My HT Journey so far and counting

Unpacked and all set for tomorrow to calibrate with mini dsp. Well my 5.2.4 set up is completed with just a 3channel PA pending which is currently being built by well known fm Aniket. Well looking at my first post and setup in this thread,I have come a long way in 6 years and all thanks to this forum and it’s wonderful members.

DD5D5719-AE07-406E-874D-B904CAC93380.jpeg4D6F5B81-7065-4366-82F7-8FF16BF60A54.jpeg23B3280F-7C73-47C1-9C0D-4990B2A39CDD.jpeg

Good stuff Naveen. Been good to follow this thread. In six years I was hoping you’d find a solution to getting those speakers off the glass shelves up front :)
+1.
@Love4sound ,You 'd feel that speakers potentials when you use them with stands..
Well as you can see there is no space for stands for both LR speakers. Near the left speaker is the entrance and below the right speakers is where I have my sub. The distance of LR are calculated based on my MLP so can’t position them elsewhere.

Well as you can see there is no space for stands for both LR speakers. Near the left speaker is the entrance and below the right speakers is where I have my sub. The distance of LR are calculated based on my MLP so can’t position them elsewhere.
Great effort..however, I wish you had turned the entire setting other way round. Put sitting arrangement at the entrance and display on the wall where you have kept recliner now. cover all the windows with wooden boards and make space for a big screen. I have a big 6 x 4 window where my screen 110' is hung now. I have covered all the walls with plywood boards and pasted wall carpets on them. Does the rack have breathing space for the equipment? It looks totally enclosed. make some venting arrangements.

@Love4sound is this the end in search of subwoofer journey? :p

You have made a very nice room for HT experience, with top notch gear.
Hahah hopefully
Great effort..however, I wish you had turned the entire setting other way round. Put sitting arrangement at the entrance and display on the wall where you have kept recliner now. cover all the windows with wooden boards and make space for a big screen. I have a big 6 x 4 window where my screen 110' is hung now. I have covered all the walls with plywood boards and pasted wall carpets on them. Does the rack have breathing space for the equipment? It looks totally enclosed. make some venting arrangements.
The main reason for me to not do it the other way around is that there is a huge slab. This will be a bad choice for atmos speakers.

Attachments

• 1729AD00-7E4E-423A-A42A-BA66B2E8ED51.jpeg
    1729AD00-7E4E-423A-A42A-BA66B2E8ED51.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 61
The main reason for me to not do it the other way around is that there is a huge slab. This will be a bad choice for atmos speakers.
What is the height of the slab? If it's nearly 8.5 ft then it's even better. You can make a false ceiling and fix atmos speakers. I have done that. My concrete ceiling is 9ft high and the false ceiling is about 8 ft.

What is the height of the slab? If it's nearly 8.5 ft then it's even better. You can make a false ceiling and fix atmos speakers. I have done that. My concrete ceiling is 9ft high and the false ceiling is about 8 ft.
It’s just 6.5-7 feet. From MLP it will be just 3-3.5 so bad idea. I actually thought all of this and made all the calculations and opted for the best solution possible given the room limitations.

Unpacked and all set for tomorrow to calibrate with mini dsp. Well my 5.2.4 set up is completed with just a 3channel PA pending which is currently being built by well known fm Aniket. Well looking at my first post and setup in this thread,I have come a long way in 6 years and all thanks to this forum and it’s wonderful members.

View attachment 60775View attachment 60776View attachment 60777
Great setup and congrats. Are they different brands of subwoofers connected? Have seen some posts in other threads that both subs should be same brand to make the best effect out of it.

I'm interested to go for dual sub but my onkyo avr has one output for sub, in that case should i need to change avr or any options?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back