My Dedicated New Home Theater

I am finally done with the screen. I settled on a 16:9 format 100" diagonal sized
screen for now. The screen is a laminate mounted on a wooden frame painted with Asian Paints Satin Enamel in "Pure Ivory" shade. There is no Hot spotting and the image is awesome.

I am now coming to the Audio setup section. Enclosed a layout of the theater with intended acoustic treatment.

Any ideas are welcome

gvr
HTLAYOUTGVR.jpg

Hi GvR

For you 100'' Diagonal screen, what is the seating distance you have planned.

How far is the main row and rear row seats from the projector ?

What is the height of the screen ?

Its interesting to see that you have placed the entire system rack at the rear end .

As the setup looks excellent,

Last edited:
Hi GvR

For you 100'' Diagonal screen, what is the seating distance you have planned.

How far is the main row and rear row seats from the projector ?

What is the height of the screen ?

Its interesting to see that you have placed the entire system rack at the rear end .

As the setup looks excellent,

I have followed the THX recommendations for seating and screen position, spkr placement etc.

Viewing distance is minimum 1.5 x screen width for optimum viewing angle of 36degrees. Recommended screen height is to see that the entire screen is visible to all with no higher than 15 degree elevation of neck.

See diagram for other info.

gvr
HTLAYOUT2GVR.jpg

I have finally finished my home theater, except for the seats.

I have installed only a single recliner for now, and am using temporary seats for the rest. I shall install the other seats later as I am unable to get hold of seating suppliers.

Am happy to inform you that though it lacks in looks , the picture and sound are simply superb, with absolutely no reverbrations or echos at any volume levels.

here are some pics.

Gvr
IMG_0495.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Hi Doc,:p
I am just A-W-E-S-T-R-U-C-K and Speechless :rolleyes:. Picture quality looks wonderful...;)
Just Two questions ,
1.) Why the Subwoofer is on a spare Tyre.
2.) (Not a question but a thought) - Why not a better AV-Receiver with THX Spec-which will do justice for the beautiful setup.

Anyways Enjoy and Congrats you just made your dream come true.
God bless,
Sam:cool:

Thanx Sam

The Sub is on the tyre so as to isolate it from the floor.

As for the upgrade, all in good time.

this is my first home theater, so I am using what I already had at hand in my family room setup with a 50" Sony RPTV.

Once I am fully familiar with a projector setup, I will upgrade.

Thanx once again

Gvr

Thats a really wonderfull setup that you have made.

Do you have any fights over who will sit in the recliner ;-)

Pradeep

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back