My Experience with Epson EH-TW9400 / Pro Cinema 6050UB

Hey man, i'm also in the same boat, cant decide between benq 5700 and this one. My throw distance is arnd 13ft from screen and seating area arnd 7-8ft from screen. All my content are 4k hdr atmos files to be played using a nvidia shield pro and via denon x2700h. Please share what's your thought on the sharpness since it's not a true 4k projector. It does upto 4m px so im kinda concerned.
I couldnt decide either and started hunting for other options and my budget was not permitting. Anyhow there were two aspects for me. Benq is a DLP based and have moving parts like color wheel. Had bad experience with it In the past. Second major thing is the aspect ratio itself. I was planning for cinema scope and in Benq you can not get it without an expensive anamorphic lens. While Epson can give you auto zoo and focus with a click of a button. ( though technically you are loosing some pixels in the dark bars) These are the two minus points for me however I read in other reviews that DLP is always more sharper, but may not be at this price range and its not a point to compare.

Hi All, have been searching for a few answers, any help will be appreciated.

OUTLINE - I am looking for a projector and would want some help in deciding. This would be my very 1st projector. The room is 10 by 12 feet. So I will have roughly 9-10 feet of viewing distance. Almost everyone I have met has told me that a projector is a waste for such a distance, more so when I told them I would most probably put a 100 inch screen in that space. The room is a TV/guest room, so I would say 99% dedicated TV room, which i will get painted in dark grey and put up an ALR screen.

PROJECTOR - I have seen 100's of hours of youtube footage, and I am still undecided, mostly because what type of projector would suit my need. My minimum requirement is 4K (Faux is the one that would come in my budget), HDR, deeper blacks, 3LCD over Single chip DLP, good connectivity options, and if possible wifi enabled/smart projector. Also, if anyone can tell me if it matters for sound output purposes what a projector should have (If I want to have Atmos).

MY PROJECTOR CHOICES - From what I have seen, read and understood from various reviews I have gone through, I liked few of the projectors mentioned below, I liked a few more but not mentioning as they are way out of budget, and no point discussing their pros/cons.

1. Epson EH-TW9400 - In Budget

2. BenQ W5700 - In Budget

3. ViewSonic X100-4K + - Newly launched, They are claiming this to be true 4K and LED light source. - Slightly Out of Budget

4. Epson EH-LS500B UST - I really wanted a UST projector to be honest, but Vava has no official Indian store, Optoma P2 was out of budget. Did not even think of Sony. - In Budget

Demo - As this would be my 1st projector, I was wondering if I could get a demo of any of the above mentioned projector anywhere in Delhi-NCR. I would really like to see how the picture looks when I look at it in person, and not through my laptop as I have been doing for reviews.

Thanks

My viewing distance is 9-10 feet with 100inch screen.
what you asked in this PROJECTOR section is almost 9400 have.Have u gone through reviews of 9400 and links i shared here?How much i am satisfied with 9400 you must have read in this post already i believe

"No other projector comes close at this price"

"nothing else comes close at this price"

"very, very, good, but more to the point, a lot better than most of the similarly priced competition!"

Last edited:
Now, trying to calibrate to get more perfection. Though the out of box settings are very good, just want to try the calibration.

But not sure where to start with... the basics of calibration and whether i can do it with my mobile or i need to buy a light meter... what exactly have to look in the light meter etc... let me explore and if any of you have some experience in calibration please share.
Below are settings if u like to use but i don't recommend rather no one will advice to use that.I did used these calibrated settings but revert to default now,reason being calibrated settings are based on Lamp,distance ,room surroundings etc etc...( you get my point).

https://sites.google.com/view/dreaming-cinema/home

I was going to suggest the same settings and I am using this in my projector. It has absolutely made a day and night difference in the HDR experience on my projector. Maybe I am just lucky that my piece is similar to the one this guy had but I cannot recommend his settings enough.

I am using the HDR accurate ones most often at night and sometimes switch to HDR bright in the day. He has mentioned that he uses High mode, however, I am primarily using just the medium or eco mode and I find even that to be too bright.

Can I ask people, the cost of their TW9400's ? Just because I am a bit confused. I am very sure I had seen somewhere on this forum, people getting TW9400 in around 1.9L, but everywhere I see, the cost ranges from 2.4L to 2.8L (Online). I have yet to visit any offline store due to Covid, and as such, in Delhi NCR region it is seemingly difficult to find any good AV stores.

You will need to visit stores and bargain , most dealers agree for a price anywhere between 1.86L-1.94L.
I ordered one for my brother yesterday in Bangalore through one of my trusted AV dealer around this price. And also ordered Benq W2700 for my personal use that I may get delivered tomorrow. If someone is looking to buy in Bangalore I can extend my help :) and I have to thank all the members here for their feedback which helped me to decide my purchase. -Ram

I ordered one for my brother yesterday in Bangalore through one of my trusted AV dealer around this price. And also ordered Benq W2700 for my personal use that I may get delivered tomorrow. If someone is looking to buy in Bangalore I can extend my help :) and I have to thank all the members here for their feedback which helped me to decide my purchase. -Ram
please share reviews

You will need to visit stores and bargain , most dealers agree for a price anywhere between 1.86L-1.94L.
Thanks, will do that, it's difficult to find many dealers in Delhi NCR region.
Thanks Ram. Can you please let me know from which dealer in Bangalore you bought your PJ's from. If I am unable to find any good dealer or prices in Delhi, then I have a family member there, I'll ask them to ship me one. Would appreciate your help, thanks.

Thanks, will do that, it's difficult to find many dealers in Delhi NCR region.

Thanks Ram. Can you please let me know from which dealer in Bangalore you bought your PJ's from. If I am unable to find any good dealer or prices in Delhi, then I have a family member there, I'll ask them to ship me one. Would appreciate your help, thanks.
Sent you the the details on IM.

Hi Sumanth,

That's very good to hear. May I know what price did you get in Bangalore and from where.
I got two quotes honestly, 1 was ready to give for 1.89L (My own Acoustics Guy)
Other one is giving me for 1.86L.

If you got the projector at a much better rate then Plz PM me. That will be of much help.

Hi Sumanth,

That's very good to hear. May I know what price did you get in Bangalore and from where.
I got two quotes honestly, 1 was ready to give for 1.89L (My own Acoustics Guy)
Other one is giving me for 1.86L.

If you got the projector at a much better rate then Plz PM me. That will be of much help.
As I know this is the best price you get on this project model. However I can send you the details on IM.

Hi

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

I am currently in the midst of choosing between the Epson TW9400 and the LG 810 projectors. I am currently leaning towards the Epson. This is based on all the reviews only as a demo of the projector is not possible owing to lack of stock. I have demoed the LG and I liked it for its sharpness and colours. However, I believe that the Epson does better blacks.

Has anybody compared the Epson to the LG? How do they compare? The projector will be in my living room with untreated walls.

Also, I have read on various forums that being an LCD projector, the Epson suffers from dust blobs. Has anyone experienced this? How can it be prevented. Can it be cleaned in way which does not damage the projector?

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks

Epson projectors have dust filters. It can be cleaned/ replaced.

Unless you're in a heavily polluted place, I don't think you've anything to worry.

You can see many ownership reviews on 9400. It is a great projector for the price you pay.

Hi

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

I am currently in the midst of choosing between the Epson TW9400 and the LG 810 projectors. I am currently leaning towards the Epson. This is based on all the reviews only as a demo of the projector is not possible owing to lack of stock. I have demoed the LG and I liked it for its sharpness and colours. However, I believe that the Epson does better blacks.

Has anybody compared the Epson to the LG? How do they compare? The projector will be in my living room with untreated walls.

Also, I have read on various forums that being an LCD projector, the Epson suffers from dust blobs. Has anyone experienced this? How can it be prevented. Can it be cleaned in way which does not damage the projector?

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks
BTW are these two projectors is in the same price band? May I know what are the prices offered?

According to avshack, it's 3.8. Epson can be had for 1.8 - 2.0. The prices are inflated. LG is a laser though. Epson's bulbs are affordable.

Epson has already showcased a laser equivalent of 9400. Must be worth waiting. But how long, ? No idea.

According to avshack, it's 3.8. Epson can be had for 1.8 - 2.0. The prices are inflated. LG is a laser though. Epson's bulbs are affordable.

Epson has already showcased a laser equivalent of 9400. Must be worth waiting. But how long, ? No idea.

Eagerly waiting for the reviews to be out of Epson EH LS 12000B with double the contrast and no 3D. Price might 1.5 times of 9400.​

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back