My Home Theater Setup

I have near about not been to a cinema hall since 5/6 years otherwise i used to go around 3 to 5 times a month that to at a travel distance of around 12 KM (One way).

It is nice to come across people who rarely go to a cinema hall and prefer to watch movies at home.

V.

I too rarely go to the cinema. Other than really must watch movies, I prefer my HT any day.

Even me! Although, I am not a cinema freak & it takes some real effort for my folks to convince me to go to a theater, but I am always up for watching a movie on my HT.
Last night only some relatives came over & we had a a great time watching 'Oh My God' last night on my 'home box office':D

The main deterrents for not going to a theater for me would be the insane & rude crowd. Plus, if you do not like the movie, you feel cheated of your money & you have no option other than either to walk-off (difficult to do as you spent so much) or to 'jhel' the movie!

On an HT, you can always choose what to watch, change the movie mid way if you dont like it and the main thing is that you can watch the movies which are currently not running in the theaters!

Regards,

Saket

Ah! I can give 15 reasons (if not 50) why a visit to cinema hall (in India) is a painful exercise. My worst experience was when no parking was available, I had to park on the road side and my Santro wipers were stolen.

Financial aspects too...
Going to a movie today typically is not cheap either. For a couple, ticket cost is at least 500 (250X2). Add some snacks, water...which are sold at high premiums in the multiplexes...add another 150-200 bucks. Commute...if in a car, petrol cost..considering the theater is 7-8 kms, you end up with petrol expenses as much as 100/-. Then parking at the mall..which can be anything between 30-50/- So, you spend at least 800-900 bucks just for 2 people. If there are more members (& unfortunately you pay for all), then this amount will increase exponentially.:D No, I am not a grasping old miser but it's far more cheaper, convenient & relaxing to watch movie at home. Just like just4kix mentioned, you don't even have to worry about the treatment that your car would be getting at the parking, more so, if you love your car or you are a car enthusiast.

It's so much better to enjoy the snacks you prefer which can be other than chips & popcorn typically sold at malls & watch the movie.
You can watch late night shows at home without worrying about loved one's safety while returning to your home at un-humanly hours. More so, if you use public transport.

Although, my investment was not too high for HT, but still I think that I have recovered more than 2/3 of my investment watching movies at home. Should I mention that I got it set up just 4 months back in December?

Last edited:
Exactly, friend. And that is why, I buy movies. Not that I never visit the halls. But it takes a real good movie and a blockbuster to drag me there.

Very true!!

Indeed a HT at home is a bliss ..:clapping::yahoo:
its worth every single penny i have spent...but unfortunately work keeps us so much occupied i am not able to do justice to the setup lately!!

in near future it would be a common trend in Metros for sure:cool:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back