My HT Journey so far and counting

Praying for your speedy recovery, so that soon you start enjoying your investments.
Do your neighbors arrive asking you to turn down the volume ? :p

Perfect setup and skillfully set the sound panels. Next you can just color the room into dark grey or some similar shade, complete mini theatre.
How did you get the minidsp umik? shipped?
Thanks a lot :) Mini dsp and umic where online purchase from avenue sound. All my neighbors are noisy who use sound systems at very high volume. In fact it was me who have fought so many times with downstairs hahah

Lucky You !!!!

Did you use the Umik and make any calibration changes or so ?
For measuring sub response and integrating the subwoofer with mains, umik is a very handy tool. If only I had got it sooner I might have even avoided my ear damage as I have spent countless hours continuously experimenting different values with trial and error method. It’s just a waste of time. With umik all it takes is 1-2 hours max. For me since I already know the best spot all it took to calibrate the sub was 20-30 mins with the umic

awesome, had heard about umik being good for all these things but never knew to be this good.

Did you have to pay premium for the umik? mind sharing the cost? PM would work too.

awesome, had heard about umik being good for all these things but never knew to be this good.

Did you have to pay premium for the umik? mind sharing the cost? PM would work too.
It costs 8500 including shipping. IMO it’s well priced for the value it offers. You can place the order in avenue sound website and it will be delivered within 2-3 days

No worries mate. Get well soon.

Can you tell about the foam panels? did it help in your setup? how did it impact your sound?
I got the below. Buying 1 feet panels are expensive so you can place the order for 2 feet and request them to cut it in to 1 feet. They control echoes very well and cut the sharpness due to echoes and first reflection points

How heavy are they, I intend to not stick it to first left and right reflection points and just place it there.

Rockwool is said to have many side effects , so not looking forward to using it . From a lows perspective the room is already well treated , only first and right reflection point is a challenge presently so looking for something heavy enough to place only during listening sessions.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back