My entry to the hi-fi world!

bizarre

Hi guys,

This forum helped me acquire my first ever hifi audio system earlier this month. The setup has the following:

1. Marant PM5003 50wpc integrated amplifier
2. Jamo C405 floorstanding speakers
3. DAC SPK12 Oxygen Free Copper 12 AWG speaker cable (4 metres)
4. MX Digital Interconnect for connecting my laptop to the amplifier

Attached are photos of the setup in my small 12'x12' room.

Entire Setup: lack of space. Couldn't manage a better shot!

Jamo C405 Speakers

Marantz PM5003 Amplifier is enough to produce unbearable loudness for my 12'x12' room.

DAC Speaker Cable is thicker than the photo shows

MX Digital Interconnect gives a solid feel

:yahoo:

Enjoy the purchase friend.
The towers look too big for the roomsize though. But am sure it does u good per the preferences. I have my tiny bookshelf speakers that seem more than enuf for my room size same as urs.

But its all worth till it creates ....magic!

Cheers

Congratulations! Nice components and pictures. That's a lot of speakers for that room. Did you consider any bookshelves before getting those C405?

Cheers.

hi bizarre-

you must be a really happy guy!:)

feel happy for you!

BTW - your left hand looks eerily like mine!

Awsome! Have Fun...Yes you can do many changes to get a lot lot more from your existing system...but don't get into Audiophile nervosa....enjoy the music...make small changes one by one...learn to appreciate the differences...and enjoy the journey!

Happy Listening!

-Pradeep

Bizarre, those new Marantz amps look damn classy! I think there is a dark metallic grey color? That looks even sweeter.
Nice speakers, but yes they would overwhelm a 144 sq ft room. My tiny m33i does that to my 200 sq ft room!
Its great that you finally have a sweet looking and sounding set up, I still remember the time you started thread about speaker hunt!

Suri, I think you have just met your Hand Double!

Yaay! nice combo. :D

Here's some cool facts about your speakers :D

The c405 external design is inherited from Jamo's older line of high end d450 concert speakers which used vifa drivers. Grey combined with wooden finish and orange resin glue composite driver cones. I think the combination looks v nice irl. They are known for their bass / full rich sound unlike the c607 which is descendant of the e875 ( better known for percussion and focus on instrumentation but requires a sub ) So you made a good choice going for the c4xx series instead of x6xx in stereo setup.

The distance the c405's travel once broken in is huge, almost an inch!

Also, how much did the amp set you back?

1. Marant PM5003 50wpc integrated amplifier
2. Jamo C405 floorstanding speakers
4. MX Digital Interconnect for connecting my laptop to the amplifier

Congrats! Enjoy the experience.

Waaaaaay overkill brother!

Thanks everybody for those nice words. Appreciate it!

The towers look too big for the roomsize though. But am sure it does u good per the preferences. I have my tiny bookshelf speakers that seem more than enuf for my room size same as urs.

But its all worth till it creates ....magic!

Congratulations! Nice components and pictures. That's a lot of speakers for that room. Did you consider any bookshelves before getting those C405?

I did think about going in for bookshelves earlier but I wasn't too sure of my room size. It's small today but it may not be in a year's time. I live on rent, you know. Hence I decided to make my purchase future-proof and went for floorstandings.

Another thing was the fact that I had auditioned C405 very early and later nothing else could convince my novice ears. Frankly I didn't audition any bookshelves!

That's cool! If you are elder than me then I must send you a PM and understand what's my future is going to be. :D

Awsome! Have Fun...Yes you can do many changes to get a lot lot more from your existing system...but don't get into Audiophile nervosa....enjoy the music...make small changes one by one...learn to appreciate the differences...and enjoy the journey!

congrats dude, buy more cds and enjoy music.

I had never had any serious instrument earlier and hence I had no benchmarks. Frankly I still have no clue if my system is sounding in hifi grade or not. What is it lacking at and what should I do to improve the sound further.

But I'm enjoying it to bits. Will leave the upgrades to my learnings as I give more time to listening. I do have an itch for spending money unnecessarily but it doesn't happen very often. Anyways I've run out of budget for any upgrade for a couple of months, howsoever small. :)

Bizarre, those new Marantz amps look damn classy! I think there is a dark metallic grey color? That looks even sweeter.
Nice speakers, but yes they would overwhelm a 144 sq ft room. My tiny m33i does that to my 200 sq ft room!
Its great that you finally have a sweet looking and sounding set up, I still remember the time you started thread about speaker hunt!

Thank iaudio. Yes, the Marantz amp looks awesome, so do the speakers. You have no idea how I smile when I see them after coming back from work everyday. :)

Frankly I've no clue if the speakers are overwhelming my room or not. The amp volume position is between 9 and 10 90% of the time and this volume is more than enough for me.

So you made a good choice going for the c4xx series instead of x6xx in stereo setup.

Thanks Rahul. Even I think I made the right choice. I was watching The Notebook the other day and there was a war scene in the movie. The bombing scene actually made me feel vibrations in the room. The speaker produces a hell lot of bass whenever required, of course without compromising vocals. I don't think I would ever need a sub, even if I decide to go for a HT setup.

The distance the c405's travel once broken in is huge, almost an inch!

Also, how much did the amp set you back?

Would you explain the distance thingy please?

The amp cost me 17.5k with bill and warranty.

Waaaaaay overkill brother!

You mean I could do away with a cheaper or less capable cable? I bought this one for 180/metre and I thought it's not the best out there. People here in this forum buy speaker cables for as much as tens of thousands? I also bought it because I was buying only 4 metres and I could afford it.

Only con: If system is on you can not sleep :D

The audio setup is towards my feet when I sleep, so no interference with sleep. Also the source is my Dell laptop which is on my bed. I have to shut it before going to sleep or it will be kicked to the floor in the sleep. Can't get lazy with this. :D

Very well n point taken. And i see you feel the 'magic', so its all good up da hood bro. Enjoy.

Also, where in ggaon are u? Am at sec22, near Palam vihar. With so many ppl from ggaon, seems we need another HFV meet up of ggaon mates yet open for all who want to come in. The last one went fabulous with quite a few friends turning up at gurgaon.

Thanks Rahul. Even I think I made the right choice. I was watching The Notebook the other day and there was a war scene in the movie. The bombing scene actually made me feel vibrations in the room. The speaker produces a hell lot of bass whenever required, of course without compromising vocals. I don't think I would ever need a sub, even if I decide to go for a HT setup.

Would you explain the distance thingy please?

The amp cost me 17.5k with bill and warranty.

The distance is referred to as "excursion"

Excursion is defined as how far the cone of a speaker linearly travels from its resting position. In general lower frequency drivers or subwoofers are designed to move more air and have more excursion than those of higher frequency.

I did not mean the pricing, rather the gauge. You wont realise the benefit of using 12 gauge compared to even 16 for the length of speaker cable you have purchased.

I have no comments to make on this comment. :rolleyes:
I am thinking of compiling a list of "Suri"sm's, to compare with Shri George Bush :eek:hyeah:

-Jinx.

Also, where in ggaon are u? Am at sec22, near Palam vihar. With so many ppl from ggaon, seems we need another HFV meet up of ggaon mates yet open for all who want to come in. The last one went fabulous with quite a few friends turning up at gurgaon.

I live in Navi Mumbai, Siddharth. May be I would be more inclined to join a Mumbai meet. :D

The distance is referred to as "excursion"

Excursion is defined as how far the cone of a speaker linearly travels from its resting position. In general lower frequency drivers or subwoofers are designed to move more air and have more excursion than those of higher frequency.

Completely got it. Thanks. By the way what's the burn-in period of the C405? I think I've played them for about 25 hours so far!

congratulations! enjoy the music.

And lovely pictures. What camera do you use?

Thanks. It's Nikon D40 with kit 18-55. Love my baby DSLR. :eek:hyeah:

I did not mean the pricing, rather the gauge. You wont realise the benefit of using 12 gauge compared to even 16 for the length of speaker cable you have purchased.

Oh! Got it. That means I could have saved about 400 rupees by going in for the 90/metre cable (don't remember the gauge though). But anyways 400 is not too much money and it gives a good feel to have something better than it was supposed to be. Lol.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back