My Home Theater Setup

Congrats man.. nicely done.

Could you please put the pic of the viewing area without any movies playing like when seated in the sofa. (just want to drool over the screen and others) :D

Last edited:
Your WIP looks on great track. I am sure that when finally up, it will give even funcinemas a run for their money!
BTW, jokes apart, its a totally professional level job that you have done! Shoudl turn out great when completed.

Regards.

Congratulations on your wonderful setup. Do you use XBOX kinect? Does it have any issue with projector?

I have kinect but it is a problem as when you stand infron of projector the screen gets blocked with the shadow..

if you have adeqaute space we can also use a product which zooms kinect lens and keep it at a distance(left or right side) not in centre

;)

Congrats man.. nicely done.

Could you please put the pic of the viewing area without any movies playing like when seated in the sofa. (just want to drool over the screen and others) :D

Sure shall put in a pic today or tomorrow..the

Lazyboy are super expensive ..till i find an alternative have placed a ground sitting arrangement

which everybdy in my family likes :)

Your WIP looks on great track. I am sure that when finally up, it will give even funcinemas a run for their money!
BTW, jokes apart, its a totally professional level job that you have done! Shoudl turn out great when completed.

Regards.

Hi..check the latest pic..the work is completed have posted pics on page 4

Hi..check the latest pic..the work is completed have posted pics on page 4

HOLY COW! How did I miss it! It can seriously give some theaters a run for their money! Thats an amazing amazing set up.

BTW, I am planning to report your post to the moderators for banning you for enticing jealousy & pushing other members to spend their hard earned money!!:D:D

Cool.

HOLY COW! How did I miss it! It can seriously give some theaters a run for their money! Thats an amazing amazing set up.

BTW, I am planning to report your post to the moderators for banning you for enticing jealousy & pushing other members to spend their hard earned money!!:D:D

Cool.

haa....i actually did not spend much...but had to run places to get wholesale price...
the HT was one of the reasons i shifted to my home back in gurgan from mumbai :D

Anuj,

A very good effort. Congratulation.

The theater is in the basement and has 3 rooms. a bedroom, Gym, and his favorite movie/entertainment room. There is a mini bar too.

Anuj's mother has played a crucial role during the making of entertainment room.

I like the grand stair case entrance too.

There are very few who can be so innovative, keep it up, you too Anuj, will be a great inspiration to others for making a dedicated entertainment room from start to finish that too with absolute minimum help from professionals.

So Anuj, have you reduced going to cinema halls since now you have your own movie room.

V.

have not been updating thread from long time

well here are the pics for HT
it was wonderful to meet vinay as well

the entrance to HT
img2042uo.jpg

img2043uf.jpg

img2033e.jpg

img2032mfs.jpg

img2031g.jpg

img2029id.jpg

img2041ij.jpg

img2040ae.jpg

img2018o.jpg

img2023xn.jpg

img2022us.jpg

img2020v.jpg

img2017t.jpg

img2016wm.jpg

some screenshots ..of standard 700 MB non HD movie
img2038h.jpg

img2039kt.jpg

i would be happy to answer any questions

Last edited:
Anuj,

A very good effort. Congratulation.

The theater is in the basement and has 3 rooms. a bedroom, Gym, and his favorite movie/entertainment room. There is a mini bar too.

Anuj's mother has played a crucial role during the making of entertainment room.

I like the grand stair case entrance too.

There are very few who can be so innovative, keep it up, you too Anuj, will be a great inspiration to others for making a dedicated entertainment room from start to finish that too with absolute minimum help from professionals.

So Anuj, have you reduced going to cinema halls since now you have your own movie room.

V.

yes Vinay,its been around 3 month i have not gone to cinema halls,
but one should patiently wait for the gr8 print to come

Not using the HT to its full capacity...as of now!!

Anuj,

It is great that you have not been to a cinema hall for 3 months, this is the way it should be keeping in mind the amount of money and time you have spent in making your private cinema room. It is very important to use such marvel of room at a greater time portions, i near about watch something or the other daily.

The great prints generally come in 2/3 months as far as Hindi movies, it is worth the wait while with English movies many a times we can get to see even before it releases in India, and there are many of them which never get released in our soil, if these good factors are not enough, we get to see so many foreign television serials, which would not be aired here and even if it does then it could happen after quite some time and that too with so many advertisements and most importantly we are slaves to their timing to watch while we can view as and when we want, that too in parts etc if the need be.

In view to these and more factors we are way ahead over all to see video content in our personal entertainment room then going to a multiplex.

V.

Last edited:
WOW amazing detailing- CONGRATS Sethi.

Hope you are enjoying it evry minute of watching.

Hope you will share the details for helping us to setup our HT :clapping:

WOW amazing detailing- CONGRATS Sethi.

Hope you are enjoying it evry minute of watching.

Hope you will share the details for helping us to setup our HT :clapping:

hi details from WIP to completion is in thread...any help you may ping you..would be happy to help FM any day

Anuj,

It is great that you have not been to a cinema hall for 3 months, this is the way it should be keeping in mind the amount of money and time you have spent in making your private cinema room. It is very important to use such marvel of room at a greater time portions, i near about watch something or the other daily.

The great prints generally come in 2/3 months as far as Hindi movies, it is worth the wait while with English movies many a times we can get to see even before it releases in India, and there are many of them which never get released in our soil, if these good factors are not enough, we get to see so many foreign television serials, which would not be aired here and even if it does then it could happen after quite some time and that too with so many advertisements and most importantly we are slaves to their timing to watch while we can view as and when we want, that too in parts etc if the need be.

In view to these and more factors we are way ahead over all to see video content in our personal entertainment room then going to a multiplex.

V.

I too rarely go to the cinema. Other than really must watch movies, I prefer my HT any day. In the last 12 months, I saw the following at the cinemas:

- The Hobbit
- Skyfall
- The Amazing Spiderman (only because my son refused to wait for the BD)
- Men in Black III (only because my son refused to wait for the BD)
- Prometheus
- maybe one or two more (I have short term memory :))

Congratulations on your wonderful setup. Do you use XBOX kinect? Does it have any issue with projector?

hi..just wanted to update!! have been using Kinect in HT setup and its working flawlessly...just it has to be a bit away from screen...shall post a pic soon

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back