My Auro 3d 10.2 /Dolby Atmos/dts X 5.2.4 Setup..

Thought to share Few updates ...over the time ..upgrade bite started ...After many trials and Now converted the setup to Dolby Atmos/DTS X 7.2.4 & Auro3d 10.2
Equipments currently in use:
AVR & Amplification:Marantz SR8012,Power amplifier : ATI 1506 & Adcom GFA 535.
Projection :SONY VPL-HW45es ,Elite 100" screen
Speakers : Front-Wharfedale Linton Heritage ,Centre: Airmotiv C1, SideSurround:Airmotiv E1,Rear Surround Zensor1
Heights : Dali Alteco C1 as front & Rear .
Voice of GOD channel /Top surround : Sonodyne A3540 .
Subwoofer : SVS pb12(dual).

Living Room:Marantz pm6005, Dali Zensor 5 for stereo & Denon DHTX500.

Though now mix matched many brands,I thought that somehow I may loss the timber match ,but luckily! I had an oppoturnity to check airmotiv speakers at my home through our forum friends to check whether it matches or not .
Only thing I was very doubtful about Linton Heritage which I didn't check it in my setup before buying.But Thank GOD !that to my ears I didn't felt much difference.
Also I have re-oriented the postions of AVR/power amps to the rear side for better viewing/placement, based on my room conditions .
Widened the Front speakers around 50 degree included angle for better sound stage and seperations.
The major findings/ improvement I found in the upgrades is as follows:-

• The center channel speaker Airmotiv C1 is a very good one in that price category ...
  • Got the Linton Heritage ,so that I can use as a 2 in 1 for stereo and HT. But I feel sometime that I'm not doing justice by using in HT (Fingers crossed).However its a very good speaker for HT too having modern sound in a Vintage Look.
  • Coming to the subwoofer ,I never thought I will upgrade it so fast from dali e-12f to SVS pb12 .Dali e-12f is a very good subwoofer in that price range ,but SVS pb12 is on next level to it. It goes solid 20 hz low and had better bass resolution.
  • Initially I got one SVS and was running with Dali subs(dual) through minidsp 2*4HD.After aligning all subs (through minidsp) ,what I found that Dali sub are working hard and SVS is hardly working . Then later I have added one more SVS ,then sold the Dali subs.

I have enclosed a photo of the setup and also sub response(seat to seat) which I got from Dual -SVS pb12 .This is not by using minidsp.Only by Audyssey XT32 calibration and tweaking it further.

Moving from 5.2.4 to 7.2.4 ,now I'm hearing little more details on the bed channels which leads for a better immersion.

Honestly Still I can tell I have not yet achieved the results I'm craving for:p ..but feel more improvements than before which leads me for new learnings and experience..;)

Once again thank you for my HT friends @kaptan for guidance @elangoas @liverpool_for_life for the help on learning REW.

Attachments

• Wharfedale linton-2mp.jpg
    Wharfedale linton-2mp.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Sub response-1.jpg
    Sub response-1.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 129
Added a Welcome display board to my HT.
This board size is 2' x 1 ' and it is made up of Acrylic and LED lights.
I have given my requirement -colouring ,border and icons idea.
The credit goes to @Alfahath for its implementation.
The display have came very nice to my satisfaction.Of course in this type Hobby these are some things that gives me some pleasure.
Happy to share it in this forum.

Attachments

• IMG_20210720_204038_compress55.jpg
    IMG_20210720_204038_compress55.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20210720_214049__01_compress2.jpg
    IMG_20210720_214049__01_compress2.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 81
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back