My Home Theater Setup

I would recommend APC UPS. I got 2 of them one for HTPC and one for Projector. I would suggest you just buy one with a bigger capacity and not repeat the mistake I made by increasing the number of equipment!
I can provide you the details of the distributor in Nehru place who can give you the best price and genuine stuff as he is directly from APC company.
I would also recommend a full sinewave offline UPS. This will not have any chnageover in case of Powercut as it always runs on battery and the battery consistently gets charged.

I would recommend APC UPS. I got 2 of them one for HTPC and one for Projector. I would suggest you just buy one with a bigger capacity and not repeat the mistake I made by increasing the number of equipment!
I can provide you the details of the distributor in Nehru place who can give you the best price and genuine stuff as he is directly from APC company.
I would also recommend a full sinewave offline UPS. This will not have any chnageover in case of Powercut as it always runs on battery and the battery consistently gets charged.

have bought all the concealed lights for HT from bhagirath ...will visit them again this weekend

it would be gr8 if you could provide number for APC distributor...as most of time i am travelling..i just barge back one weekend at home and have to do all shopping :p

anuj,

Can you repost the pics again? I'm not able to see them.

The galaxy ceiling looks exciting, something even I've been searching for quite sometime. I've talked to couple of contacts but they didnt have pure white stars based galaxy ceiling wallpapers..they had those glowing ones, which I didnt want..

Great thread. Nice reading it. Congrats on your HT in the making! I will PM you for acoustics. My house is still coming up, still a few months before I can touch my HT room to be.

What is the progress on the ceiling?

Have you considered using powerconditioning equipment (like the ones from Monster or similar brands)? I use an 2KV APC UPS for my projector. My Denon is not supposed to be connected to a UPS (or so says the warning). So you need to make sure all your equipment is going to work with the UPS.

Do keep us updated.

Last edited:
Contact details of APC Distributor in Delhi:

Kapil Tripathi
Ph. 9555282626

MARTECH SYSTEMS & SERVICES
605, Siddhartha Building 96, Nehru Place,
New Delhi- 110019, Tel +91-11-42669999
Fax +91-11-26238940

Please remember to do a lot of bargaining as they do reduce the price by up to 15% with bargaining. Also they give complete valid bill and 2 year on site warranty. They also have all the models available.

Re: My Home Theater Setup--Updated pics

hi
sorry for being invisible have been out of town for 2-3 months thus HT project was kept on hold

have been back since a week and tried to finish the room ASAP

below are the pics, would be happy to answer any queries/questions

(1) Entry to home Theater
IMG_1119.jpg

(2) The Vacant area is for a BAR which would come soon :yahoo:
IMG_1132.jpg

(3) this is the enterence form Indisde the room ( the wall carpet and roof carpet are left :mad:
IMG_1120.jpg

(4)
IMG_1121.jpg

(5) The screen area where fixed screen would be placed
IMG_1122.jpg

(6) Screen
IMG_1123.jpg

(7) The back of HT room , furniture is a temp one, would try to replace over a period of time with Home theater furniture
IMG_1124.jpg

(8) Ce-ling of room
IMG_1125.jpg

(9)
IMG_1126.jpg

(10)
IMG_1127.jpg

(11)
IMG_1128.jpg

(12) these are Remote control switches the HT lights would be controlled by Logitech Harmony 1000
IMG_1129.jpg

(13)
IMG_1130.jpg

(14)
IMG_1131.jpg

Very good progress Anuj!

Is the elephant a decorative piece you will keep in here or remove? IT will be a distraction while wathing movies.

Wich company are the remote control switches? How many lights will they be able to control?

@ special thnx to aloklala and Vinay for helping me at every step for queries..the work is still half way done

@alok : elephant is decoratve piece which is just kept there...will get it removed, the light controlled switched are from ebay india for 1000 rs( one set) bought 2 of them and iy contains 3 switches ( you can out as much lights you want on it :) )

now left is home theater screen, AV setup, Logitech harmony remote setup and carpet which would be placed on walls am looking out for carpet with 2-3 mm thickness as regular carpets are of atleast 6-10 mm thickness

this has increased costing a lot :( thus waiting for right impoter of carpet and hunt is on !!

I have a Harmony 650 Infrared remote which I never use as it controls only the AVR and Projector and not the Sub Woofer and Whirlpool split AC. Also using it is very complicated compared to the original remotes. I am also comfortable with having 4-5 remotes and so Harmony is sitting unused. For this reason I would like to suggest you to evaluate if you will really be able to use the Harmony remote.

I got a carpet from a wholesale dealer of the most simple carpet rolls in Panipat and as I have written in my post it was very cheap. It is thin and easy to clean. I have a pretty hard foam beneath it which makes it soft and fluffy which I like very much.

What are you looking for in AV setup? I did not get that.

Best of Luck.

@alok :- i had already bought logitech harmony 100 on sale around 6 months back..its gr8 and very easy to use(the best ever universal remote) few people say..i work in Mumbai so HT room took lot of time to be completed

i also mentioned earlier in thread i started out with a very very less budget ..for HT:p but after bringing all AV setup ( optoma HD20,Harman Kardon HKTS30 and denon 1312XP) .. it was decided to renovate the basement completely thus giving me space to have separate HT room

i would change the AV equipments later on..but for the meanwhile basic setup for AV is i have

IR switches(net gear company as far as i remember) is availible in database for logitech harmony 1000, that is why bought little expensive, all the lights in HT were bought from bhagirath palace itself:yahoo:

i still have to buy APC UPS as suggested by you, now shifting permanently to gurgaon :eek:hyeah:

@paritosh: Elephant and one leopard leather dummy we have from long time..but someone told its not good for home ( some negative energy n all) thus were sent in the store room ( now my HT :) ) thus its kept there hehe:lol:

i still have to buy APC UPS as suggested by you, now shifting permanently to gurgaon :eek:hyeah:

@paritosh: Elephant and one leopard leather dummy we have from long time..but someone told its not good for home ( some negative energy n all) thus were sent in the store room ( now my HT :) ) thus its kept there hehe:lol:
On of my APC UPS had a battery issue and I complained to their helpline. A guy came and looked at it and said the battery needs to be replaced and will be done in a few days. After a few days they replaced my UPS with a brand new one! This is the best Service I have seen till date!

Please do not put negative energy stuff in the Holy HT Room! :eek:

On of my APC UPS had a battery issue and I complained to their helpline. A guy came and looked at it and said the battery needs to be replaced and will be done in a few days. After a few days they replaced my UPS with a brand new one! This is the best Service I have seen till date!

Please do not put negative energy stuff in the Holy HT Room! :eek:

Nice!! will buy APC for sure..need to install the AV stuff once i am back in Sept

Anuj,

With these latest pictures of your theatre in making i am excited, thanks for sharing these images. I think it will be among the top 5 dedicated theater's in this forum.. Congratulation's. V.

A universal remote is the way to go forward, i think this is a must for a dedicated room because it is too classy and can easily control gadgets including lights etc.

V.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the latest pic..your HT look amazing...would like to watch a show any time..:yahoo: ...just joking ...good job done.:clapping:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back