My HT@Hyderabad

Looks like a great dedicated HT room coming up...keep us updated. What you doing about room acoustic treatment? I have done mine with acoustic foams from Bajaao.com. These guys are good and help you in choosing right acoustic material for your home theater.

Please check my recent post :)

The acoustic material arrived in a week and since one of the forum members was also planning his HT, we placed an order together. The synth wool and the wood wool boards seemed to be of decent quality and we ordered a little extra just to be safe. I also placed an order for some loose rockwool to fill the riser as i did not want to close it hollow.

Carpenters were doing the framing work and once i got the riser done, i wanted to fix the speaker position and get the speaker shelves done. I was planning to go with behind the screen speaker setup and was contemplating on the idea of building a baffle wall. But it seemed a little complex and i had to also forgo the option of upgrading the speakers in future, if i wanted to, since i had to build cavities to place the speakers. The other thing i wanted was, everything in line i.e, the front screen wall should look even. So i brought the whole frame 2ft forward from the front wall and built a ply frame. I asked them to build shelves to place my speakers on. The positioning of shelves was 1/6th, 3/6th & 5/6th along the width of the room.

I am including the pics in the link here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskFiLoRJ

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back