My Delta Sigma USB 1.1 DAC Build

sad part is Mr opamp is not available in the market, ebay devices are fake sometimes..letz see if i can get a decent audio grade op-amp from analog devices for a good price.

which model of opamp are you looking for?? maybe i can be of some help
but specifics pls

Thank you,
better if i get AD827 for less..also mini toroidal trafo is better
909V ,5VA to 50VA

High Speed Amplifier (Greater than equal to 50MHz) - Voltage Feedback - OPA690 - TI.com
this one fits the reqmt????
edit
You can get free samples from Texas instruments, Analog Devices and National Semiconductors. You can try LM4562 LM6172 OPA2132 OPA2604 AD826 AD827 AD823 but there are many more available and all give a different feel.
happy hunting
btw you need a corporate/edu mail id for analog device n National semiconductor Sample programme...
cheers

Last edited:
Kaushik bhai...the language that you mostly talk here is greek and latin to me and I usually stay away from things I don't understand....but as I see your efforts, couldn't resist to drop in and say Good Luck...I will covet THAT attitude & instinct you have...great going brother....:clapping:

Naren

High Speed Amplifier (Greater than equal to 50MHz) - Voltage Feedback - OPA690 - TI.com
this one fits the reqmt????
edit
You can get free samples from Texas instruments, Analog Devices and National Semiconductors. You can try LM4562 LM6172 OPA2132 OPA2604 AD826 AD827 AD823 but there are many more available and all give a different feel.
happy hunting
btw you need a corporate/edu mail id for analog device n National semiconductor Sample programme...
cheers
OK only TI possible,i dont want to use my office ID for it..OPA series i will give a try.but samples are for 1 time only.I need to find a good local supplier for chips.Thank you for the help.
@Naren
I think most people who are not of electronics background find things /terms weird , but there is food for general
people like SQ review,final pictures once completed .Peoples' feedback are very much needed all the time..even constructive -ve feedback too!.
It a simple unit just component purchases are little tricky for small Qty .

UPDATE Dec 01:
Enclosure wood part ordered already ..after 30 min chat with carpenter ,explaining what it is , finish etc he agreed to make it out of teak wood letz hope it finishes in 2-3days..AL part i will check with some laser shop.

Last edited:
OK only TI possible,i dont want to use my office ID for it..OPA series i will give a try.but samples are for 1 time only.I need to find a good local supplier for chips.Thank you for the help.
@Naren
I think most people who are not of electronics background find things /terms weird , but there is food for general
people like SQ review,final pictures once completed .Peoples' feedback are very much needed all the time..even constructive -ve feedback too!.
It a simple unit just component purchases are little tricky for small Qty .

UPDATE Dec 01:
Enclosure wood part ordered already ..after 30 min chat with carpenter ,explaining what it is , finish etc he agreed to make it out of teak wood letz hope it finishes in 2-3days..AL part i will check with some laser shop.

Good the DAC Wood Al case is progressing. But what about the op amp?

Good the DAC Wood Al case is progressing. But what about the op amp?
I am waiting for local vendor to get some info ..soon will go and hunt for it in some more places in a SP market trip.

Also i have to shop for couple of inductors/line filter components.If not available for a good price locally ,will get via farnell/or TI sample.

pictures ! pictures !all we want .......:yahoo:

Acrylic fitted front with logo :

The unpolished back side,RCA ,USB port holes

Pic with 2 silver RCA and USB mini connector after fitting ..windows pic manager did a reddish tint :)

Carpenter did this all for very low fee, took 5 days (just 1 hour job,yesterday done 90%)..wood looks awesome even w/o polishing and tanning.He did a pretty good fitting.

For now i will keep an acrylic front.
Need to go for the laser cutting front panel job....
Also op-amp part......

Last edited:
Nice job, Kaushik!
The logo looks classy, waiting for pics after polishing. So listening a lot? Burnt in?

Great work Kaushik :clapping:. Looks fantastic. Waiting for Initial Reports and if possible an audition :p.

Last edited:
Thank you all,
for all the good words.The unit is sounding good :) , ,i can say external dac always sounds better. i am testing it with Fiio and Soundmagic PL-30 IEMs .About 50Hrs burnt in.

In a day or two i will grab an decent op-amp for output stage.Then only a detailed review.And will do some listening tests at some places with different setups in bangalore.

Now we need a good review from you.:)
A detailed review is coming soon.
Got the Op-Amp today it is AD712JNZ.
Preferably i would like to use AD827,but this is a little expensive.

Isolated Op-amp board you can see:

With the reg PSU and op-amp connected the dac should sing. Of course there are upgrades .
Things that are needed(for ultimate performance):--
Some PIO (paper in oil capacitors,may be by AMPOHM,very ...expensive approx Rs1k /pc), a special choke inductor,line filter,R-core transformer.

gvenu,
for upgrade of your dac check these..
ultra250.gif

Thats good, AD DAC looks better than CA OR BB.
Zero DAC with AD DAC sounds close to tubes(av forum reference)

Thats good, AD DAC looks better than CA OR BB.
Zero DAC with AD DAC sounds close to tubes(av forum reference)

Some people have lived major part of their life researching , including OP-AMPs, their inputs are highly valuable all the time .

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back