My home theatre setup - 2-oct-2009 - pyee audio diamond delux amp & 5.1 speaker

Hi iaudio,

Oh god!! Great feedback -:)

The tower is a three way one. Low, High and Mid distribution through high quality passive crossover.
Low - Three drivers on parallel connection (6.5 inch)
Mid - Top driver in the tower (6.5 inch)
High - Soft dome tweeter. (1 inch)

Please visit

:: P Y E E A U D I O ::

Pictures of surround drivers (the placement may be funny. thinking on other options, standing on the space limitations my apartment have -:)) and sub (Thank god!! I got a very good position for deep bass).

At present i am sourcing the audio from philips gogear player. .things have to come like DVD/BDP player
, HD TV etc. I will update regularly.
Surround

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2747/dsc00021nt.jpg

Subwoofer

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4074/dsc00020hq.jpg

The important factor is that

1. Superb sound reproduction (cover the full sound spectrum fairly)
2. Value for money.

Thanks
Habeeb

Last edited:
Hi iaudio,

Oh god!! Great feedback -:)

The tower is a three way one. Low, High and Mid distribution through high quality passive crossover.
Low - Three drivers on parallel connection (6.5 inch)
Mid - Top driver in the tower (6.5 inch)
High - Soft dome tweeter. (1 inch)

Please visit

:: P Y E E A U D I O ::

Pictures of surround drivers (the placement may be funny. thinking on other options, standing on the space limitations my apartment have -:)) and sub (Thank god!! I got a very good position for deep bass).

At present i am sourcing the audio from philips gogear player. .things have to come like DVD/BDP player
, HD TV etc. I will update regularly.
Surround

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2747/dsc00021nt.jpg

Subwoofer

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4074/dsc00020hq.jpg

The important factor is that

1. Superb sound reproduction (cover the full sound spectrum fairly)
2. Value for money.

Habeeb,
Just noticed you are also from Cochin.
Pyee audio is at Palarivattom, neat H&c right?
How is your amp for music, movies etc
Is the sub active? how is it? how much does it cost separately?

Yes. It is at PVTM.

The amp is exceptionally good for both music and videos. (One reason i bought this was ifs performance on music as most of the time i hear music than watch movie.) The music (L and R) can be transformed to 2.1 , 3.1 and 5.1 (pro -logic) by the amp.

Sub is active producing solid deep bass enough for me. Also the amp has extra sub out. In future i may place a polk audio tsw series killer sub woofer as an extra.

The cost is well under 30 K for amp, speaker and installation.
Please contact Mr.Mahadevan, project director of PYEE audio. you can give my name as reference.
His number is 9447042278

Thanks
Habeeb

Yes. It is at PVTM.

The amp is exceptionally good for both music and videos. (One reason i bought this was ifs performance on music as most of the time i hear music than watch movie.) The music (L and R) can be transformed to 2.1 , 3.1 and 5.1 (pro -logic) by the amp.

Sub is active producing solid deep bass enough for me. Also the amp has extra sub out. In future i may place a polk audio tsw series killer sub woofer as an extra.

The cost is well under 30 K for amp, speaker and installation.
Please contact Mr.Mahadevan, project director of PYEE audio. you can give my name as reference.
His number is 9447042278

Thanks
Habeeb
Thanks for the contact info. I need a sub to complete my 5.1 set up, something inexpensive with decent, tight punch. I shall check out pyee sometime. Enjoy your music. 30k is very vfm, and the finish is decent too.

Hi habbeb,

I am from Thiruvalla but all my life in Hyderabad. Nice to know you and hopefully Mr. Mahadevan soon.

Let us know more about this will you. Which reciever you connected?

Above all how is the sound for movies. Let us know soon. some pictures of AMp will be great.

Will talk to Mr. Mahadevan:yahoo:.

Regards,
Anooj.

Just to confirm again. Is he whole package for 30K. Don't tell me.

Last edited:
I remember seeing pyee audio in one of the Vanitha ICE exhibition in JN International stadium, kaloor (~ 2 or 3 years back). Because of the noise and other disturbances, i couldnt do the audition properly. But in that environment i didnt like the SQ (towers look good but the amp has a typical cheap "chinese" look with B/G leds for each knobs..), also i think they were having only MP3 cds \ pen drive with them at that time (dont remember).

Last edited:
Hi Anooj,

I am planning to buy a DVD player (having native DD and DTS decoding) as the source for audio and video.
I listed philips dvp3388/94 (which support 24 bit 192 khz processing on audio side which is a big plus in audio dynamic range) and LG DV388.
My actual plan was to buy a BDPlayer having native decdoding of Dolby Master and DTS HD along with DD and DTS. This plan is on hold due to tight budget.

About the sound on movies, it perfom very well.

I will post the picture of amplifier on Wednesday.
I had actually ordered the variant "Diamond Delux" but unfortunately they deliveed the ordinary Diamond variant (mistake on packaging).
They assured to give the right variant on Wednesday. After that i will place the snaps on forum.

Yes, the amp + speaker + installation is below 30K.

Thanks
Habeeb

Hi cmsajith,
I also had some what similar experience 2-3 years back, but i made a note on them. The environmnet was very noisy and also they had used bad source during the audition(we know that apart from drivers the source quality matter very much on SQ).

I think they had been doing good homework and the audition which i had on last week (they spent around 2 and half hours with me on various sources and formats) shows how much improvement they achieved within 2-3 years.
I had auditioned MP3s on various bit rates. I played 5.1 DD and DTS etc.
I am not a sound enginner or sort of expert to talk all about the quality.
But from my audition experience on sony, lg , samsung, vinverth HTIBs , PEYEE far away outperformed those and i can very much feel the SQ.

I did not audition onkyo, marrantz sort of things. The reason is that those are perfectly out of my budget and i feel there is no point in looking on it.

I will put some snaps of amp on Wednesday. The mentioned "chineese" feeling was not there from my view point. This product is not a chineese one. To the best of my understanding, they are importing the components from Taiwan and getting assembled in Kayankulam, Kerala.

Bottom line is a good sounding system worth for my money. They offer 1 year replacement warranty. and after that normal service . They have a service centre at Palarivattom cochin.

Thanks
Habeeb

I will put some snaps of amp on Wednesday. The mentioned "chineese" feeling was not there from my view point. This product is not a chineese one. To the best of my understanding, they are importing the components from Taiwan and getting assembled in Kayankulam, Kerala.

I said the "chineese" feeling is only on the looks, not the product. They are importing all the parts (not all) and assembling it locally. I forgot to ask the speaker driver brand at that time. The speakers were a little bit forward type, probably thats the reason i didnt like at that time, i like a little bit warmer sound.

But the price it comes and the service backup makes this one far ahead than the the Sony/Philips/LG brands. Happy listening..

Hi cmsajith,
I also had some what similar experience 2-3 years back, but i made a note on them. The environmnet was very noisy and also they had used bad source during the audition(we know that apart from drivers the source quality matter very much on SQ).

I think they had been doing good homework and the audition which i had on last week (they spent around 2 and half hours with me on various sources and formats) shows how much improvement they achieved within 2-3 years.
I had auditioned MP3s on various bit rates. I played 5.1 DD and DTS etc.
I am not a sound enginner or sort of expert to talk all about the quality.
But from my audition experience on sony, lg , samsung, vinverth HTIBs , PEYEE far away outperformed those and i can very much feel the SQ.

I did not audition onkyo, marrantz sort of things. The reason is that those are perfectly out of my budget and i feel there is no point in looking on it.

Bottom line is a good sounding system worth for my money. They offer 1 year replacement warranty. and after that normal service . They have a service centre at Palarivattom cochin.

Thanks
Habeeb

Last edited:
did hear about the outfit a while ago,but no further feedback on the same.very vfm indeed.enjoy the listening and do post further impressions.cheers

Hello All,

Yesterday PYEE guys delivered the "Diamond Deluxe" Amp as committed. Due to some packaging mistakes, they had delivered the ordinary Diamond version a week back.

Also I bought a DVD player - Philips DVP3388/94 (The latest model from philips having native Dolby and DTS decoding, DIVX Ultra, USB etc.). I had done good home work (spec analysis, review reding etc.) before slecting the company and model.

I am appending the snaps of AMP and DVD player setup.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9305/dsc00023ta.jpg

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3134/dsc00022.jpg

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5213/dsc00024f.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5901/dsc00026zn.jpg

Sound quality.
--------------

Music & videos - Simply Superb.

Music tested - 128 kbps and 320 kbps various film MP3s. Sourced from usb drive through USB port of DVD.
The 24 bit 192 KHZ DAC on DVDP create magic on sound processing.
Note: All other DVD players on market has 16 bit processing.

Video tested - BBC Planet Earth - Dolby Digital 5.1

Will post more details.

I am very happy.

Thanks
Habeeb

Last edited:
Yes Habeeb, nice to see you happy. the speakers alook enormous but on their website. I called hin 2 days back but was not reachable.

will try again. Some pics of AMp would be great, if that is not too much trouble.[You see what I mean, you are enjoiyng a lot:yahoo:]

On their website this I suppose is the best and top end package? some more details on speakers would be nice.

regrads.

Yes Habeeb, nice to see you happy. the speakers alook enormous but on their website. I called hin 2 days back but was not reachable.

will try again. Some pics of AMp would be great, if that is not too much trouble.[You see what I mean, you are enjoiyng a lot:yahoo:]

On their website this I suppose is the best and top end package? some more details on speakers would be nice.

regrads.

Man, that amp is quite compact! Playing 91.9fm Radio Mango eh? Naattilengum paattayi! Those speakers must be one hell of a load!

Hello All,.
The 24 bit 192 KHZ DAC on DVDP create magic on sound processing.
Note: All other DVD players on market has 16 bit processing.

Video tested - BBC Planet Earth - Dolby Digital 5.1

Habeeb

I had a question here. most of the audio CDs are recorded at 16 bits as far i know. why would a 24bit DAC make a difference when the recording is itself at 16bit. i think 24 bit is applicable only for high definition audio.

if it really makes difference, i would like to buy a similar DVDp

BTW, your set up looks impressive.
do these people have any outlet in Mumbai?

Last edited:
In theory, you are very much correct Jaudere.

My feedback was based on SQ comparisons(what my ear feels)between this model of Philips and other DVDPs from LG and SONY.
Since i felt very good SQ from 3388 than from others, I thought 24 bit DAC may have some role.

When audio samples of 24 bit comes as part of DVD video (One question. Standing on the ceiling of 448kbps does AC-3 have any encoding variant of 24 bit sample?), the DAC can process that also.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Habeeb

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back