My Dedicated HT- Enigma by ATAS Audio Video Solutions

Nik_Ind

I rarely write reviews or testimonials, but for Prateek (@prateekatasniya ); the owner of ATAS Audio Video Solutions, Hyderabad, I’m more than glad to make an exception! He truly deserves it!

I'm based out of Chandigarh, and I'd like to start by saying that I'm no A/V expert. My entire experience revolves around car audio, which, although, fundamentally is the same, but still quite different in a lot of aspects.

When I started looking for options to install for my AV room/HT room, little did I know that I’d end up going all out for my dedicated HT, and the entire credit goes to Prateek for changing my mind. I started consulting members on the HiFi Vision forum for help and was looking for dealers/installers mainly in New Delhi, primarily, for the sake of convenience. None of the vendors I was referred to were able to understand what I was truly looking for, and I was left pretty much unconvinced. They just pointed me towards mainstream brands and solutions, and none of them suited my taste. That’s when Prateek’s message caught my attention and I decided to get in touch with him. I realised in my first conversation with him that he was extremely passionate about A/V, and that was just the edge that I was looking for. From then on, there were multiple conversations over calls and texts; calls sometimes extending to over an hour, and there was nothing really left to convince me that he was the perfect man for the job. A hidden gem, to be honest! His enthusiasm and dedication towards this project is what I sincerely value, and it is because of these very reasons that my dream HT transformed into reality. Prateek worked on every single detail as if it were his own HT. A few days later after the HT was completed, there were a few friends who experienced it, and ALL of them got tempted to get one built for themselves, even though none of them are A/V enthusiasts or movie buffs. If THAT doesn’t tell you the level of work Prateek has accomplished, I don’t know what will! Personally, I’m truly grateful to this forum, without which I would have never been introduced to ATAS Audio Video, and for the fact that I also found a great friend in Prateek! I wish him success for many years to come, and I don’t have an iota of doubt that Prateek will soon be one of the big names in the A/V line!

Attached herewith are a few pictures clicked after completion. I will be getting a professional photoshoot done soon, and will post more afterwards. Feel free to ask me or @prateekatasniya for details.

P.s. Mods, please feel free to move this to an appropriate thread if I've posted in the wrong place.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 560
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 563
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 563
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 553
I rarely write reviews or testimonials, but for Prateek (@prateekatasniya ); the owner of ATAS Audio Video Solutions, Hyderabad, I’m more than glad to make an exception! He truly deserves it!

I'm based out of Chandigarh, and I'd like to start by saying that I'm no A/V expert. My entire experience revolves around car audio, which, although, fundamentally is the same, but still quite different in a lot of aspects.

When I started looking for options to install for my AV room/HT room, little did I know that I’d end up going all out for my dedicated HT, and the entire credit goes to Prateek for changing my mind. I started consulting members on the HiFi Vision forum for help and was looking for dealers/installers mainly in New Delhi, primarily, for the sake of convenience. None of the vendors I was referred to were able to understand what I was truly looking for, and I was left pretty much unconvinced. They just pointed me towards mainstream brands and solutions, and none of them suited my taste. That’s when Prateek’s message caught my attention and I decided to get in touch with him. I realised in my first conversation with him that he was extremely passionate about A/V, and that was just the edge that I was looking for. From then on, there were multiple conversations over calls and texts; calls sometimes extending to over an hour, and there was nothing really left to convince me that he was the perfect man for the job. A hidden gem, to be honest! His enthusiasm and dedication towards this project is what I sincerely value, and it is because of these very reasons that my dream HT transformed into reality. Prateek worked on every single detail as if it were his own HT. A few days later after the HT was completed, there were a few friends who experienced it, and ALL of them got tempted to get one built for themselves, even though none of them are A/V enthusiasts or movie buffs. If THAT doesn’t tell you the level of work Prateek has accomplished, I don’t know what will! Personally, I’m truly grateful to this forum, without which I would have never been introduced to ATAS Audio Video, and for the fact that I also found a great friend in Prateek! I wish him success for many years to come, and I don’t have an iota of doubt that Prateek will soon be one of the big names in the A/V line!

Attached herewith are a few pictures clicked after completion. I will be getting a professional photoshoot done soon, and will post more afterwards. Feel free to ask me or @prateekatasniya for details.

P.s. Mods, please feel free to move this to an appropriate thread if I've posted in the wrong place.
Congrats @Nik_Ind ..its definitely Eye Candy;).
Share the AV Gear Details.
Happy listening.
Ps - @prateekatasniya is THX certified person i remember.. with dedication.when dedication meets the challenges outcome would be fantabulous :)

Last edited:

Thank you all for all the appreciation towards the HT, and most importantly, Prateek :) Here are the details that some of you have asked for:-

System Configuration : 7.1.4

LCR : QSC SC 1120

Surrounds and Atmos : Focal 100ICW 6

Subwoofer : QSC SB 7118

Sub Amp : Crown DSi 1000

Left/Right Speaker Amp : Crown XLS 1502

A/V Receiver : Denon X3700H

Projector : Epson TW7100 projector

Screen : 120" 16:9 screen

Automation : Control 4 EA-1

Great setup!!
how is QSC speakers + QSC Sub...comparing to other consumer speakers. I was also looking at initially but no demos were available , also they recommend using QSC amps to best match with their speakers.

Great setup!!
how is QSC speakers + QSC Sub...comparing to other consumer speakers. I was also looking at initially but no demos were available , also they recommend using QSC amps to best match with their speakers.
I too am curious about this setup.

Beautiful setup! congratulations.
Did you also get acoustics done? Would you be able to share more details on what treatments were done in the room.

Great setup!!
Did you also get acoustics done? Would you be able to share more details on what treatments were done in the room.

I'll request Prateek to respond to these :) @prateekatasniya

Thank you for the review.. I'm humbled :)
And thank you for trust and faith in my planning.
Letting me install QSC without auditioning and and solely based on my recommendation is something very few would do and that's the decision which gives the home theatre reference level spl capability without sounding harsh.

@Nik_Ind 's reaction on experiencing the HT for the first time was worth the months of hard work went into it.

Funny part is .. even I was blown on experiencing the HT post calibration .
My hair, shirt, jeans all were shaking on playing the Mad Max opening scene. ( Gave me goose bumps) that's when I understood how it would feel to own such a home theatre and the reason behind @Nik_Ind's reaction.

Great setup!!
There's no demo available in entire country.
I suggested @Nik_Ind to use qsc and he left it on me. :)
I was pretty sure it would be jaw dropping. But still to be 100% sure I bought a pair of QSC sc 1120 and compared with my Genelec 8040b side by side, in my room.
After listening there was no way I would use a tweeter based system in his dedicated home theatre. They were so damn good!!
Total listening time was at least 20 hours.
My wife's review for the QSC " this gives that cinema sound. . . That openness. . Unrestricted feel. . Free flow. ." These are her words when asked to describe the comparison between QSC and genelec.
WE are listening to the genelecs since 5 years.

Coming to the subwoofer: trust me it can make your whole house/ building shake when asked for and can play at lower levels without overpowering or being boomy.

On technical terms: it can go super loud and super clean and super tight.

Realised an important aspect about bass.
Spl and clarity are much more important than low frequency extension.
I.e. One shouldn't choose low frequency extension at the expense of SPL and clarity.

Acoustics are behind the black acoustically transparent fabric.( Fabric was tested for acoustical transparency)

Absorption and diffusion is done.
Room is more of diffusion in higher frequencies and absorption in lower frequencies.

Great job @prateekatasniya! Prateek and I have spoken several times and his sheer passion for high quality audio and focus on measurable and tangible outcomes backed by solid science is something that struck me as a refreshing change. It is an approach that is very in line with the Pro audio and studio approach to sound.

Wonderful effort Prateek. Very happy for you and wish you a lot more continued success. :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back