My first set up - Need expert Guidance

ravrocks

Hi All.. This is Ravi here and I am new member.. I am planning to set up my first Home theater system and need your expert guidance on the following

My need : 50% music 50% movies
Room size : 15 ft * 11ft
Budget : 1L
Planning to buy from home cinema E-city 2 as of now

1. What to buy ?
Option A : HTIB - yht 3720 - as I need to first listen to and make choices as per my preference

Option B : AVR - denon 1600 + polka F and Center.. Later invest on add on speaker

Option C : AVR + 5.1 speaker set polka/elac/ta go

TIA

Hi All.. A reply would be helpful.. I have an option of getting a display unit of Yamaha 3720 for 45k.. Pls let me know if that would be good to take as of now and later invest in costly setup.
TIA

Option B is the most practical since you I have mentioned 50% music and 50% movies.

But then again as a disclaimer I use only a bose 3.1 ( front and center) with a sub for all movies and have a separate system for audio ;)

Alternatively, If you limit your AVR budget to 50K, (eg this) you can get a Fyne audio 301 and matching center speaker for 50K .. I have found these as exceptional value and quality speakers but folks here can chime in with other brands as well. my guess is this will sound better than your option B.
For surround etc you need not go for the same brand but try and choose speakers with a similiar sensitivity.

I have referred to Hifimart above but you can of course find these in your local brick and mortar shop as well.

Option B is the most practical since you I have mentioned 50% music and 50% movies.

But then again as a disclaimer I use only a bose 3.1 ( front and center) with a sub for all movies and have a separate system for audio ;)

Alternatively, If you limit your AVR budget to 50K, (eg this) you can get a Fyne audio 301 and matching center speaker for 50K .. I have found these as exceptional value and quality speakers but folks here can chime in with other brands as well. my guess is this will sound better than your option B.
For surround etc you need not go for the same brand but try and choose speakers with a similiar sensitivity.

I have referred to Hifimart above but you can of course find these in your local brick and mortar shop as well.
Hi.. Thank you for reply :) and inputs.. I was looking at denon 1600 as I want an 7.1 setup later on may be in year or so.. Not looking to reinvest in avr again so going for 1600 - pls suggest if other option can fit in
I will surely check out the speakers who have recommend :)
I also have an quote for denon 1600 + Polk T series 5.1.2 speaker for 1.2 L - pls let me know ur view

My 2c advice, invest in good speaker package and if possible from the beginning go for a 5.0.2 or 5.1.2 setup.

AVRs are taking typical electronics path and may require upgrade after couple of years. Denon 1600 is a good choice btw.

Hi.. Thank you for reply :) and inputs.. I was looking at denon 1600 as I want an 7.1 setup later on may be in year or so.. Not looking to reinvest in avr again so going for 1600 - pls suggest if other option can fit in
I also have an quote for denon 1600 + Polk T series 5.1.2 speaker for 1.2 L - pls let me know ur view
Hello @ravrocks , based on my and few FM's experience, Denon and POLKs combo is on a brighter side and might cause ear fatigue very soon. If you have auditioned them already and liked the sound, then go for it.

Hello @ravrocks , based on my and few FM's experience, Denon and POLKs combo is on a brighter side and might cause ear fatigue very soon. If you have auditioned them already and liked the sound, then go for it.
Hi Pratyush... Thank you for the insight... I have not done any audition as of now , planning tomorrow.. Pls recommend any other good choice :)

My 2c advice, invest in good speaker package and if possible from the beginning go for a 5.0.2 or 5.1.2 setup.

AVRs are taking typical electronics path and may require upgrade after couple of years. Denon 1600 is a good choice btw.
Thanks neogen.. As highlight I am a new to this and will take note of ur advice on avr.. In that case should I opt for 3720 first

Hi
I suggest to demo few speaker which are one time investment stays for 15-20years if used properly n there wound be any up gradation itch if u like selected correct one.
u can get multiple recommendations but finally u r the best person to trust ur ear n finalise the good taste u n ur ear likes most.

According to me u demo below n see if u like any …
Avr u buy which have preout which is very useful to u to any power amp or to connect multi zone in Better manner or future upgration tech logs can be made easy later time.
1-indiq diamond misra budget
2-QAcoustic 3050i r concept 40
3-KEF speakers
4-monito audio
5-dali
6-Polk
7-taga
8-dynavoice

Hi All.. This is Ravi here and I am new member.. I am planning to set up my first Home theater system and need your expert guidance on the following

My need : 50% music 50% movies
Room size : 15 ft * 11ft
Budget : 1L
Planning to buy from home cinema E-city 2 as of now

1. What to buy ?
Option A : HTIB - yht 3720 - as I need to first listen to and make choices as per my preference

Option B : AVR - denon 1600 + polka F and Center.. Later invest on add on speaker

Option C : AVR + 5.1 speaker set polka/elac/ta go

TIA

I would suggest go with Option B.

I have a Denon and Polk combo for my HT setup and very happy with it.

Which Polk speakers are you considering ?

Hi Pratyush... Thank you for the insight... I have not done any audition as of now , planning tomorrow.. Pls recommend any other good choice :)

Thanks neogen.. As highlight I am a new to this and will take note of ur advice on avr.. In that case should I opt for 3720 first
Dont recommend HTIB 3720.

Option B seems to be good, for eg:
Denon 1600 ~55k
5.0 speaker package ~30k
SW ~25k

Total ~110k

Do audition almost all speakers as mentioned by @nvnaveen

Hi All.. Thank you for the guidance and knowledge so far.. Just an update from my side.. I went for auditions yesterday to home cinema in ecity and tried out the speakers they had , the following were my observations based on listening point only as a newbie.
Checked out only front L R with/without
1.Polk S series - was on brighter side as FM's highlighted
2. Taga 607 - was good when compared to Polk and had a good feel overall
3.xtz - overall were mild and provide subtle bass when required - liked it
4.kef - best of the lot for vocals and overall but would like to hear will it be good for movies ?
5. QA - 3030I - stands between taga and xtz

Next stop indiq and modern world for more auditions..

Hi All.. In the timeline left to audition the rest of the speakers , I wanted the advice and view of FM's on the avr.. This the central HUB that runs the show and I want to get it right.. The options on my hand are
1.Pre loved denonx2600h - ~55 to 60 k
2. New denon x2700 - 67k
3. New denon x1600 - 56k
4. New Yamaha Rx V6a - 60 k
5. New Pioneer LX304 - 75k

I am open to other options but max budget is 65k for avr and rest 65k is required for good Front and center.

TIA

Last edited:
Hi All.. In the timeline left to audition the rest of the speakers , I wanted the advice and view of FM's on the avr.. This the central HUB that runs the show and I want to get it right.. The options on my hand are
2. New denon x2700 - 67k
3. New denon x1600 - 56k

I am open to other options but max budget is 65k for avr and rest 65k is required for good Front and center.

TIA
Hi FM's

Guidance would be helpful :)

2. New denon x2700 - 67k
3. New denon x1600 - 56k

TIA
2 and 4 both are good option. Even 1 can be considered.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back