My Home Theater Hunt....

Need one information....
My front speakers are rated 8 ohms and my center and surrounds are rated 6 ohms. Will there be any issue with this setup?
No.. there won't be a problem.. you can set the AVR to use 6ohm.. you can refer the receiver manual

If I set the receiver to 6 ohms then the front speakers will work on 6 ohms or 8 ohms, Any compatibility issue?
I have Yamaha 683 and I read it in the manual, that the impedance should be set to lowest impedance in all the speakers.. So I have 3 8Ohm and 2 6Ohm speakers, So I have set the receiver to 6Ohm.. I must say that the receiver works even if I set it to 8Ohm.. Dont understand the technical things, so went by what the manual says
You can read the manual and it should be mentioned somewhere

If I set the receiver to 6 ohms then the front speakers will work on 6 ohms or 8 ohms, Any compatibility issue?

Auto calibration takes care of all these things....

From a technical stand point...always match amps and speakers at same impedance or higher...meaning...if amp is 6 ohms....the speakers should be 6 ohms or higher......this saves the amp from overheating.....and then causing issues during long playback

Sure, once it comes, share pics and your first hand experience....it will help others for making possible purchases in the near future

Received A26 on Saturday, Thanks efernand1 for your suggestion.
Really great speakers, not harsh to my ears, Music listing is a pleasure on these. My room is 10" X 12" and for music listning there is no need for sub, they really go deep. Enjoying movies and music on this.
My setup pics...IMG_20180729_120812.jpgIMG_20180729_120934.jpg

Received A26 on Saturday, Thanks @efernand1 for your suggestion.
Really great speakers, not harsh to my ears, Music listing is a pleasure on these. My room is 10" X 12" and for music listning there is no need for sub, they really go deep.

Congrats on a nice speakers..

Enjoying movies and music on this.
View attachment 29155

Hope, after connecting two speakers per surround in series, there isn't an issue with AVR..

Hope, after connecting two speakers per surround in series, there isn't an issue with AVR..

Didn't find any issue until now, In comparison with A26 they are weak. need to upgrade asap.
I will go with sub update first then center and surrounds.

Received A26 on Saturday, Thanks efernand1 for your suggestion.
Really great speakers, not harsh to my ears, Music listing is a pleasure on these. My room is 10" X 12" and for music listning there is no need for sub, they really go deep. Enjoying movies and music on this.
My setup pics...View attachment 29154View attachment 29155

Looks good.....congrats

Better update soon and properly the remaining speakers (including sub).

For surrounds and center....you can consider these from ProFx...they usually rope in 10 to 15% discount....

http://www.profx.com/browseproduct?brandId=17&catId=14&menu=1&aclass=2&subcatId=44

Or consider Bostons....

https://www.amazon.in/Boston-Acoust...=1532937723&sr=8-13&keywords=boston+acoustics

https://www.amazon.in/Boston-Acoust...=1532937723&sr=8-14&keywords=boston+acoustics

Or

JBL as surrounds...

https://www.amazon.in/JBL-Control-B...scsubtag=820fa44a-715d-46e7-97e5-484c2a2db380

Sub, the HTS 12 is really good...i heard the same for the What Hi Fi show in Mumbai (March 2018)...given your room size HTS 10 will do...

http://www.profx.com/browseproduct?brandId=0&catId=17&menu=1&aclass=2&subcatId=16

Alternatively, you can look at BIC America or Taga......

Audition where possible,,,,check with multiple dealers and different online portals for the best price.....

All the best!

One more thing need to know when I play a Blu-Ray disc through Sony player my AVR will show 'True HD' or 'DTS Master Audio' or not?
My AVR only showing Blu-ray nothing else.

One more thing need to know when I play a Blu-Ray disc through Sony player my AVR will show 'True HD' or 'DTS Master Audio' or not?

It depends on the content....if it is Original DD or DTS, it will show on screen...it does show on my Marantz when i use such content....

It will show DTS-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD depending upon the bluray encoding. You have to press the "info" key in yamaha remote and select the option to show encoding

Today I Play a Blu-Ray movie (13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi) which has a Dolby TrueHD soundtrack.
In my AVR it was showing PCM - 2/-/- only. Then I check my Sony player setting and found sound output setting was HDMI+Speaker.
I changed that to HDMI only and play the movie. Now my AVR showing PCM - 3/2/0.1.
Is it ok?

I am not sure of the player model you are using but whatever you did has improved the playback to some extent.

I kept my player settings as BitStream

The player is Sony 3100Bulray HTIB, I am using this to feed my AVR. It doesn't have a setting for BitStream.
Why the avr showing PCM? It should show TrueHD or Master audio..... Don't know what is going on.

whatever you did has improved the playback to some extent.
Yes, I can feel the difference.

One more issue... AVR not able to detect video files through USB (Formatted in FAT32), it can detect flacs on that same drive.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back