my DIY "easy to make" fostex 103e fullrange speaker

very nice job! i do not think this is your first diy effort

keep it up and would like to listen when next time i am in chennai

rgds,
venu

Hi swami,

So your DIY effort is not in the ''pipeline'' but already there and looking great too.:D swami thanks for sharing about your speakers yesterday at the meet and posting pictures here too. I think they should sound as fabulous as they look too.I think one equipment selects itself for the next meet.:) Congrats!

cheers,
sri

All that effort gone down the drain...pipe :D

They look very good...pro finish. Congrats on the build...:clapping:

will be starting my own 206e based Sachiko builds in a week's time.

will be starting my own 206e based Sachiko builds in a week's time

Hi,

Prasad,(forum name quad) in Hyderabad has built similar speakers.You could contact him for suggestions/help.

Regards
Rajiv

swami,

these look absolutely lovely! the finish looks superb too! congrats on just doing it :) now do you have a nice tube amp to drive these beauties... next project ;):D

regards

Hello Swami, congrats...... They look really neat, i really like the colour scheme. Job well done!!. Any idea of using aluminium pipe instad of PVC?.
Is PVC recommended?

Regards,
Anil

MY DIY PAGE

Hi,

Your DIY full range speakers looks awesome and also the sound should be, as you put those whole hearted work to do these wonderful speakers.

You have mentioned us in the HFV meet, that i have made a DIY speaker using fostex full range drivers. You should have bring this speakers with along with you for the HFV meet on that day. As srikarkav sir said it has earned its stars and points to be in the next HFV meet. I im very much in love to audition your speakers. Please find a name for that speakers.

congrats :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Quick question - what is the connector that you used at the rear end of the speakers?

Regards

Hi Swami,

Thanks for sharing your DIY work. Congradulations and the speakers look wonderful as if bought from a HiFi shop.

One question: Is there a gap between the pipe and the stand? Does it serve as bass port? Because I cannot figure out whether there is a gap or the pipe is painted black. Please clarify.

Suggestion: The angles can also be painted with relevant colors so that it blends with the unit.

Last edited:
Hello Swami, congrats...... They look really neat, i really like the colour scheme. Job well done!!. Any idea of using aluminium pipe instad of PVC?.
Is PVC recommended?

Regards,
Anil

MY DIY PAGE

Hi Anil, I think some of the designs involving these kind of pipes were made mostly of PVC and i think the parts are easily availble from the local hardware store and that could be a reason. I am not sure about aluminium and its sound absorbing/reflecting properties. Sorry of not being of any help on this.

swami

Swami, the "pipe dream" speakers look excellent.
They should sound even better as the drivers break in.

Hi,

Your DIY full range speakers looks awesome and also the sound should be, as you put those whole hearted work to do these wonderful speakers.

You have mentioned us in the HFV meet, that i have made a DIY speaker using fostex full range drivers. You should have bring this speakers with along with you for the HFV meet on that day. As srikarkav sir said it has earned its stars and points to be in the next HFV meet. I im very much in love to audition your speakers. Please find a name for that speakers.

congrats :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Hi jeevabobby, thanks for your comments and i would be very happy to bring it for the next meet. I think Cranky has already given a name for these - "ET go home" and you can use if there are no copyright issues. :eek:hyeah:

swami

Hi Swami,

Thanks for sharing your DIY work. Congradulations and the speakers look wonderful as if bought from a HiFi shop.

One question: Is there a gap between the pipe and the stand? Does it serve as bass port? Because I cannot figure out whether there is a gap or the pipe is painted black. Please clarify.

Suggestion: The angles can also be painted with relevant colors so that it blends with the unit.

Dear Muthusami, thanks. Yes, there is approx 1 1/2 inches gap between the wooden plank and the pipe edge and this serves as the port. I agree that the angles can be painted, but i left it as it is because the bolt which serves as the spikes are also similar in colour as the angles and it was looking ok. Thanks anyway for your suggestion.

swami

Quick question - what is the connector that you used at the rear end of the speakers?

Regards

Sorry gobble, i can't understand your question. You mean the binding posts, the wires, or any terminal connectors ? please clarify.

Binding posts - gold plated, which i bought along with the drivers
Wires - DIY cat 5, 4 wires braided together for each channel per speaker
Driver terminal - Just soldered the cat5

swami

Sorry gobble, i can't understand your question. You mean the binding posts, the wires, or any terminal connectors ? please clarify.

Binding posts - gold plated, which i bought along with the drivers
Wires - DIY cat 5, 4 wires braided together for each channel per speaker
Driver terminal - Just soldered the cat5

swami

That answers my question. :)

Thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back