My HT Journey so far and counting

So after waiting for one month I had the dual 80mm acinfinity usb fans delivered yesterday. Amazing product. Even at high speed it’s not noisy and keeps the avr cool. In the image shared only the x marked where moderately hot with the remaining part of the avr being literally cold. Now I have moved the avr inside the cabinet and after a hour of testing I checked the avr and it was moderately hot. Now I am going to order another pair as well.

Attachments

• F06CA1F2-B049-4707-98B3-0ED49F3EC6BA.jpeg
    F06CA1F2-B049-4707-98B3-0ED49F3EC6BA.jpeg
    884.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 4CA8D25D-95B7-43ED-9EF1-B2521375CD06.jpeg
    4CA8D25D-95B7-43ED-9EF1-B2521375CD06.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 55232967-A459-49E0-9B23-DE284B3DFB91.jpeg
    55232967-A459-49E0-9B23-DE284B3DFB91.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 127
Few changes recently. Got myself a custom made av rack to protect my daughter from playing with avr, vertex and pulling wires.Will cover the remaining wires using pvc casing soon. Also it’s been some time since I got the xtz 12.17. The 10.17 is still available on sale.
I might have been interested in the sub if we were in the same city. Sadly, we are not.

So after waiting for one month I had the dual 80mm acinfinity usb fans delivered yesterday. Amazing product. Even at high speed it’s not noisy and keeps the avr cool. In the image shared only the x marked where moderately hot with the remaining part of the avr being literally cold. Now I have moved the avr inside the cabinet and after a hour of testing I checked the avr and it was moderately hot. Now I am going to order another pair as well.
Congrats for the must need component in HT setup.
I am also searching for this type of fans.

I was also planning to mount some of my PC case fans of top of IA and AVR, since airflow under the table is little restrictive and AVR gets a little hot. Although everyone say its fine, since they are passive cooled, and dont require active cooling.

I was also planning to mount some of my PC case fans of top of IA and AVR, since airflow under the table is little restrictive and AVR gets a little hot. Although everyone say its fine, since they are passive cooled, and dont require active cooling.
If u have enough ventilation it’s fine. I placed my avr I used a closed cabinet so no ventilation and this fan is a must. 4500 heats up crazy

Aww anyways the sub is sold to a Chennai FM. Now I am waiting for my 12.17 to be delivered. Dealer said no stocks so the one in the image is a demo unit the dealer loaned to me till he gets stock
Oh great, which one 12.17 edge version or normal? Better than svs pb2000 pro?

Oh great, which one 12.17 edge version or normal? Better than svs pb2000 pro?
I have ordered the standard 12.17. I haven’t auditioned the pb2000 pro yet. The std 12.17 is VFM and more affordable compared to the pb2000 pro. My golden rule for subwoofer purchase is to audition at home and then only finalise. So the xtz dealer is my regular HT guy for all my purchase so he was kind enough to arrange home demo. So after a spending good amount of time with the 12.17 I now know how it performs and the negatives as well and can purchase with some satisfaction

Last edited:
My most favourite part in the HT journey is getting the cal from dealer that stock is ready, picking up the product and unboxing. It’s just so exciting. I take so much pictures and selfies of the entire process. Here are some for you to enjoy. Don’t worry not sharing selfie pics hahah

Attachments

• 7972F186-D262-43C2-997F-8065112AA0BB.jpeg
    7972F186-D262-43C2-997F-8065112AA0BB.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 149
  • EE55FA5F-509A-451A-BAA6-D13B81059364.jpeg
    EE55FA5F-509A-451A-BAA6-D13B81059364.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 23BCDA67-DC05-496D-B1C9-B0D0EDEF94C7.jpeg
    23BCDA67-DC05-496D-B1C9-B0D0EDEF94C7.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
My most favourite part in the journey is getting the cal from dealer that stock is ready, picking up the product and unboxing. It’s just so exciting. I take so much pictures and selfies of the entire process. Here are some for you to enjoy. Don’t worry not sharing selfie pics hahah
All the very best and wishes to go for Dual!!! in 2 months... :)

Congrats ...Setup looks good and promising !

As per the pics attached looks like you had moved from BIC America Sub to XTZ? How is the performance of XTZ comparing with other sub u had.
Are u using dual subs , and have u seen any advantages ?. I have auditioned XTZ 12.17 edge sub , It's very powerful enough to shake the big room and when touching it can paralyze hands :) :) .
How ever did not feel the deep bass , may be because of they placed sub in middle of demo room , and it did not blend correctly with the front speakers. Also they had dual subs in the room , it improve a little more bass but not great bass. I feel it could be because of the weird placement of sub and tuning.
I hope there are more settings we can finetune to achieve deep bass with XTZ. I am looking in to deep bass instead of power bass.

Congrats ...Setup looks good and promising !

As per the pics attached looks like you had moved from BIC America Sub to XTZ? How is the performance of XTZ comparing with other sub u had.
Are u using dual subs , and have u seen any advantages ?. I have auditioned XTZ 12.17 edge sub , It's very powerful enough to shake the big room and when touching it can paralyze hands :) :) .
How ever did not feel the deep bass , may be because of they placed sub in middle of demo room , and it did not blend correctly with the front speakers. I hope there are more settings we can finetune to achieve deep bass with XTZ. I am looking in to deep bass instead of power bass.
Thanks. Yeah I used bic and moved to 10.17 having duals in mind. Due to space limitations I now moved to 12.17. Bass is tricky and we can’t judge based on showroom demos. For me till now the best bass I have heard in a show room was in Volumate Chennai on a dua bic f-12. After listening there only I became so addicted to bass. Key is the room acoustics and calibration. Herwin seems to be very good with calibrating his subwoofers. Coming to your question it depends on how deep you need? I used rew and the 12.17 goes low as 18 hz very comfortably. Seen a graph shared by another fm of a dual xtz 12.17 edge and it went low as 15hz. So if you want 5-10 hz deep bass xtz won’t satisfy you. But if you will be happy till 18 hz and 15 hz with a dual set up xtz is a good sub. One more thing in xtz is that the right port has to be closed for deep low performance.

My most favourite part in the HT journey is getting the cal from dealer that stock is ready, picking up the product and unboxing. It’s just so exciting. I take so much pictures and selfies of the entire process. Here are some for you to enjoy. Don’t worry not sharing selfie pics hahah

Congrats Navin, i can feel the house shaking here in Bangalore :D

Same here. I enjoy like a kid when i get product in hand and start playing it.
I am also in process of getting projector, so i will again feel the similar feelings.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back