My HT Journey so far and counting

Love4sound

Dear FM's

I take great pleasure in sharing my journey so far. Ever since i was a Kid i had great passion for Cars,HT and was a serious gaming addict and i still am. During my school days i used a Philips 2.1 and creative 2.1 system and spent hours on gaming and music. During college days i used a creative 5.1 and philips 5.1 system. During college days and even after finishing college all i did was Gaming, movies, lots and lots of car trips. Well we all have to get serious at one point so landed my 1st job on 2013 and moved out of home at 2014. So my knowledge on HT was 0 and all i knew was we have to place 5 speakers above our heads with 4 speakers in each corner of the room and had no clue about the brands and type of set ups available. All i knew was sony, philips LG HTIB and thought there is no other set up that exists beyond them. So while i was searching for a house my 1st check list will be a bedroom where i can place 4 speakers on each corners of the room and one corner space to place a subwoofer. If only i knew about this forum and been a member i would have purchased a 3 bhk for a dedicated HT room. So after moving into the new 2bhk house i set up the philips 5.1 in my bedroom with all 5 speakers in the floor i used to watch movies, listen to music, along with a 26 inch sony lcd tv i used in college. So after saving some money i purchased sony w950c from reliance digital on 2015 along with yht299 without knowing anything. Well the remaining story what happened after 2015 and how i got to the current set up is all in pictures and will explain in parts

Pictures 1-5(2015-2017)

Well i know its messy with all the wires etc but hey i was just 27 and a bachelor living alone in a 2bhk :) what else can you expect? Initailly had the gaming PC set up next to the TV but later moved it behind as seen i the pictures 1-5. 2016 my friend gave a Jamo centre channel speaker which can be seen in 4th pic. It got me all excited as the vocals and details improved a lot and that is when i started to get more serious about HT and started learning about them in detail. Dec 29th i also got married :) and feared big time the WAF will be a problem but thankfully my wife supports me with this hobby and thanks to her i was able to purchase all the below gears else i would have just settled with yht299 and a jamo centre channel

Pictures 6-9(2018)

After getting to know more about the center channel role i wanted to know more about subwoofers. I accidentally stumbled upon Max HT which is near my office. So i visited the place, that is where and when i got bitten by the HT bug. First time in my life i am visiting a professional HT shop. I was in ecstasy seeing the set up and the speakers. I was drooling looking at the Book shelf, Tower speakers and was like omg so big and beautiful speakers as it was the first time in my life i am seeing such speakers.There was Dali's , Polks which i didn't even know existed. I purchased a polk psw 125 and also after some time the dealer was kind enough to give me the dalis for audition. First i got the zensor vokal, Then the zensor 1 and then the zensor 3. After getting blown away by the performance i got the denon 2400 and purchased only the vokal and kept the Z3, Z1 to auditon. In pic 7 you can see i roughly placed the jamo and yamaha centre channel to experiment atmos. They were used as front heights. This period was the most important stage where i was able to experiment and learn a lot without making any purchase but using the loaned speakers.For experimenting i just used the boxes to place the speakers as seen in pic 7. After i got the Z3 i placed them in same places as z1 placed in pic 7 and moved the z1 back and placed them in the corner above a suit case and in the computer table as seen in pic 8 and 9

Pics 10-14 (2018)

After the experiments where all done, i wanted to purchase and install the speakers. I did all the calculation and with help of one person who took care of drilling and casing i installed my speakers. Front, rear using a glass mount and to experiment atmos i installed 2 satellite speakers in the ceiling that came along with the yht299 package. I also joined the forum in November and got my BIC subwoofer after it was highly recommended here under 50k. BTW my wife scolds every one of you for getting me more hooked to HT with your posts and pictures hahaha :p

Pics 15-20 (2019)

The upgrade bug hit me just after a month i purchased the Bic after i came across the xtz subwoofer. As mentioned above all the gears where purchased after audition and with the speakers being auditioned for months at my home i did not want to buy xtz which was expensive for me. So my next thought was why not get a dual sub and audioholics was very kind enough to loan it for a day. I was blown away by the dual sub experience. The smooth and punchy bass we all love was present in dual. But it was big and as seen in pic its just in the entrance of the room so dropped the idea. By this time i lost contact with Max HT and its been months since i spoke with him. Hit by the update bug i reached out to him asking for what subs are available in 40-50K budget. He listed few subs and also welcomed me to his place since its been long and that he has taken dealership with XTZ and has a demo room set up just for xtz. Tears of joy hearing that my favorite and regular dealer who had already loaned me dali speakers to audition is a XTZ dealer. I immediately went to his place and after spending hours of testing the sub decided to take it home. As seen in pic he gave me 12.17 and after a week 10.17 edge to audition. So after a complete satisfaction i purchased the 10.17 and saved some bucks.I also replaced the yamaha satellites with SVS prime elevations and 2400 with 4500. And also blessed with a baby girl who is now almost 4 months old :D

My current gear as below. Last and most important i met an amazing group of people sharing the same passion. I also have made few good friends who i talk and chat daily or occasionally

Denon 4500,AMC25100 5ch PA
5.1.2-Dali Z3,Z1,Vokal and Svs Prime Elevation
XTZ 10.17
Sony BDP-4500
Nvidia Shield 4k

Sony KDL-43W950C
Cables:C&E 16AWG OFC, Monoprice RCA
Banana Plugs: Mediabridge 24K Gold Plated

Regards
Navin

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 619
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 618
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 583
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 576
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 560
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 531
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 542
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 523
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 517
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 528
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 521
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    974.8 KB · Views: 525
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 524
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 539
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 540
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 548
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 575
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 580
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 598
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 608
Denon 4500,AMC25100 5ch PA
5.1.2-Dali Z3,Z1,Vokal and Svs Prime Elevation
XTZ 10.17
Sony BDP-4500
Nvidia Shield 4k

Sony KDL-43W950C
Cables:C&E 16AWG OFC, Monoprice RCA
Banana Plugs: Mediabridge 24K Gold Plated

Regards
Navin

Very very Nice setup. Congrats

If u have the budget or in future, upgrade your tv to atleast 65 inch or buy a projector.

'' Big Picture, Big sound''

I didn't notice or i may have skipped, invest in a good surge protector and stablizer/power conditioner also, to protect your investment.

Cheers enjoy..

If u have the budget or in future, upgrade your tv to atleast 65 inch or buy a projector.

I didn't notice or i may have skipped, invest in a good surge protector and stablizer/power conditioner also, to protect your investment.

Cheers enjoy..

And make some plan to install some basic acoustic treatments also in some near or distant future also. It will take your cinematic experience to the next level.

Regards

Congrats on your beloved one and a very nice write up..

Cheers enjoy..
Thanks :) Projector and screen is impossible in this room. May be in the future if I move to a different house I’ll plan a dedicated HT room. Currently my viewing distance is 6-7 feet and also if u can see the 43 inc tv has very little space in between the LCR so 65 inch is impossible. I have taken the measurements and 55 inch will be just kissing the speakers. May be after a year when my daughter starts watching tv I will move this tv to the other room or hall and get a 55 inch OLED tv. I am going to get servo stabilizer.
And make some plan to install some basic acoustic treatments also in some near or distant future also. It will take your cinematic experience to the next level.

Regards
Yes have plans to use bass traps in the rear corners and install acoustic panels in few reflection points.

Last edited:
Congratulations Love4sound on the arrival of your baby girl & your HT setup. I am sure her voice will be the sweetest ever you have heard. Hope you have a good time with your setup for a long time.:)

Congrats Man...Take care of the baby in touching the HT gears .Its more important for the safety of baby than gears. I came up in a same scenario 5~6 years back ,always thinking how to take precautions (Even I bought a Small rack with Glass doors).Thank GOD ! .
By the way enjoy your HT .

Congratulations on the newborn. Nice writeup and quite a good upgrade at the proper interval. Minimum room treatment is a must for you now. Just try to lock some of the first reflections and design them well.

Congratulations Love4sound on the arrival of your baby girl & your HT setup. I am sure her voice will be the sweetest ever you have heard. Hope you have a good time with your setup for a long time.:)
Congrats Man...Take care of the baby in touching the HT gears .Its more important for the safety of baby than gears. I came up in a same scenario 5~6 years back ,always thinking how to take precautions (Even I bought a Small rack with Glass doors).Thank GOD ! .
By the way enjoy your HT .
Congratulations on the newborn. Nice writeup and quite a good upgrade at the proper interval. Minimum room treatment is a must for you now. Just try to lock some of the first reflections and design them well.
Thanks for the kind wishes Nitin, Rajit and Vinoth. Yeah I am working on baby proofing and some basic room treatment.

couldn't help but notice.. ur servo stabilizer is very close the speaker and other electronics .. you might like to search a diff location to avoid interference.
Oh I wasn’t aware that stabilizer May cause interference. Are you 100% certain it will cause interference?
Looks killer .. do share ur review soon
I had the 2017 shield. To be honest I don’t find any difference. The main difference is this supports Dolby vision and has AI upscaling. It also supports atmos in Netflix. Even with AI upscaling I don’t notice a huge difference. I actually asked my friend to get only the remote. But by the time she was leaving us nvidia still didn’t launch the remote to be sold separately so I went for this model

Yes it does. Wanna check ? make a call close to stabilizer and hear the diff .. you shall hear static sound. Also all power devices generate EMF that interferes with other electronics if not shielded. And anyways these stabilizers are not piece of Art that would like to keep them right in the center like an eyesore.

Yes it does. Wanna check ? make a call close to stabilizer and hear the diff .. you shall hear static sound. Also all power devices generate EMF that interferes with other electronics if not shielded. And anyways these stabilizers are not piece of Art that would like to keep them right in the center like an eyesore.
Ok sure I will experiment this. So far I haven’t noticed any interference or may be I am not aware. Will update later after testing by making a call

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back