My home theatre setup - Long time Dream Realised !!

Hi,

Congrats Venkat. Njoy your dream, my dream is still waiting for the speakers!:)

Aseem

Congratulations.

Put your photos link in your signature.

Now sit back and enjoy music and movies and dont look at upgrading atleast for a year :)

Thanks a lot guys. And yes, probably the only upgrade I would do in the next few months is to get a HDMI and HD audio capable AVR like a Yam 465 or 467 etc. And add a subwoofer. Nothing else major for quite some time now. Gonna just enjoy the setup. The towers are by themselves fantastic ... I actually don't feel the need for a subwoofer now!!

---Venkat

Venkat: My heartyyyyy congratulations on the entire...i remember you discussing about this almost a year back. My sincere suggestion would be to get a Servo stab for the entire connection as the fluctuation and surge in our area is bad time to time.

Venkat: My heartyyyyy congratulations on the entire...i remember you discussing about this almost a year back. My sincere suggestion would be to get a Servo stab for the entire connection as the fluctuation and surge in our area is bad time to time.

Thanks a ton Ram. Yeah I have been thinking about the stabiliser also, but have to plan for it. Can't pick it up immediately. Will get the cost details from you.

congratulations....have a blast!!! way to go :)

Thanks a lot Jag. I AM having a blast whenever I can ... everytime I put on an action movie scene or nature documentary scene (like BBC's Life or Planet Earth) and the beautiful picture quality and sound are so engaging. Feel like experiencing it over and over. Watched The Green Zone (Matt Damon) 720p DTS blu ray rip on Saturday and it was fantastic to say the least!

---Venkat

Congrats Venkat. Looks like you really did everything patiently and methodically. Good to see that you are enjoying the "fruits of your labour".

Just a quick update on the TV - I see from some other posts (the LPPK550 ownership thread) by mehuldil that the PJ560 also requires a firmware upgrade. Please check it out. However if you are happy with the way the set is performing currently, you might not go in for the firmware upgrade and avoid he risk of the upgrade causing unwanted issues!

Congrats Venkat. Looks like you really did everything patiently and methodically. Good to see that you are enjoying the "fruits of your labour".

Just a quick update on the TV - I see from some other posts (the LPPK550 ownership thread) by mehuldil that the PJ560 also requires a firmware upgrade. Please check it out. However if you are happy with the way the set is performing currently, you might not go in for the firmware upgrade and avoid he risk of the upgrade causing unwanted issues!

Thanks Shreeps. Yeah it feels very satisfying to have done all the research, planned and bought the equipment in stages. Words can't describe it. Seriously. Regarding the firmware update, I don't see any issues with the TV. It seems to be doing fine. Like firmware updates for other devices, we need to know what issues the update would address, before deciding on going for the update.

yes, plz share the photo of the HT.

Uziel, have you posted your message in the wrong section? Please do check.

---Venkat

Hi Venkat, nice post, very detailed and informative.

can you help me setup my sony HTS with my new LG plasma 50PJ560PR
Home theatre system: DAV-DZ120K
LG 50PJ560PR Plasma TV
I am not able to find a way to hear the AV out from the TV into my HTS. Pls help.

Hi Venkat, nice post, very detailed and informative.

can you help me setup my sony HTS with my new LG plasma 50PJ560PR
Home theatre system: DAV-DZ120K
LG 50PJ560PR Plasma TV
I am not able to find a way to hear the AV out from the TV into my HTS. Pls help.

Hi Shahnawaz, thanks for your reply. Congrats on your new 50PJ560! Nice to know a fellow 50PJ560 plasma owner! I am sure you are enjoying the TV. I see from your post that you are trying to get the audio out from the TV to the Sony home theatre system. Well I have not actually figured this out since I don't use or need this type of connection. However, I have found after a bit of exploration that the PJ560 does not have a headphone jack, though there is a "Variable Audio Out" jack (left and right) at the back, along with the Component Video In jacks etc. I have not tried connecting this audio out to my home theatre amplifier. Now that you have raised this, maybe I will try it. Give me some time and I shall let you know. Meanwhile, you can take a common 2 RCA - 2 RCA cable and connect the Variable Audio Out from the back of the TV to an Audio In on your Sony home theatre system. See if this works.

Hi venkat
where did u buy the tv cabinet from. how is the pdt and how much did u pay for it.

Hi Thomas,

I got my TV cabinet from Damro furniture in Chennai (they sell imported furniture from Sri Lanka). The MRP was 8700/- but I got it during a special offer for 6.7k + 450 for delivery. This was the only design which suited my bulky components and will further suit the components even after I get new upgraded models later. The space in each compartment is superb. By PDT, I assume you are referring to the plasma TV. Well it is an LG 50 inch PJ560 model with superb speakers. The direct LG price was 62k while I got it for 59k here. I got Airtel HD DTH free with the TV as part of a promotion at that time.

---Venkat

Hi Venkat,

My hearty Congratulations for your HT setup.
Njoy a lot!!!

Very nice paragraph and very informative. Thanks for that.
And a help from you. Where can we get a used sub for 4k. Please PM me if you have any contacts.

Thanks
Vijay

Venkat
i have some query regarding ur tv rack. the place where u have set up the avr, is that space enough. is more gap needed for air circulation.

Hi Shahnawaz, thanks for your reply. Congrats on your new 50PJ560! Nice to know a fellow 50PJ560 plasma owner! I am sure you are enjoying the TV. I see from your post that you are trying to get the audio out from the TV to the Sony home theatre system. Well I have not actually figured this out since I don't use or need this type of connection. However, I have found after a bit of exploration that the PJ560 does not have a headphone jack, though there is a "Variable Audio Out" jack (left and right) at the back, along with the Component Video In jacks etc. I have not tried connecting this audio out to my home theatre amplifier. Now that you have raised this, maybe I will try it. Give me some time and I shall let you know. Meanwhile, you can take a common 2 RCA - 2 RCA cable and connect the Variable Audio Out from the back of the TV to an Audio In on your Sony home theatre system. See if this works.

<snip>
---Venkat

Thanks Venkat. I will try what you suggested in the meanwhile and let you know.

Venkat, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your detailed post.

1. Now that a few months have passed, whats your opinion on Yamaha vs Denon vs Pioneer in terms of ease of use - considering my older parents?
2. I am considering a 40" LG LCD Theater vs LG Plasma Jazz Theater. Would LCD be brighter in your opinion? SD signal displayed well by Plasma?

Any and all suggestions are welcome folks!

Cheers!
Suhail

Congrats Venkat!
i hv been thinking of converting one of my rooms into home theatre, and have undertaken the journey of building one right from scratch, including building up my knowledge which is presently close to zero. Like you, i think, i will post regularly the progress that i am making thru pics.
Enjoy and good luck

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back