My impressions of the Marantz CD 6006 UK Edition

@Nitin K @RRR I too have had a very bad experience wrt amazon.in and audio cds. invisible manufacturing defects galore, cdp wouldn't read the toc, had the cd returned and was offered the refund. tried a replacement and same saga all over again. lesson learnt. :mad:

Hi Sean,
Do they refund if it is defective. I was under the impression that Cds are not returnable.

Hi Sean,
Do they refund if it is defective. I was under the impression that Cds are not returnable.
from my experience this "amazon.in policy" varies from seller to seller. Some cds are returnable some aren't. As I stated above, I ordered the same cd twice and both copies were defective. I was offered the refund on both occasions of course! ironically the second cd was even worse than the first. The seller lied through his teeth that he had personally played all songs of the 2nd copy of the cd in his own studio and it was error free when it clearly wasn't the case. I was not a happy bunny ;)

Thanks for your feedback.
The seller must have made the 2nd copy in his own studio.
Lets see if the seller matches so that we dont waste time on this seller.
Will pm you so as to not derail the thread.

@Nitin K @RRR I too have had a very bad experience wrt amazon.in and audio cds. invisible manufacturing defects galore, cdp wouldn't read the toc, had the cd returned and was offered the refund. tried a replacement and same saga all over again. lesson learnt. :mad:
Hi Sean,
FM Oracle1974 has suggested an online site "Cdhut"from Singapore with good audiophile recordings. I have placed an order for a Don Williams and Charlie Pride CD.
If it's good then you can try this site.
It may take around 9 days to reach India by post. I'll let you know once it reaches me.

from my experience this "amazon.in policy" varies from seller to seller. Some cds are returnable some aren't. As I stated above, I ordered the same cd twice and both copies were defective. I was offered the refund on both occasions of course! ironically the second cd was even worse than the first. The seller lied through his teeth that he had personally played all songs of the 2nd copy of the cd in his own studio and it was error free when it clearly wasn't the case. I was not a happy bunny

from my experience this "amazon.in policy" varies from seller to seller. Some cds are returnable some aren't. As I stated above, I ordered the same cd twice and both copies were defective. I was offered the refund on both occasions of course! ironically the second cd was even worse than the first. The seller lied through his teeth that he had personally played all songs of the 2nd copy of the cd in his own studio and it was error free when it clearly wasn't the case. I was not a happy bunny ;)
I buy from amazon UK. My friend puts them in Royal Mail's CD/Vinyl mailer and sends me to India. Never fails. Even after the postage charges, it's often cheaper. Besides most of the titles are not available in India anyway.

I buy from amazon UK. My friend puts them in Royal Mail's CD/Vinyl mailer and sends me to India. Never fails. Even after the postage charges, it's often cheaper. Besides most of the titles are not available in India anyway.
Same here.

I had ordered a book from Amazon UK in May 2020. It reached my place by royal mail in November. By Standard mail, the same book reached in around 25 days. Maybe the delay was due to covid 19.
Amazon UK is a great site & I have had no issues with the other stuff ordered from them.

Hi Sean,

Finally the 2 cd's reached my place yesterday by post. It was packed in a paper envelope with a generous roll of bubble wrap around the cd's. Despite that the center spindle inside the cover where the cd gets locked onto, was broken to bits on both the cd's. Luckily no damage to the cd & the outer cover. Looks like these cd's must have got one hell of a massage on the way from Singapore to Mumbai.
Anyway the sound Quality/recording is quite good. Initially I felt the tracks on both the cd's sounded a little bassy . This could be possible because of my subwoofer & the bass could be easily reduced on the sub after which it sounded fine. The vocals sounded nice & forthright.
If I find anything I like at CDHut, I would definitely order again in the future. Their service is prompt & professional & takes approx 9 days from Singapore to Mumbai. No customs duty was charged. Thanks again to Oracle1974 for suggesting the link.
You can surely go ahead & order them. On a side note, some tracks on my cd player did pause but it later played them. I am totally clueless about this as Marantz cd players have a very famous reputation of being very moody & play what & when they feel like.;)

Regards,
Nitin

Attachments

• cd_01.jpg
    cd_01.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 25
  • cd_02.jpg
    cd_02.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 25
  • cd_03.jpg
    cd_03.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back