My HT Journey so far and counting

So this is my current set up. Sorry I forgot to update after installing the C9. As suggested I have moved the stabilizer away from avr and centre channel. Once lockdown is over wil make a custom av rack

View attachment 45550
Hi buddy, please let me know what ups you are using down there ? and what is the max watts it can handle, and what is the total watts of your complete equipment like TV, AVR, Subwoofer,Blu ray player, and what components are connected to ups ? what if power is suddenly off ? Please it helps me in setting up my equipment. And what is the load of your outlet ?

Hi buddy, please let me know what ups you are using down there ? and what is the max watts it can handle, and what is the total watts of your complete equipment like TV, AVR, Subwoofer,Blu ray player, and what components are connected to ups ? what if power is suddenly off ? Please it helps me in setting up my equipment. And what is the load of your outlet ?
That is not an ups. It is a 5kv vertex servo stabilizer. I don’t use any power back up for my gears. Abrupt power cut twice or thrice a month while the gears are on shouldn’t affect them as far as I know. Fluctuations and surge are the real problems

ok, one question, when you are using your home theater, in between if there is power cut then all equipment will turn off immediately right ? then is that not a problem ?

ok, one question, when you are using your home theater, in between if there is power cut then all equipment will turn off immediately right ? then is that not a problem ?
It has happened many times and I haven’t had any issues. Like I said as far as i know abrupt power cuts will not affect your gears.

ok. then fine. one more question, if you have idea on this please guide, any idea about Power Conditioner ?
I don’t use any power conditioner. When I did my research the most commonly used product is furman and Panamax which aren’t available in India. They are used for filtering small dips, peaks and AC line noise. So in theory you need them only if you have dirty power.With vertex you get stable voltage which also has inbuilt emf/rfi filters with a spike arrestor.Many of us have been using it without any power back up and haven’t faced any issues.

I don’t use any power conditioner. When I did my research the most commonly used product is furman and Panamax which aren’t available in India. They are used for filtering small dips, peaks and AC line noise. So in theory you need them only if you have dirty power.With vertex you get stable voltage which also has inbuilt emf/rfi filters with a spike arrestor.Many of us have been using it without any power back up and haven’t faced any issues.
ok thank you man. How many amps does your outlet supports ? I guess lot of equipment will require lot of current. For example, As per my research, If receiver is 600W, subwoofer is 300W and TV is 300W then total watts comes to 1200W, if we convert watts to amps with our volts say 220, then watts/volts = amps, then the final value will be 5.45 amps. I read that if we draw more current than the wire in the outlet supports, then it will damage our equipment. Please correct me if i am missing something.

Last edited:
Yes, if you are using a projector in your HT.
The reason is simple, improper shutdowns of the projector can lead to failure or damage of projector lamp and other internal parts of the assembly.

Last edited:
ok thank you man. How many amps does your outlet supports ? I guess lot of equipment will require lot of current. For example, As per my research, If receiver is 600W, subwoofer is 300W and TV is 300W then total watts comes to 1200W, if we convert watts to amps with our volts say 220, then watts/volts = amps, then the final value will be 5.45 amps. I read that if we draw more current than the wire in the outlet supports, then it will damage our equipment. Please correct me if i am missing something.
For using vertex I use a 16A socket which is also a requirement for vertex

So far, we have had sudden powercuts twice this summer where the equipment suddenly switched off while playing. So far so good, everything seems fine. The gear is attached to the Krykard stabilizer via the Barracuda power distribution extension.
I guess Computer's are more prone to such sudden power cuts as they need to be shut down properly hence a ups is more essential here.

Last edited:
So this is my current set up. Sorry I forgot to update after installing the C9. As suggested I have moved the stabilizer away from avr and centre channel. Once lockdown is over wil make a custom av rack

View attachment 45550
Nice setup there.

Wanted to check on SVS prime elevations you have. Are they only used in 7.1 config (Atmos only) or they are used while Playing music as well.
Do you think they may work well for surround as well?

Last edited:
Nice setup there.

Wanted to check on SVS prime elevations you have. Are they only used in 7.1 config (Atmos only) or they are used while Playing music as well.
Do you think they may work well for surround as well?
Thanks. The config I use is 5.1.2 so the .2 is the height channels and I have configured them as top middle. When playing music which are just 2.0 recordings the dsp should be used for the height channels to work else the audio will play only in the LR speakers. Some songs sound good but most of them won’t so I use pure direct mode for listening to music, meaning only the LR will work. And using elevations as surrounds yeah you can but there are better speakers available for its cost.

Back