actor Kamal Hassan ji for his own production movie Vishwaroopam in the year 2013...
After this many Theaters have installed this format .

Imported few Auro3d Bluray discs from Europe
  • SpiderMan Homecoming
  • Passengers
  • DarkTower
  • Pixels
  • Red Tails
Its very good one with more details of sound.

Added an ATI Multichannel Power amp ATI1506 to my system.[It is a BEAST amp having 150 Watts @8 ohms -All 6 channels driven ,& 450 Watts @ 8 ohms in Bridged mode for 3 channel . ] However I'm not using Bridged mode .Now the power amp drives the base ground 5 channels.The heights will be driven by AVR SR8012 and the VOG by Adcom GFA 535 amp.Need to explore more about it.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back