My first audiophile stereo set up

Rupinder

i have always been in listening to good music.since last 2 years i have been quite into car audio and got my self a good car audio using scan speak revelator series.of midbass,midrange and tweeter . i am running them active using pioneer p99rs head unit.
recently my friends told me of a offer on some good audio equipment and trusting their judgment i ordered my self my first audiophile home audio stereo set up
1.source is Yamaha cd-s1000
2.amp is Yamaha a-s 2000
3.speakers jbl 4312 e studio monitors

just got the jbl monitors and they are heavy with 17kg per monitor .i am waiting delivery of my amp and source which i hope to get in the coming week.
the monitors have a break in period of between 100-200 hours .
hope this setup will quench my thirst of quality audio and will launch me into audio nirvana.

Rupinder congratulations how much did you pay for the cd player and the amp? Please share your impressions of the CD player and Amp

Last edited:
Congrats, Rupinder! That's some really good kit. (Really good stuff in your car too! Which amps?)

I know somebody in Mumbai who uses the same speakers, amp and CDP, along with a MicroSeiki TT. What a coincidence!

Paaji Congrats Nice Setup!! Enjoy now!!

thanks hemant

Rupinder congratulations how much did you pay for the cd player and the amp? Please share your impressions of the CD player and Amp

olly i still havent received the amp and cdp so cant tell you my impressions.price i will tell you in pm

Congrats, Rupinder! That's some really good kit. (Really good stuff in your car too! Which amps?)

I know somebody in Mumbai who uses the same speakers, amp and CDP, along with a MicroSeiki TT. What a coincidence!

hydra sir i am using twp mosconi as 100.4 amps in my car.
about the guy in mumbai that must be Sam and if it is sam then u must have judged who helped me get this kit

Rupinder; said:
i am using twp mosconi as 100.4 amps in my car.
about the guy in mumbai that must be Sam and if it is sam then u must have judged who helped me get this kit

Yup, it was Sam I was speaking of :)

Your car must sound really good too! Great kit there!

Do post pics of your home and car setups!

got my yamaha amp and cd player.the rca interconnects are van den hul d-300 mk111.bu there was a problem the amp is very voltage sensitive and went into protective mode .talke d to jasdeep and got my self a ups apc back ups pro 1500va.
the amp and speakers are undergoing the breaking in and slowly coming to life.
i would require help of you guys to guide to make a proper amp rack and speaker stands. or may be i will get a whole entertainment center rack made

How much did you pay for the JBLs. I was quoted 95 k pair in kolkata. I bought Focal chorus 726v instead. But still have a crush for the JBLs. :licklips:

Yeah we all know him na? ;)

I know another person using the P99RS in Faridabad. I suppose you know HIM too? ;)

@navin advani i think you are talking about lbm. i dont know him persay but audio freaks are known to each other directly or indirectly.
i know that we are 2 person in ludhiana using p99 and another couple of ppl using p99 in chandigarh.
also know a guy in ambala having the a-s2000 and jbl4312 speakers and he had to buy a ups due to voltage issues

Yup, it was Sam I was speaking of :)

Your car must sound really good too! Great kit there!

Do post pics of your home and car setups!

Hey hydra! I might be changing my car soon. Can u pm me your number? I need to take some gyan on ICE.

@navin advani i think you are talking about lbm. i dont know him persay but audio freaks are known to each other directly or indirectly.
i know that we are 2 person in ludhiana using p99 and another couple of ppl using p99 in chandigarh.
also know a guy in ambala having the a-s2000 and jbl4312 speakers and he had to buy a ups due to voltage issues

Rocking in the Punjab!! Congrats on your setup. Do post pictures of your setup if you can.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back